• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheese or Sauce First: Making Flippable Appetizers

In summary, when making flippable appetizers, the general rule is to put the most prominent ingredient first. Both cheese and sauce can be layered on top of the appetizer, but it is important to evenly distribute them. Preheating the pan is necessary to ensure even cooking and prevent sticking. The cooking time will vary, but it is best to flip the appetizer when the bottom is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Any type of cheese or sauce can be used, as long as they melt well and won't be too runny when heated. Experimenting with different combinations is encouraged.
babywings76
Gold Member
Has anyone made these before? I tried them and wasn't too happy with the results. First off, I didn't have anything as big as the large bar pan, platter-wise, to flip them onto. I used a wide spatula and just dug under a couple at a time and then flipped them onto a platter. I have to say, it was quite messy. I don't think I liked the sauce being on the bottom, because then it ended up being the top and was quite mushy. I think I would prefer the cheese being on top. Do you think it would work if I put the cheese down as the first layer?

I haven't tried them and I haven't seen the recipe to even give you any advice. Sorry.

where did you find this recipe?

It's on "A Day in the Life of a Bar Pan", I have 2 versions, and I think they were from here. :)

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your experience with making these bars. I have made them before and I completely understand your concerns. One tip I have found helpful is to use a smaller pan, such as the medium bar pan, and cut the recipe in half. This makes flipping them onto a platter much easier and less messy. As for the sauce on the bottom, I have also tried putting the cheese on top and it works just as well. I recommend giving it a try and seeing if you prefer it that way. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

1. How do I know which ingredient to put first when making flippable appetizers?

The general rule is to put the ingredient that will be the most prominent in the final product first. For example, if you're making a cheese and vegetable quesadilla, the cheese should go on first since it will be on top when you flip the quesadilla.

2. Can I put both cheese and sauce on at the same time?

Yes, you can definitely layer both cheese and sauce on top of your appetizer. Just make sure to evenly distribute both ingredients to ensure an even cooking and flipping process.

3. Is it necessary to preheat the pan before adding the cheese and sauce?

Yes, it is important to preheat the pan before adding any ingredients. This will ensure that your appetizer cooks evenly and doesn't stick to the pan.

4. How long should I cook my flippable appetizer for?

The cooking time will vary depending on the type of appetizer you're making and the heat of your stovetop. It's best to keep an eye on the appetizer and flip it when the bottom is golden brown and the cheese is melted.

5. Can I use any type of cheese or sauce for flippable appetizers?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese or sauce that you prefer. Just make sure to use ingredients that melt well and won't be too runny when heated. Experiment with different combinations to find your favorite!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
yourchef23
  • krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • DebPC