• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Barbeque Pizza: Outdoor Party Ideas for the Grill

In summary, making a barbeque pizza on the grill is a simple process. Preheat your grill, cook the dough for a few minutes, add toppings, and cook for a few more minutes until the crust is fully cooked. We recommend using a gas grill for better temperature control, but a charcoal grill can also be used. Store-bought pizza dough can be used, but make sure to let it come to room temperature first. Popular toppings for barbeque pizza include chicken, red onions, bell peppers, pineapple, and cilantro, but you can also make a vegetarian version using grilled vegetables or tofu.
Aunticooks
Gold Member
I've seen some people talking about doing a pizza on the barbeque. Is that using our stoneware??
I have a couple of guys that want to do outdoor parties and aside from using the Large turner/beer opener and grill basket I was wanting to do something else too.
:chef:Any suggestions. I know a lot of questions in 1. sorry but thanks for any help.

NO! Don't put your stoneware on the grill. The temp ranges so much and is direct heat, it can crack your stone.

Then how do you barbeque the pizza?

Here is the recipe I use for Grilled Pizza - it's from the Casual Cooking Cookbook, I believe. It's on the Outlet right now.

Attachments

• Italian Grilled Pizza.doc
    11.5 KB · Views: 472
Thanks Becky, guess I'll be grillin pizza this weekend as my trial run. really freak the hubby out! I love to try different things and watch his reaction. He never knows what he is gonna git.

Grilled pizza is one of my favorites!!!

If you want to use reagular dough for a real brick oven flavor 1st make sure all your toppings are prepared and on a tray of some sort. Grease up your grill really well. Olive oil on a towel , and use tongs to apply. Or I just spritz with the spritzer.

Oli both sides of your dough. Do small personal size pizzas. Cook on low heat!

Cook on 1 side for just a few minutes then flip and add toppings. Close lid for a few minutes to get everything melty. YUMMMM!!!!!!

when I am using scratch crust, I parbake it in the oven and then transfer to the grill.or you can just use a Boboli or other already baked crust. Those work well too.

1. How do I make a barbeque pizza on the grill?

Making a barbeque pizza on the grill is easy! Start by preheating your grill to medium-high heat. Roll out your pizza dough and place it on a greased pizza stone or directly on the grill grates. Cook for a few minutes until the crust is slightly crisp. Then, add your desired toppings, including barbeque sauce, cheese, and any other toppings you like. Close the lid and let the pizza cook for a few more minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust is fully cooked. Enjoy your delicious barbeque pizza!

2. What type of grill is best for making barbeque pizza?

We recommend using a gas grill for making barbeque pizza, as it allows for better temperature control and even cooking. However, you can also use a charcoal grill if that is what you have available. Just make sure to keep a close eye on the pizza to prevent burning.

3. Can I use store-bought pizza dough for my barbeque pizza?

Yes, you can definitely use store-bought pizza dough for your barbeque pizza. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature before rolling it out and grilling it. Alternatively, you can make your own pizza dough using our easy homemade recipe.

4. What toppings go well on a barbeque pizza?

The possibilities are endless when it comes to barbeque pizza toppings! Some popular options include sliced chicken, red onions, bell peppers, pineapple, and cilantro. You can also add your favorite types of cheese, such as mozzarella, cheddar, or feta.

5. Can I make a vegetarian version of barbeque pizza?

Absolutely! You can make a delicious vegetarian barbeque pizza by using grilled vegetables as toppings. Some tasty options include sliced zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, and onions. You can also add some extra protein by using tofu or meat alternatives like veggie crumbles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefChris
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Hbachna
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef