• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling Pizza on a Gas Grill: A Holland Grill Recipe

If you're using a pan, you need to preheat it on the stove before you add the dough. Make sure to oil the pan well. If you're using a pan, you need to preheat it on the stove before you add the dough. Make sure to oil the pan well.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
Has anyone made a pizza on a gas grill. I have a host who wants us to cook a recipe on her Holland Grill. :)eek: I want to use cookware or stoneware but she is insisting!)

I did. We have a pan for our grill and my mom and I did it. It was good. But you have to do it to figure out the amount of time. Our grill has a thermostat on it. We put the dough in the pan. I would then put it on for about 2 minutes then put the sauce cheese and toppings on it and then put it back on for about 5-10 minutes. the only hard thing is that you don't want to open it too many times because of letting the heat out but you need to open it to check it. I know that this is not helpful but you just need to watch it.

Thanks Heidi but I don't want to use a pan that isn't PC. This is for a show.

PC has a recipe in which you place the crust right on the grate but it talks about indirect heat and charcoal.

Has anyone done it directly on the grates on a gas grill?

Sorry I misunderstood.

I have a gas grill, and I've used hosts gas grills as well - works just as well! Just make sure to oil the crust really well (there is this garlic infused canola oil that I know of that works really well!;))

jenniferknapp said:
I have a gas grill, and I've used hosts gas grills as well - works just as well! Just make sure to oil the crust really well (there is this garlic infused canola oil that I know of that works really well!;))
Thanks! Did you use any special settings - all burners set to medium? or...? Lid open or closed?

I have done the Grilled Italian Pizza several times on gas grills - it's actually much simpler to do.

I LOVE that recipe! I've tried to make it in the oven too - but it's best on the grill!

I am addicted to all pizzas on the grill!! Any toppings that you can think of....one of my hosts decided to make some fresh bruschetta for a topping, the salad choppers worked really well to make it!I do it at an even medium heat, lid closed for at least the 2nd half, to melt the cheese & toppings before the bottom "burns."

can someone tell me where this recipe is...we have been wanting to do it right on the grate rather than in a pan.

What do you prefer to use for the crust? What works well or doesn't work at all? Can you use the refrigerated pizza crusts?

Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crusts work really wel!!!Heidi,
Coat both sides of your dough with oil, and then throw it straight on the grill. When you start to see "bubbles" coming through to the top, the bottom is done - flip it over. Put your toppings on the cooked side....close the bbq lid, and let the bottom of the crust cook & the toppings melt..

Thank you very much I am so excited to try it this way.

And the best tip I have is to make smaller "personal size" pizzas....cut your dough! It is much easier to get them on the grill in a reasonably "pretty" shape...

jenniferknapp said:
And the best tip I have is to make smaller "personal size" pizzas....cut your dough! It is much easier to get them on the grill in a reasonably "pretty" shape...

OOOHHH good idea...I love all of the really clever people on this site.

BethCooks4U said:
What do you prefer to use for the crust? What works well or doesn't work at all? Can you use the refrigerated pizza crusts?
I like the Bobli Crust.....to me, that is the easiest to work with on the grill.

Jennifer, you can ignore my PM. I just read your post again and I got my answer.

Thanks! I can't wait to try it!

And guess what! :cry: My host wants to do fajitas instead!

But that's okay, I've been wanting to do this anyway!

One more question, when using the Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crusts - do you use just one and shape it or do you put two together?

Hello!

Haven't done these pizza's on the grill, but my sweet husband is a grill master and has taught me a few things.

The equivalent of "indirect grilling, or heat" on a gas grill is to place the food in the center with the burner below it OFF. Turn on the surrounding burners, and close the lid. (That way the other burners heat up the grill more like an oven than a skillet, if that makes more sense). My husband often uses this method for chicken wings, turkey on the grill, etc, because you don't have to flip. It takes longer, but is very yummy.

We tried it on our cheap Walmart gas grill. We completely burnt the crust w/in seconds of putting it on the grill. I really didn't give my dh any instructions. It was not a good night. The toppings were good but we couldn't eat the crust.

We made this last night and it was so good and quick. We burned the first batch but ate it anyway and it didn't taste as burnt as it looked. We all liked it and we didn't use the pan this time.

I have done pizzas directly on the grill YUM one of my faves!
For taste I like to use dough yes you need to oil it very well.

for ease a Boboli cust is best. This can be a great interactive show if you have most off the toppings prepared ahead and dough cut into smaller sizes. I havent done it this way yet but I have it all worked out in my head. I'm just too tired to type it all out right now!

1. Can I use any type of pizza dough for grilling on a gas grill?

Yes, you can use any type of pizza dough for grilling on a gas grill. However, it is recommended to use a thicker dough, such as a traditional or whole wheat dough, to prevent it from sticking to the grill grates.

2. Do I need any special tools or equipment for grilling pizza on a gas grill?

No, you do not need any special tools or equipment. A pizza stone or pizza pan can help with even cooking, but they are not necessary. A pizza peel or large spatula can also be helpful for transferring the pizza to and from the grill.

3. How long does it take to grill a pizza on a gas grill?

The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your pizza dough and the temperature of your grill. On average, it takes about 8-10 minutes for a pizza to cook on a gas grill.

4. Can I use any toppings for grilling pizza on a gas grill?

Yes, you can use any toppings you would like for grilling pizza on a gas grill. Just keep in mind that the toppings should be pre-cooked or able to cook quickly on the grill.

5. How do I prevent the pizza from sticking to the grill grates?

To prevent the pizza from sticking to the grill grates, you can lightly oil the grates before placing the pizza on them. You can also use a non-stick cooking spray or a piece of parchment paper between the pizza and the grates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • ChefChris
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Hbachna