• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy & Delicious Pizza Recipe for a Picky Teen Birthday Party | July Host

In summary, the host is looking for a pizza recipe and the guest thinks the 3 cheese garden pizza from the new consultant kit would be a good option.
AshleyAllison
I have a July host that has requested a pizza recipe at her Mother/Daughter show. She is doing this show instead of a traditional birthday party for her 16 year old daughter.

She was very straight-forward and told me they only eat organic, nothing cooked in the microwave, they have no grill, has to have a nutritional value, and she is very picky. I talked to her today & she said she'd like to do some sort of pizza since you can't really go wrong with teenagers & pizza.

I have never prepared anything organic and have no clue what to offer her. I know you guys will have plenty of suggestions.

What about the 3 cheese garden pizza from the new consultant kit? She is buying the ingredients so she can buy the veggies organic, etc. You can use a homemade pizza dough instead of the Pillsbury crusts.

Dont get hung up ln the organic part. Just find a recipe first. After that, nearly everything can be purchased Organic now. But if it were me, I would give that grocery list to the host!! Let her pay the higher prices for the oraganic products! I eat as much organic as we can also, and while the cost difference may be small sometimes, and their are lots to choose from these days, it can add up.

The garden veggie pizza comes to mind - it's an older recipe.I do agree, pick a couple pizzas to give the host an option and have her pick the ingredients she would make the recipe with.

a p chef party for her 16 year old daughter's birthday?? that's interesting...

Ask her what kind of pizza she'd fix for the crowd, then adapt it to a PC recipe and have her buy the ingredients since she'd know "organic" from "toxic".

I hope she doesn't think you are a caterer? Be sure you host coach her well and that the moms do come with their daughters and that they KNOW you will be there.

I did a pizza party for some friends one time, but I think it could work nicely for PC. We had premade pizza crusts (they can be baked before the party) and a ton of different ingredients and sauces on the table and everyone got to make their own. We could only fit three on my pizza pan (I think it's a little bigger than the stone), but they only had to be in the oven for ten minutes. That way everyone can get what they want. At my party there was a vegitarian (or however it's spelled), one person who only liked chicken and a couple people on diets, plus a handful of kids.

You could use the stone to bake the pizzas and the chopper or food processor to prep the veggies for the pizzas. We also had chicken as a topping, so you could show off the cookware with that.

doughmama said:
a p chef party for her 16 year old daughter's birthday?? that's interesting...

I agree. For a girl's (sweet) 16th birthday even. I wonder if the mom is just looking for a caterer?

Sorry, I tend to be cynical at times :rolleyes:

It does seem like an odd birthday party. I would also speak with her. Make sure that this is not drop the kid and go, that parents need to stay for the party to look at the catalog and that you are only making 1 pizza no matter how many people are there. She can supply extra food for everyone. Make sure she is clear that this is a sales party not a catered event.

I agree when she told me that she wanted to do it for her daughter's birthday I was surprised. She wants to do a mother/daughter themed show and she knows there's a sales minimum for it to qualify as a show & her to receive free products.

I really would have a conversation with her and ask how they normally make their pizzas and adapt it using PC tools. It shouldn't be overwhelming this way.

What are some pizza options for a picky host?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I get asked this question a lot. Some great pizza options for picky hosts include:

• Personalized pizzas: Let your guests make their own pizzas with their choice of toppings.
  • Vegetarian pizzas: Offer a variety of vegetable toppings such as mushrooms, peppers, and onions.
  • Meat lover's pizza: For those who love meat, offer a variety of options such as pepperoni, sausage, and bacon.
  • Gluten-free pizza: Consider using a gluten-free crust and offering gluten-free toppings for guests with dietary restrictions.
  • Fruit pizza: For a unique twist, offer a dessert pizza with a sweet crust and toppings like berries and chocolate.

How can I make pizza healthier for my picky guests?

If you have health-conscious guests, here are some tips for making pizza healthier:

• Use whole wheat crust instead of white crust.
  • Offer a variety of vegetable toppings and limit the amount of cheese.
  • Consider using leaner meats such as chicken or turkey instead of traditional pepperoni or sausage.
  • Offer a cauliflower crust option for a low-carb alternative.
  • Use fresh, homemade tomato sauce instead of store-bought sauce with added sugars.

What are some easy pizza recipes for a picky host?

If your host is short on time, here are some easy pizza recipes to consider:

• English Muffin Pizzas: Simply top split English muffins with sauce, cheese, and toppings of choice and bake until cheese is melted.
  • Tortilla Pizzas: Use tortillas as a crust and top with sauce, cheese, and desired toppings. Bake until cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy.
  • Pizza Quesadillas: Layer tortillas with sauce, cheese, and toppings, then fold in half and cook on a stovetop until cheese is melted.
  • Pizza Skewers: Thread skewers with pizza toppings like pepperoni, cheese, and veggies, then grill until cheese is melted.
  • Naan Pizza: Use naan bread as a crust and top with sauce, cheese, and toppings. Bake until cheese is melted and naan is crispy.

How can I accommodate guests with dietary restrictions at a pizza party?

Pizza parties can be tricky for guests with dietary restrictions, but here are some ways to accommodate them:

• Offer a variety of crust options such as regular, whole wheat, or cauliflower.
  • Have a selection of different sauces, including a dairy-free or vegan option.
  • Label the toppings so guests can easily identify which ones are vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free.
  • Consider making individual pizzas for each guest so they can customize their toppings.
  • Offer alternative toppings like grilled vegetables, avocado, or tofu for guests with dietary restrictions.

What are some fun pizza party activities for a picky host?

If you want to make your pizza party more interactive and fun, here are some ideas to consider:

• Pizza Tasting: Have guests blind taste different types of pizzas and guess the toppings.
  • Pizza Making Contest: Divide guests into teams and have them compete to make the most creative or delicious pizza.
  • Pizza Trivia: Test your guests' knowledge of pizza with a fun trivia game.
  • Pizza Art: Provide guests with different toppings and let them create their own pizza masterpieces.
  • Pizza Pairing: Have guests pair different types of pizzas with wine or beer and vote on their favorite combinations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • BethCooks4U
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies