• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointing Pizza Dip Recipe: My Experience & Tips | Tried & Tested

every show. I also made it at a show a couple of weeks ago and it was a hit. They liked the stone clean! I do use extra sauce than what it calls for. I hate to measure. Maybe that is why. I also serve it with bread that I make in the bread tube.Adding pepperoni is a GREAT idea....and maybe I'll use my own sauce instead of a can... I was also thinking it should be ricotta cheese instead of cream cheese. It tasted way too cream-cheesey to me not "pizza-like".I didn't like it either! We did add some pepperoni & honestly, all it did was make it greasy. :p
SusanBP0129
So, I made the Pizza Dip and I'm not sure why, but my husband & I were less than thrilled. It was okay - we ate it (LOL), but it was a bit bland to me.....
Could I have done something wrong? Anyone else not a fan??? :confused:

I like it but not love it like some of the others. I have made it once and have not made it again. Maybe is we added pepperoni or something to jazz it up. We also had some left over and when I reheated it, I did not like it all.

I didn't like it either! We did add some pepperoni & honestly, all it did was make it greasy. :p Maybe it's a mental thing..... You know, missing the crust so our minds were messing with us? :)

Glad I'm not alone!!
Adding pepperoni is a GREAT idea....and maybe I'll use my own sauce instead of a can... I was also thinking it should be ricotta cheese instead of cream cheese. It tasted way too cream-cheesey to me not "pizza-like".

crystalscookingnow said:
I didn't like it either! We did add some pepperoni & honestly, all it did was make it greasy. :p Maybe it's a mental thing..... You know, missing the crust so our minds were messing with us? :)

Oh well! LOL. So much for the pepperoni idea! :p

One of the reason I did not like it was b/c it was so greasy tasting. I wondered if it was the type sauce I used.

this thread made me laugh.... i just made the dip for my husband and i and it was the first pc thing that he didn't like! of course i think b/c it was the easiest :) but i'm glad were not alone

Really??I made this for every single show that I did in June, and everyone always loved it! I also made it at a show a couple of weeks ago and it was a hit. They liked the stone clean! I do use extra sauce than what it calls for. I hate to measure. Maybe that is why. I also serve it with bread that I make in the bread tube.

i made it with the bread tube as well.. that part i loved it was my first time using it and was happy with it, i just have to find another dip to make... the bread cooks for so long and really makes the house smell yummy so i think it would be great to have baking during a show

I'm surprised so many people don't like it! I love it! I made this at all of my September shows & it was gone. I also made it for my husband & me when we were watching a football game & then I heated up the rest the next day for lunch. I do like cream cheese-maybe that's the part that some people don't like? Maybe you could add more Italian seasoning or more Parmesan or something. The recipe also suggests topping with green pepper or black olives, so maybe that would help??

Hmm....I just made it for a show last weekend and everyone ate it up! I thought it was good too.

I added more Italian Seasoning than called for and the sauce I used was pretty good. I think that's key.

Did you add anything on top? I added black olives BEFORE I baked it. I like that a lot better than adding them afterwards.

I don't like it either. . .doesn't come close to Touch Down Taco Dip. THAT I like.

at recipie book is it in???

jenniferlynne said:
I made this for every single show that I did in June, and everyone always loved it! I also made it at a show a couple of weeks ago and it was a hit. They liked the stone clean! I do use extra sauce than what it calls for. I hate to measure. Maybe that is why. I also serve it with bread that I make in the bread tube.

I have made this MANY times at shows and it's always been a hit. I always add pepperoni (cause it doesn't feel like it should be called "Pizza" dip without pepperoni on top!!) If it's too bland, I'd just add more Italian seasoning to the cream cheese mixture.

This is always a hit at my shows too! That is so weird!!

I guess I just can't understand cream cheese in a pizza dip....know what I mean? I am thinking of trying it with ricotta cheese, but it will probably be too runny. Maybe mozzarella cheese.....??
I really want to like this dip! LOL

I make this for shows all the time! Like someone else said, the dish is always licked clean! Don't have the recipe in front of me, but it seems like I add garlic and Italian seasoning to the cream cheese mixture - not sure if it calls for that or not. I tried adding pepperoni to it a long time ago, and although I love pepperoni, I don't like it on this dip! It makes it too greasy (and there isn't any crust to soak up the grease!)

HA... I can't think DIP without thinking cream cheese or sour cream... sorry... just had a good laugh ... amazing how we can carry a subject into so many directions! Thank you all for sharing on this group... I can't tell you how many times I give you all credit for things... and thank God for you! have a Great Thursday night!!!!!!!!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
at recipie book is it in???

It's the Hot Pizza Dip in All the Best.

I made it at my September shows and was a huge hit too! I always put the green onion, black olives and green pepper on the top before I bake it. That adds a ton of flavor. Also, I use the ragu pizza sauce in the jar. Seems to be a little thicker and has more flavor.

Michelle- do people still eat it with the toppings? I don't put anything in mine because people are so picky about what toppings they want on pizza!

I made this for one of my September shows and it was a HUGE hit! I must have had the same guests as some of you all because they scraped my dish clean!!! I made it the day before my show to try it out on my husband and he loved it too. We used french bread with the dip and it did taste just like a pizza. I added the toppings after it as baked, but I do think that putting them on before you bake might be better.

I know what you mean about some people being really picky. I noticed that the people that were picky just scraped it off and chowed the rest of it. I made french baquettes with it. I cut the french bread about 1/4 inch thick and then took our canola basil blend oil and brushed that on the bread. Cooked it about 5-7 minutes. The baguettes are so crunchy and yummy with the dip.

Hot Pizza DipI do this recipe at tons of my shows and it always goes over well. I add one or two cloves of garlic to the cream cheese mixture, so I can demo the Garlic Press. I double the recipe and do it in the Deep Dish Baker. I bake a tube of the Soft Italian Breadsticks on the Large Bar Pan and cut them into 1" pieces, before baking. I chop green pepper and green onion for the toppings. I put the Deep Dish Baker on the bottom oven rack and the Large Bar Pan on the top rack and it works out great.

We LOVE the Chile Verde Dip! It is a few years old but a HUGE hit in my neighborhood!

My SIL is having a party on Tues and she requested this because she said that people still talk about it from last October's party!!

We love the pizza dip too!.. I always added garlic, extra Italian seasoning.. i am not sure where the dip calls for the it. seas. but i put it in each layer.. plus i used a can of diced tomatoes that were seasoned... garlic and onion or something? maybe italian style??? so we had chunky tomato pieces~ and instead of mozz. on top, i used a (bagged) comb. of mozz, asiago and parm.. lots of changes, maybe that is why it was so flavorful!
I never tried it the way it says in the cookbook.. oops

The pizza dip is my oldest sons favorite. In fact, he has been making it in his dorm on Sunday nights they go to Walmart after church take turns buying the ingredients and go back to his room to make it.

Last time he was home I sent him back with Italian seasoning from Sams because they make it so often. I
I add pepperoni on top of the pizza sauce. I also use the canned parmesan cheese & a clove of fresh garlic mixed in with the cream cheese. This is the only recipe we use the green can for I like the consistency better. FRESH grated goes on top with the mozzaella.
Since we live in Texas, we always serve it with Tostitos bite size tortilla chips.
Teresa

What are the ingredients for Pizza Dip - Not Thrilled!?

The ingredients for Pizza Dip - Not Thrilled! are 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of pizza sauce, 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of chopped pepperoni, and 1/4 cup of chopped green bell peppers.

Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer for this recipe. Some popular options include cheddar, provolone, and parmesan.

What can I serve with Pizza Dip - Not Thrilled!?

You can serve this dip with tortilla chips, crackers, breadsticks, or sliced vegetables. It also pairs well with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.

Can I make this dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dip ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just make sure to heat it up before serving.

Is this recipe customizable?

Absolutely! You can add your own favorite pizza toppings to this dip, such as olives, onions, or sausage. You can also adjust the amount of each ingredient to suit your taste preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • lt1jane
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • shelly.nurse