1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Pizza Crust

1. pampermeRai

pampermeRai Member

Besides the P.C. pizza crust mix, does anyone know of a really good, perfect- every-time, ready-made pizza crust? I have a big pizza party coming up and want to make a little less work for myself:) Thanks!

Apr 2, 2006
  2. Jennie_becca

Jennie_becca Novice Member

Jays

There is a recipe at Allrecipes.com called Jay's Pizza Crust. My family loves it and I make it in the bar pan. Hope that helps.

Apr 2, 2006
  3. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I always use the good old Pillsbury, have not had a problem yet.:D :D :D

Apr 2, 2006
  4. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

According to Giada on the Food Network your local pizzeria may sell the dough to you. I would go in and let them know who you are and what you're doing and ask them if they will sell some fresh dough to you. On her show she only pays about $3.00 a ball.

Apr 2, 2006
  5. Shari'sKitchen

Shari'sKitchen Member

I pay $2 per dough ball & get 2 thinner pizzas

6. amya

amya Member

One of my favorite pizza crusts is the Pillsbury Crescent Dough. Take 2 cans and pat them into the large bar pan and it makes a delicious crust. I like it better than the Pillsbury Pizza Crust.

Apr 2, 2006
  7. smarteez2

smarteez2 Advanced Member Gold Member

Hey there,
    How are you going to do your pizza party? I have one coming up and was thinking of doing individual pizzas for everyone and having the toppings in SA pieces with tools next to each one so the guest could use them and participate. I am kinda nervous though. Throw some ideas at me everyone :eek:)

Apr 2, 2006
  8. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

Pita Pizzas

I have done pizza shows using pitas as the crusts. They are so versatile and relatively inexpensive. The cool thing is that they work great for Grilled Pita Pizzas. Have a selection of toppings and let each person dress their own. Grill them for about 15 minutes with the cover closed or until they are just right for the "eater". They hold up really well on the grill as they do not fall apart.

Also, a great pizza that is really different and hot: Broccolli with walnuts!
    Two tubes crescent rolls rolled onto the bar pan. Brush with good olive oil. Add about one pound of broccolli cooked crisp/tender in the Rice Cooker.
    (Rinse broccolli and cut into smaller, bit sized pieces. Do not add any water, there is plenty on it from the rinsing! Nuke on high about 5 minutes. Let it sit about 5 more. That's it.) Then add 1/2 cup lightly toasted walnuts. Chop them with food chopper then use the small saute pan and toss them around with the Small Mix 'N Scraper until I can smell them. Use two to four Roma tomatoes. Core, then cut it into about 1/4 inch pieces. Add as much mozzarella as you want. Bake about 15 to 20 minutes at 425 or until the crust is golden. This is also great with a soft Assiago or even a Smoked Gouda. Then grate fresh parmesan over it.
    I like this one because of all the tools I can use!

Apr 4, 2006
  9. pampermeRai

pampermeRai Member

GREAT IDEA!

Apr 5, 2006
  10. pampermeRai

pampermeRai Member

Good idea, too! I will try that Thanks!

Apr 5, 2006
  11. ChefMommyinOC

ChefMommyinOC Member

T.J.'s

Trader Joe's has great dough for about the same price as Pillsbury. I always feel like a fool when I'm trying to roll square dough from Pillsbury into a circle. T.J.'s comes in a ball, so no problem!

12. pampermeRai

pampermeRai Member

One question - do you put the toppings on with the raw dough or bake the crust first and then top it later?

Apr 5, 2006
  13. pampermeRai

pampermeRai Member

Cool I think I will try that before the others Thanks!

Apr 5, 2006
  14. pampermeRai

pampermeRai Member

Thanks! I love allrecipes.com!

Apr 5, 2006
  15. Thanks for the tip about Trader Joe's! I have the worse luck trying to unroll the Pillsbury pizza dough. I was making pizza for the family and it took forever to get it flattened out. Glad I wasn't doing a demo! What an embarassment.

Apr 10, 2006
  16. kinklan4

kinklan4 Silver Member

Individual pizza's are a cute idea. However I personally wouldn't attempt it. If you have a large crowd, oven space and cooking time may be a factor. Everyone will be eating at different times or waiting for their pizza to come out of the oven. I would make one or two pizza's with different toppings and cook them together.

Now if you want to have a "make your own" party, Ice cream is the way to go! Set up an ice cream sundie bar in all your SI pieces. The reward is immediate and so yummy!! :D

Apr 11, 2006
Have something to add?