• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pizza Crust and Stone Help Needed!

In summary, here are some tips for using pre-made pizza dough that comes in a bag: let the dough come to room temperature, use a light dusting of flour, roll out the dough on a floured surface, consider using a pizza screen or parchment paper, and preheat your oven and stone. These tips will help prevent the dough from sticking to the stone and create a delicious pizza. Happy cooking!
chefjaclyn
Hello!!
I have a customer who made pizza the other night. He says that the crust and stone became one. What are your tips for pre-made dough that comes in a bag. (Like at Wegmans or Giant Eagle)
Thanks!

If the stone isn't seasoned, be sure to brush some oil on it first. You can also use some corn meal.

It's brand new and I bet you that was the problem. He had used cornmeal the time before and the dough kept shrinking on him. Like would flatten it out and it would go back together. I will have to let him know that.

I find that sometimes pizza dough tends to shrink back when you are stretching it. You need to work the dough to get it more relaxed & stretchy and give it a little time to get used to the stretched position. If the pan is too oily, it can also not stay in place as you are stretching it to fit the pan, too.

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that your customer had trouble with their pizza crust and stone becoming one. Here are some tips for using pre-made dough that comes in a bag:1. Let the dough come to room temperature before using it. This will make it easier to work with and prevent it from sticking to the stone.2. Use a light dusting of flour on the stone before placing the dough on it. This will create a barrier between the dough and the stone, preventing them from sticking together.3. Roll out the dough on a floured surface before placing it on the stone. This will help prevent the dough from becoming too thin and sticking to the stone.4. Consider using a pizza screen or parchment paper on the stone before placing the dough on it. This will also create a barrier between the dough and the stone.5. Preheat your oven and stone before placing the pizza on it. This will help ensure that the crust cooks evenly and doesn't stick to the stone.I hope these tips help! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

1. What type of flour should I use for the pizza crust?

The best flour to use for pizza crust is bread flour. It has a higher protein content which helps create a chewy and crispy crust.

2. How do I prevent my pizza crust from sticking to the stone?

Before placing the dough on the stone, sprinkle cornmeal or flour on the surface. This will create a barrier between the dough and the stone, preventing it from sticking.

3. Can I use a Pampered Chef pizza stone on the grill?

Yes, our pizza stones are safe to use on the grill as long as it is not in direct contact with flames. Make sure to preheat the stone before placing the pizza on it.

4. How do I clean my pizza stone?

Allow the stone to cool completely before cleaning. Use a scraper or brush to remove any leftover food. Do not use soap on the stone as it can absorb into the pores and affect the taste of your pizza. Instead, use warm water and a stiff brush to clean the stone. Let it dry completely before storing.

5. Can I use the pizza stone for other foods besides pizza?

Yes, our pizza stone can be used for a variety of foods such as bread, cookies, and even roasted vegetables. Just make sure to preheat the stone before using and adjust cooking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • DebbieJ
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies