• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mix n Chop: On Back Order - Estimated Delivery April 13th :eek:

In summary, the pineapple wedger is a great way to avoid wasting any pineapple. You can use the kernel cutter to get the extra off the skin part that is there when you use the pineapple wedger. You really don't waste much when you take this extra step. I have been cross selling both.
pkd09
Silver Member
is on Back Order! I think we have another Mix n Chop! Back order isn't long...estimated delivery 4/13:eek:

pkd09 said:
is on Back Order! I think we have another Mix n Chop! Back order isn't long...estimated delivery 4/13:eek:

I was really hesitant to like it, but I really do love it. When we show it and get excited, people will love it too! :chef:

Has anyone shown this and had people comment that it wastes alot of pineapple? It seems like every time I show it someone(or many) comment that it wastes alot of pineapple. What would you say?

cincychef said:
Has anyone shown this and had people comment that it wastes alot of pineapple? It seems like every time I show it someone(or many) comment that it wastes alot of pineapple. What would you say?

I would say that there are all pineapples are of differing sizes and that's going to determine how much "scrap" there is. Even tho it seems like there's waste, the wedger eliminates those little brown holes that have some rind in it, it only leaves fresh, perfect pineapple pieces/slices.

Sure, you can hand cut the pineapple yourself and take 8 minutes, or use the wedger and the job's done in 2 minutes.

My husband and I had this exact conversation when we tried the wedger out and I said I would have to figure out something to say when someone mentions they think there's a lot of wasted pineapple. ;)

cincychef said:

You can use the kernel cutter to get the extra off the skin part that is there when you use the pineapple wedger. You really don't waste much when you take this extra step. I have been cross selling both.

pamperedharriet said:
You can use the kernel cutter to get the extra off the skin part that is there when you use the pineapple wedger. You really don't waste much when you take this extra step. I have been cross selling both.

NICE! Would have never thought of that. :)

How many sales have you lost when it's been demonstrated at your show?

Not my favorite product -- and it wasn't my idea to demo it, the neighbor ran home to pick up a pineapple from her house. I do share helpful hints for those who are interested in purchasing but it's not one that I'm going to go out of my way to promote. I think there will be lots of people disappointed when they get it home.

None of the people who have bought from me have been disappointed. Someone did a neat Pineapple Wedger Hints thing too. I'll attach it here but whoever did it originally did a great job! I think I changed the font so it would fit on one page.

Attachments

• Pineapple Wedger Tips.doc
    431 KB · Views: 475
pamperedharriet said:

You can also use the Core and More, thus resulting in fresh crushed pineapple! I cross sell these alot!

My customers have been really loving the wedger. We use it almost every 3 days b/c we are eating that much fresh pineapple now. I think the tips are great & also make sure that any customer who purchases the wedger knows to use it on a lower surface than their countertop, especially if they are 'vertically challenged'. :)

I only have people raving about it. One of my hostesses got it for free and used it, now today she's raving about it on her facebook page!

Everyone that I've sold it to loves it. I use the kernal cutter at shows to show them how to save that "waste" too just like Harriet mentioned. I have sold 16 already and I just love that thing!

Harriet, Thanks for the tip on the kernal cutter. I did not think of that. I had already been telling everyone that pineapples come in many sizes, but showing people how to avoid the waste is great too.

I sold 6 at my last show..I love it....I am sure they will too...

cincychef said:
Harriet, Thanks for the tip on the kernal cutter. I did not think of that. I had already been telling everyone that pineapples come in many sizes, but showing people how to avoid the waste is great too.

Thanks, but I got the tip from someone else (can't remember who at the moment).

I just love how we all help each other!

aalbert said:
You can also use the Core and More, thus resulting in fresh crushed pineapple! I cross sell these alot!

another great idea!

chefjeanine said:
How many sales have you lost when it's been demonstrated at your show?

Not my favorite product -- and it wasn't my idea to demo it, the neighbor ran home to pick up a pineapple from her house. I do share helpful hints for those who are interested in purchasing but it's not one that I'm going to go out of my way to promote. I think there will be lots of people disappointed when they get it home.

I used to think this way but now I love the Pineapple wedger. I just wasn't rocking it enough when I started it and now that I use the cover to release it it works like a charm. I do cut it in half so it is easier and this way I can do one at a show and let someone else try it as well.

D Levad said:
I used to think this way but now I love the Pineapple wedger. I just wasn't rocking it enough when I started it and now that I use the cover to release it it works like a charm. I do cut it in half so it is easier and this way I can do one at a show and let someone else try it as well.

It's not really a matter of just thinking that way, it's what happened at a show. :)

I do them all the helpful hints I've learned, and one I came up with on my own, so that they can have success when they get their wedger home.

My helpful hint? Use a permanent marker to make a line across the part of the cover that doesn't stick up at all. This helps you find where to set the pineapple down when you are using the cover to complete your wedging so you don't cut off or into the raised plastic area.

I'm wondering if they are on back order while we clear up a quality control issue..
I've had 2 break and know of other consultants whose have broken
I'm still selling lots of them but a little worried about the returns customers may be making

I love this product. I love it even more now that someone posted how to get the pineapple all the way through the cutter. Use the protective cover to push it the rest of the way through. No cut fingers. Fresh pineapple is soooo much better than canned and buying a whole pineapple is sooo much cheaper than buying it already cut from the grocery store. Demo this at your shows. You also get to show off our terrific knives because you hav to cut the top and bottom off the pineapple and cut the pineapple in half. With our forged cuttlery, it is effortless.

Paula :chef:

I sold 7 of these puppies today at my show - out of 11 guests (one girl already bought one)! I've been selling them well by just talking about them, but it REALLY pays to demonstrate - I showed how to cut the top/bottom off, use the wedger, push the bottom with the cover, used the Apple Wedger to wedge the 2 half-moon sections of pineapple then cut them into chunks (with the Santoku of course!) and then used the kernel cutter to get the rest of the meat off of the peel. Thanks for all the great tips, fellow cheffers! I sold some apple wedgers and kernel cutters, too! ;)

1. What is the Mix n Chop tool used for?

The Mix n Chop is a kitchen tool designed for chopping and blending ingredients directly in a pan or bowl. It is perfect for breaking up ground meat, mashing potatoes, and mixing batters and sauces.

2. When will the Mix n Chop be back in stock?

As of now, the Mix n Chop is on back order and is expected to be back in stock on April 13th. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

3. Can I still place an order for the Mix n Chop even though it is on back order?

Yes, you can still place an order for the Mix n Chop. However, please note that it will not be shipped until it is back in stock on April 13th.

4. Is the Mix n Chop dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Mix n Chop is dishwasher safe. We recommend placing it on the top rack for best results.

5. Can I use the Mix n Chop on non-stick cookware?

Yes, the Mix n Chop is safe to use on all types of cookware, including non-stick. Its nylon blades are heat-resistant and won't scratch your cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Christine Moore
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • AmyDare
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
AldeaY