• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Review: Pineapple Wedger - A Vertical Challenge for Short Users

In summary, the pineapple wedger is harder to use if you are vertically challenged, but the end result is great.
D Levad said:
Our store will cut the pineapple for you in the deli...

The stores in my area do this too, and at no additional charge. It's the main reason I can't work up any enthusiasm for this product.

The first time I used this I cut the CRAP out of my thumb -- I mean completely across it, and almost bad enough to warrant a trip to the er. My pineapple was not quite ripe though. (I VERY stupidly tried to push the pineapple through at the end, not realizing the blades on the two circle weren't lined up.) The second time was a little easier, but I thought it wasted a lot of the fruit as well -- I cut a bunch off the skin. So far, I'm not impressed, and I was so excited about this product! By the way, I am 5 10, so, tallness is not an issue here!

Making sure the fruit is ripe is the first instruction, as far as I'm concerned. I've been telling everyone about using the Kernel Cutter to shave any remaining pineapple from the peel.I figure that not every product speaks to everyone. That's fine. Just read some of the Love It/Hate It threads here. The very same products that one person says they don't want, need, or see the purpose of is the very same product that someone else can't live without.My rule for the products that don't speak to me is to make sure I'm informed about them so I can answer questions. If someone asks, I tell them that it doesn't suit my style (or taste, if it's consumable), the outline the features. It's not my job to love everything. It's just my job to show and tell.

Good point, Rae! And, that is usually my response when I don't like something. I'm just disappointed because this was the thing I was most excited about, and now that I've used it, it's not what I wanted! Right now I am just telling people to be careful. I haven't totally written it off yet. I did like it much more the second time -- with well-ripened fruit. And, I think the tip about using the cover to push it through will help quite a bit!

<h2>1. Can the pineapple wedger be difficult to use for shorter individuals?</h2><p>Yes, the pineapple wedger may be more challenging for shorter individuals due to the need for leverage. However, cutting the pineapple in half and using the wedger on each half can make it easier.</p><h2>2. Is it necessary to cut the pineapple in half before using the wedger?</h2><p>Cutting the pineapple in half is not necessary but can make it easier for shorter individuals to use the wedger. It may also result in more even and consistent pineapple chunks.</p><h2>3. How does the end result of the pineapple wedger compare to cutting it by hand?</h2><p>The end result of using the pineapple wedger is typically more consistent and uniform pineapple chunks compared to cutting it by hand. It also saves time and effort.</p><h2>4. Are there any tips for using the pineapple wedger for shorter individuals?</h2><p>Aside from cutting the pineapple in half, shorter individuals may find it helpful to stand on a stool or use a sturdy surface for added leverage when using the wedger.</p><h2>5. Can the pineapple wedger be used for other fruits?</h2><p>While it is designed specifically for pineapples, the wedger can also be used for other fruits such as melons or peaches. However, the size and shape of the fruit may affect the ease of use.</p>

1. Can the pineapple wedger be difficult to use for shorter individuals?

Yes, the pineapple wedger may be more challenging for shorter individuals due to the need for leverage. However, cutting the pineapple in half and using the wedger on each half can make it easier.

2. Is it necessary to cut the pineapple in half before using the wedger?

Cutting the pineapple in half is not necessary but can make it easier for shorter individuals to use the wedger. It may also result in more even and consistent pineapple chunks.

3. How does the end result of the pineapple wedger compare to cutting it by hand?

The end result of using the pineapple wedger is typically more consistent and uniform pineapple chunks compared to cutting it by hand. It also saves time and effort.

4. Are there any tips for using the pineapple wedger for shorter individuals?

Aside from cutting the pineapple in half, shorter individuals may find it helpful to stand on a stool or use a sturdy surface for added leverage when using the wedger.

5. Can the pineapple wedger be used for other fruits?

While it is designed specifically for pineapples, the wedger can also be used for other fruits such as melons or peaches. However, the size and shape of the fruit may affect the ease of use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• magentablue
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • chefheidi2003
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • heat123