• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Normal for the Cover of a Pineapple Wedger to Be Loose?

In summary, a pineapple wedger is a kitchen tool used for cutting and coring pineapples. It has a circular blade that removes the core and creates perfectly shaped wedges. To use it, the top of the pineapple is cut off, the wedger is aligned with the core, twisted to remove it, and pushed down again to create the wedges. It can also be used on other fruits, but the size and shape of the wedges may vary. Most pineapple wedgers are dishwasher safe, but it's recommended to check the instructions first. The skin of the pineapple should be removed before using the wedger, as it is only designed to cut through the fruit.
suzipooh
Gold Member
I just got one, and the protective cover does not fit on as snugly as the cover for the apple wedger,..is that the way it's supposed to be?
PA wedger cover doesn't stay on at all!

Thanks!
Suz

It should fit. Mine was loose and before I knew it wasn't dishwasher safe, I put it in. It now fits more snuggly. I would give it a try.

It's NOT dishwasher safe? Oops. Mine does fit better since I ran it through the dishwasher.

HO said to run it through the dishwasher to tighten it. That is, run the lid through the DW.

Mine didn't stay on at all. I put it through the dishwasher one time and now it fits well.

If you don't have a dishwasher, put it in boiling water. I did this with my chopper lid, and it fits nicely again!

oops! sorry the lid is dishwasher safe. Spreading rumors again.

Thanks so much ya'll

cookin to the top said:
If you don't have a dishwasher, put it in boiling water. I did this with my chopper lid, and it fits nicely again!

I will try this tomorrow because my chopper lid has become very loose. Thank you for the idea :)

What is a pineapple wedger?

A pineapple wedger is a kitchen tool designed specifically for cutting and coring pineapples. It has a sharp, circular blade that is used to slice through the fruit and remove the core, leaving behind perfectly shaped pineapple wedges.

How do I use a pineapple wedger?

To use a pineapple wedger, first cut off the top of the pineapple and place it on a flat surface. Then, align the center of the wedger with the core of the pineapple and push down firmly. Twist the wedger to remove the core and pull it out. Finally, push down on the wedger again to create pineapple wedges.

Can a pineapple wedger be used on other fruits?

While a pineapple wedger is specifically designed for pineapples, it can also be used on other fruits such as apples or pears. However, the size and shape of the wedges may vary depending on the fruit being used.

Is a pineapple wedger dishwasher safe?

Yes, most pineapple wedgers are dishwasher safe. However, it is always recommended to check the product's instructions before placing it in the dishwasher to ensure proper care and maintenance.

Do I need to remove the skin of the pineapple before using a wedger?

Yes, the skin of the pineapple should be removed before using a wedger. The wedger is designed to only cut through the fruit and not the tough outer skin. You can use a knife or a pineapple peeler to remove the skin before using the wedger.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • pcmomof2angels
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom