• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Pineapple Upside-Down Cake in the Rockcrok

In summary, the conversation was about a person who needed help finding a recipe for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. They had made the cake before, but couldn't find the recipe. Another person shared the recipe link and the correct ingredients and instructions were listed. There was also a discussion about whether to use pineapple rings or tidbits for the cake. It was mentioned that tidbits work just as well and give the cake a unique look.
raebates
Staff member
Help! Please! I made the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake in the RockCrok the other day.* Now I can't find the recipe. Can anyone share it with me? I remember the ingredients but not the amounts.

Thanks in advance!

*I completely screwed up the recipe. Used the wrong size cake mix. :grumpy: Very eggy. Edible, but not a cake.

It's on the RockCrok sheet: https://new.pamperedchef.com/iceberg/media/pdf/private/p5652-072013uscne-sellsheet-rockcrok.pdf

Quick Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
1⁄4 cup (50 mL) butter (1⁄2 stick), cut into small pieces
1⁄3 cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar
7 canned pineapple slices
7 maraschino cherries without stems
1 pkg (15.25–16.5 oz or 460 g) yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup (250 mL) water
1⁄3 cup (75 mL) vegetable oil
1. Melt butter and brown sugar in RockcrokTM (2.5-qt./2.35-L) Everyday Pan or RockcrokTM (4-qt./3.8-L) Dutch Oven over medium heat 1–2 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble, stirring occasionally.
2. Arrange pineapple slices in pan; place cherries in centers of slices.
3. Prepare cake mix according to package directions in Classic Batter
Bowl. Slowly pour batter over pineapple.
4. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 8–10 minutes or until center is firm
and springs back when pressed.
5. Remove pan from microwave. Immediately invert cake onto Large
Grooved Cutting Board or serving platter.
Serves 12
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 330, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 310 mg,Carbohydrate 44 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g

Thanks! :love:

Can you used tidbits for this?

Sure, but the classic is rings. You want the pineapple to stay on the 'outside' of the cake - tidbits would likely get mixed in with the batter, and you end up with pineapple inside-out cake or something.

scottcooks said:
Sure, but the classic is rings. You want the pineapple to stay on the 'outside' of the cake - tidbits would likely get mixed in with the batter, and you end up with pineapple inside-out cake or something.
The tidbits would probably stay put, but you wouldn't have the distinctive look of the rings.

Tidbits work fine and every time I use them folks like the fact that is so much pineapple all over the cake - and they stay on the surface just like the rings. Not so hard to cut either because you don't have to cut through the rings.

1. How do I prepare the Rockcrok for the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake?

To prepare the Rockcrok for the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake, lightly grease the inside of the Rockcrok with butter or cooking spray. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the sides and make for easy removal after baking.

2. Can I use canned pineapple for this recipe?

Yes, you can use canned pineapple for this recipe. Simply drain the pineapple slices and pat them dry with a paper towel before arranging them in the bottom of the Rockcrok.

3. How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the Rockcrok?

In addition to greasing the Rockcrok, you can also line the bottom with parchment paper. This will ensure the cake doesn't stick to the bottom and can easily be removed after baking.

4. Can I substitute the pineapple for another fruit?

Absolutely! Pineapple Upside-Down Cake can also be made with peaches, apples, or cherries. Simply follow the same steps for preparing the fruit and arranging it in the Rockcrok.

5. How long does the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake take to bake in the Rockcrok?

The baking time for the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake in the Rockcrok is approximately 45-50 minutes. However, it's always best to check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake and making sure it comes out clean.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SPAMSTIME
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SPAMSTIME
  • ajnewchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ajnewchef
  • AJPratt