1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Pineapple salsa w/o jalepeno?

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I could've sworn I picked up 2 jalepenos when I went shopping, now I just can't find them anywhere in my fridge. Arggh! I was all set to make the pineapple salsa, now I'm wondering if it's going to be any good w/o the jalepenos?

Apr 28, 2009
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

It will be good, just won't have a kick.

Apr 28, 2009
  3. babywings76

should I sprinkle a little seasoning of some kind instead?

Apr 28, 2009
  4. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

I wouldn't add any other seasoning.....like wadesgirl said, it'll be missing that little kick, but you really can't go wrong with this stuff!!

Apr 28, 2009
  5. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

The jalapeno only adds heat, not really any flavor.

Apr 28, 2009
  6. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I don't think it would be very good without the pepper. You will be lacking the flavor that is essential to salsa!

Apr 28, 2009
  7. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Because I wouldn't store my jalapenos in the refrigerator, I'm wondering if you have a vegetable/fruit bowl on the counter where you might have stuck them. Or, since they're small, if you weren't using the PC shopping bags, they may have been thrown out (that's happened at my house!).

So, did you make the salsa without the peppers? If so, what did you think?

Apr 28, 2009
  8. babywings76

I went ahead and made it anyway. It was still good, but didn't have the same heat. The red onion at least still gives it a little bite, so it was fine. We ate it over our chicken breasts last night. Pretty good like that. My DH was just wondering why it wasn't more pulverized and juicy like regular salsa. I liked it the consistency it was.

Apr 29, 2009
  9. PamperedK

PamperedK Veteran Member Silver Member

Good idea with the chicken! I wonder if you could make it a bit more "juicy" for meats and such. I love this salsa but SO does not like pineapple.

Apr 29, 2009
Have something to add?