• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Pineapple Salsa Without Jalepeno?

In summary, the jalepenos were essential to the flavor of the salsa, and without them it would not be as good. The salsa will still be good, just not as flavorful.
babywings76
Gold Member
I could've sworn I picked up 2 jalepenos when I went shopping, now I just can't find them anywhere in my fridge. Arggh! I was all set to make the pineapple salsa, now I'm wondering if it's going to be any good w/o the jalepenos?

It will be good, just won't have a kick.

should I sprinkle a little seasoning of some kind instead?

I wouldn't add any other seasoning.....like wadesgirl said, it'll be missing that little kick, but you really can't go wrong with this stuff!!

The jalapeno only adds heat, not really any flavor.

I don't think it would be very good without the pepper. You will be lacking the flavor that is essential to salsa!

Because I wouldn't store my jalapenos in the refrigerator, I'm wondering if you have a vegetable/fruit bowl on the counter where you might have stuck them. Or, since they're small, if you weren't using the PC shopping bags, they may have been thrown out (that's happened at my house!).

So, did you make the salsa without the peppers? If so, what did you think?

I went ahead and made it anyway. It was still good, but didn't have the same heat. The red onion at least still gives it a little bite, so it was fine. We ate it over our chicken breasts last night. Pretty good like that. My DH was just wondering why it wasn't more pulverized and juicy like regular salsa. I liked it the consistency it was.

babywings76 said:
I went ahead and made it anyway. It was still good, but didn't have the same heat. The red onion at least still gives it a little bite, so it was fine. We ate it over our chicken breasts last night. Pretty good like that. My DH was just wondering why it wasn't more pulverized and juicy like regular salsa. I liked it the consistency it was.

Good idea with the chicken! I wonder if you could make it a bit more "juicy" for meats and such. I love this salsa but SO does not like pineapple.

1. Can I make this pineapple salsa without using jalapeno peppers?

Yes, this recipe for pineapple salsa can easily be made without jalapeno peppers. Instead, you can add in a milder pepper, such as bell peppers, or omit the peppers altogether for a less spicy version.

2. How long will this pineapple salsa last in the fridge?

If stored in an airtight container, this pineapple salsa can last for up to 3-4 days in the fridge. However, for the best taste and texture, it is recommended to consume it within 1-2 days.

3. Can I use canned pineapple instead of fresh?

Yes, canned pineapple can be used in this recipe for pineapple salsa. Just make sure to drain it well before adding it to the other ingredients.

4. Is this pineapple salsa gluten-free?

Yes, this pineapple salsa is gluten-free as it does not contain any gluten-containing ingredients. However, always double check the ingredients of any store-bought products you may use in the recipe to ensure they are also gluten-free.

5. What are some ways I can use this pineapple salsa?

This pineapple salsa is versatile and can be used in various ways. It can be served as a dip with chips, as a topping for tacos or grilled meats, or even as a side dish. You can also get creative and use it as a topping for burgers or sandwiches.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
otisbg