• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Pineapple Angel Food Cake Recipe - Only 2 WW Points!

I'm not SURE if that's the serving size or not!)That's it - it couldn't be easier! And I think it's 20 pieces for 2 points (but I'm not SURE -...I'm not SURE if that's the serving size or not!)
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
Here's another easy recipe:

Combine a package of angel Food cake mix (dry) and 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple. Put in prepared Rectangle Baker and bake at 375 for 25 minutes. No frosting needed (but you can sprinkle with powdered sugar if you like). One serving is 2 Weight Watchers points.

Thanks for sharing Beth. My DH and I love pineapple. I also love the quick and easy recipes.:)

You can also do this as a Skillet Cake, and use some fresh strawberries and Cool Whip to make it pretty! (Put a round sheet of parchment in the bottom of the skillet...)

BethCooks4U said:
Here's another easy recipe:

Combine a package of angel Food cake mix (dry) and 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple. Put in prepared Rectangle Baker and bake at 375 for 25 minutes. No frosting needed (but you can sprinkle with powdered sugar if you like). One serving is 2 Weight Watchers points.

Drain it or use the juice also? TIA.....;)

Ginger428 said:
Drain it or use the juice also? TIA.....;)
Definitely use the juice - it's the only liquid in the recipe.;)

ChefBeckyD said:
You can also do this as a Skillet Cake, and use some fresh strawberries and Cool Whip to make it pretty! (Put a round sheet of parchment in the bottom of the skillet...)
Ohhh... I hadn't thought of that! Good idea.

BethCooks4U said:
Definitely use the juice - it's the only liquid in the recipe.;)

DUH!!! Thanks!!:cool:

Yum! That sounds so good and light and refreshing for the summer months (well except about the using the oven bit ;))

GourmetGirl said:
Yum! That sounds so good and light and refreshing for the summer months (well except about the using the oven bit ;))
Well, if you made it as soon as you got to the house it would be just finishing when the guests arrive. There's not much to demo with this recipe - just a "here's something quick and easy" so waiting to put it together isn't really necessary.

BethCooks4U said:
Well, if you made it as soon as you got to the house it would be just finishing when the guests arrive. There's not much to demo with this recipe - just a "here's something quick and easy" so waiting to put it together isn't really necessary.

Sounded so good - I made it for dessert for tonight!

Actually - for the demo - I would probably use the fruit part of the Angel Almond Skillet Cake recipe for a topping......then you could slice strawberries and squeeze a lemon, and grate some rind, and use the family skillet and SS bowl and a whisk and a batter bowl (for the fruit) and the SA round platter and the bread knife for slicing, and the EAD for Whipped Cream.......Oh - and a can opener to open the pineapple, and a mix n scraper to scrape the batter into the skillet!:D I can turn just about anything into a demo!

That does sound good. I'll have to try it!

ChefBeckyD said:
Sounded so good - I made it for dessert for tonight!

Actually - for the demo - I would probably use the fruit part of the Angel Almond Skillet Cake recipe for a topping......then you could slice strawberries and squeeze a lemon, and grate some rind, and use the family skillet and SS bowl and a whisk and a batter bowl (for the fruit) and the SA round platter and the bread knife for slicing, and the EAD for Whipped Cream.......Oh - and a can opener to open the pineapple, and a mix n scraper to scrape the batter into the skillet!:D I can turn just about anything into a demo!
Absolutely! It's all about the garnish.:cool:

My aunt just made it for a dinner we had last week and it was sooo good! I love Angelfood cake by itself but with the pineapple it was soo much better and she added whipped cream and strawberries with it, yummmms!

I made this for my Biggest Loser club, and it was a big hit. The question that came up was how big is a serving size? I cut it into 20 pieces, is that about right? Even the kids loved it, btw!

I know this is going to sound redundant but I just mix the dry cake mix with the can of pineapples with juice and nothing else? That is just so simple that it sounded like I had to be misunderstanding! ha!

jrstephens said:
I know this is going to sound redundant but I just mix the dry cake mix with the can of pineapples with juice and nothing else? That is just so simple that it sounded like I had to be misunderstanding! ha!
That's it - it couldn't be easier! And I think it's 20 pieces for 2 points (but I'm not SURE - maybe it was 24??:confused: ). Sorry I'm not more help with that part!

Thanks Beth! I have been offering free desserts this summer and this sounds like a good one.

Yes, that's it! It is really moist and good, I promise! When I was done mixing, getting ready to wash the bowl, I went to lick the spoon. BIG mistake - it was just nasty! I was very nervous about how it would turn out after that, lol. But lo and behold it was really good! :D

Angel food cake batter is not as good raw as regular cake batter.good thing it gets yummy as it cooks

Ok, leave it to me to add some extra calories to a "good" thing.

Do you think you could make the cake in the new torte pan. Then put vanilla pudding mixed with cool whip topped with bananas & strawberries, top with other torte cake more vanilla pudding top with cool whip. Garnish with marachino cherries, chopped peanuts and drizzle of chocolate.

A banana split torte? Does this sound good to anyone else?

oooooooo..................I'm wiping the drool off my keyboard.

Will the angel food cake cook properly in a torte pan? I could be wrong, I think it is over 15 years since I last made an angel food cake.

I don't know but I think I may just try this. I'll let you all know how it turns out. I may add extra crushed pinapple to the bottom layer too!:p

Has anyone tried this with any other fruit? Just wondering for variety what all you have tried and how it turned out.

Karen Hodge said:
Ok, leave it to me to add some extra calories to a "good" thing.

Do you think you could make the cake in the new torte pan. Then put vanilla pudding mixed with cool whip topped with bananas & strawberries, top with other torte cake more vanilla pudding top with cool whip. Garnish with marachino cherries, chopped peanuts and drizzle of chocolate.

A banana split torte? Does this sound good to anyone else?
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....

We could make this version for a show and say if you are on a diet you could...

No better yet. Make the simple version at a show to show how easy and diet friendly and good it is and then tell them about this version...

Can you bake this in the Rockcrok Dutch oven?

1. What ingredients are needed to make Pineapple Angel Food Cake?

The ingredients needed for Pineapple Angel Food Cake include angel food cake mix, canned crushed pineapple, and water.

2. Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned for this recipe?

Yes, you can use fresh pineapple instead of canned. However, it is important to make sure the pineapple is well-drained and chopped into small pieces before adding it to the cake mix.

3. Do I need to grease the pan before baking the Pineapple Angel Food Cake?

No, you do not need to grease the pan for this cake. The angel food cake mix already contains oil, which will prevent the cake from sticking to the pan.

4. How long does it take to bake Pineapple Angel Food Cake?

The baking time for this cake is approximately 35-40 minutes. However, it is important to check the cake with a toothpick to ensure it is fully cooked before removing it from the oven.

5. Can I add any other ingredients to the Pineapple Angel Food Cake?

Yes, you can add other ingredients such as shredded coconut or chopped nuts to the cake mix for added flavor and texture. Just make sure to mix them in gently before pouring the batter into the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SPAMSTIME
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SPAMSTIME
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
Replies