• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Have a Stovetop Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe?

In summary, this recipe is for a chocolate pineapple upside down cake that is done on the stovetop. The ingredients include butter, brown sugar, pineapple, cherries, chocolate cake mix, cinnamon, eggs, and rum extract. The cake is cooked on medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until the batter bubbles around the edges of the pan. The cake can be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and toasted coconut.
mrssyvo
I am looking for a recipe for Pineapple Updside Down cake, that is done on the stovetop- Does anyone have one? It is a PC recipe

I'm pretty sure it was in a past Spanish language SB - but don't know which one.

Is this the recipe you're looking for?Stovetop Chocolate Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
Pampered Chef Recipes Stovetop Chocolate Pineapple Upside Down Cake1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices
4 maraschino cherries, drained and halved
2 packages (9 ounces each) chocolate cake mix
1 1/2 tablespoons Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
2 eggs
1 teaspoon rum extract
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted (optional)Melt butter in Large (10-inch) Skillet over low heat. Stir in brown sugar until well blended using Bamboo Spoon. Remove skillet from heat; cool on Stackable Cooling Rack.Meanwhile, drain pineapple slices in small colander of 4-Piece Colander & Bowl Set; reserve juice in small bowl. Arrange 8 pineapple slices over sugar mixture. Place a cherry half in the center of each pineapple slice.Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Combine cake mix, cinnamon, liquid, eggs and extract. Whisk with Stainless Steel Whisk until well blended. Gently pour over fruit in skillet.Place cover on top of skillet. Place skillet over medium heat. Cook 8-10 minutes or until batter bubbles around edges of skillet. Reduce temperature to low. Cook 20-30 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove skillet from heat. Carefully loosen edge of cake; invert onto heat-safe serving plate. Cool slightly.If desired, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream using Ice Cream Dipper. Sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired.Yield: 10 servingsNutrients per serving: (1 piece of cake, 1/4 cup of ice cream): Calories 70, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Carbohydrates 36 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber 1 gCook's Tip: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread shredded coconut in a single layer over bottom of Small Bar Pan. Bake 8-10 minutes (stir coconut occasionally for even browning) or until light golden brown; cool completely.Source: Pampered Chef

Yes, I beleive it is - Thank you !!!!

No, I was wrong, it is not this one, I am looking for the one that is yellow, not chocolate.

fall winter 08 seasons best has one, just called pina colada skillet cake I believe. I've done that to show the pineapple cutter and use the rest of the pineapple for the new pineapple salsa.

JMT said:
fall winter 08 seasons best has one, just called pina colada skillet cake I believe. I've done that to show the pineapple cutter and use the rest of the pineapple for the new pineapple salsa.

This one is awesome!

I wonder how the above chocolate pineapple cake would turn out if you substituted yellow cake mix for the chocolate cake mix? Anyone adventurous enough to try and report back?

I was wondering that as well, but I do not want to experiment at the show.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to experiment at a show. Especially when changing a recipe around.

What are the ingredients needed to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

The ingredients needed to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake are:

• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 can of pineapple rings
  • 1/4 cup maraschino cherries
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Do I need to use a specific type of pan to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

Yes, you will need a 9-inch round cake pan or a 10-inch cast iron skillet to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

What is the best way to arrange the pineapple and cherries on top of the cake?

The traditional way to arrange the pineapple and cherries on top of the cake is to place the pineapple rings in a single layer and then place a cherry in the center of each ring. However, you can get creative and arrange them however you like!

Can I use canned pineapple instead of fresh pineapple for this recipe?

Yes, you can use either canned or fresh pineapple for this recipe. However, if using fresh pineapple, make sure to slice it into thin rings and remove the core before arranging it on top of the cake.

How should I store Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

Pineapple Upside Down Cake can be stored at room temperature, covered, for up to 3 days. You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If storing in the refrigerator, make sure to bring it to room temperature before serving for the best texture and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • AJPratt
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • ajnewchef