• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unlock the Power of Pinch Bowls with Trish in Texas!

In summary, the pinch bowls are a great way to transport different ingredients to a show. They are also great for storing small amounts of ingredients.
Trish1953
Silver Member
Any Pinch Bowls tips or uses?

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I have pepper in one and kosher salt in one and they sit right by my stove. I use a pinch of each while cooking!! LOVE THEM!!

I am a little stumped, but many of my guests think they are great...just like they use on the cooking shows! When I unstack them and we get to the tiny one...I get the same response as if someone walked in with a new baby!! That is my favorite one too!

One mother brought her 4 year old daughter that was just dying to "get into things" She fell in love with the little pinch bowl and sure enough...Mom ordered it!

It could be used to melt butter (it would be measured out on the wrapper)...then pour it into what ever recipe that was needed. If someone wanted to separate and egg and wanted to save the egg white (or yolk) they could pop on the lid and store it right in the refrigerator.

Thanks for starting this thread...I would like more ideas too!:chef:

little one is good for setting on your window sill in the kitchen to hold your rings while cooking/washing.

Or what about measuring out pills vitamins for the day?

I made Dill Butter in them the other day for our seafood.There is one for each member of the family...Daddy Bear, Mamma Bear, Girl Bear, and Little Boy Bear...oh wait, Daddy Bear doesn't eat seafood so Grandma Bear took his place. ;)

I just used them tonight to help make stir fry. I had garlic in one and ginger in another. That way after adding half the chicken I could add a little of each without leaving the stove. I don't really like how "fragile" they are. I feel like they are not as durable as our prep bowls, I'm afraid to break them!

I am interested in new ideas/uses for these too. I got a set to take to my shows, but I still feel that the prep bowls can serve pretty much the same purpose and they are a lot more multi-functional. I do NOT like that they are made less durable than the prep bowls, and that the pinch bowls are NOT oven safe.

I DO really like how they stack and store together. I put the lid on the small one, put it into the next size and add the lid, and so on. At the end, they are all nested inside and closed up. With the lids on inside, they don't even move around so I feel safe transporting them to/from shows like that!

KellyTheChef said:
I am interested in new ideas/uses for these too. I got a set to take to my shows, but I still feel that the prep bowls can serve pretty much the same purpose and they are a lot more multi-functional.

ITA :thumbup: :thumbup:

DebbieJ said:
ITA :thumbup: :thumbup:

Please help me...what does ITA mean? Ohhhhhh is it I totally agree?

Wow- I'm really on my game tonight!:rolleyes:

We use the tiny one for my niece. Every time she obeys the first time- without being reminded, she gets a Skittle in her bowl. If by supper time the bowl is full, she can choose to eat them for her dessert. It only holds about 8 or so skittles. She loves skittles! She tries to feed them to our Cat; Camilla Bean. She tells her "It's okay Camilla, you are my bestest friend in the whole wide world and I want to share my skittles with you.

Camilla just tolerates her. Too funny! :) The dogs love skittles however.

I have used them for ginger, garlic, melting butter for popcorn, for skiming oil off my soup, or gravy, for adding a little bit of water to something while it cooks...I love them. I too, wish they were a little more sturdy, but I adore them!

I've sold a few of these. I like them a lot for transporting a lot of different ingredients to a show where I will need different measures and they won't take up as much space as the prep bowls. Case in point, I always bring dried orange zest done with the micro planer and explain that when it is first grated, it is angel fine... when it dries, it is like a fine powder and easy to add to your dry spice blends. Pretty cool to compare the two. Not practical to fill a prep cup... but cool in the teeeny little cup.

My husband read once that for the cancer fighting benefits of garlic, that the garlic needs to be minced/pressed and let it set for a few minutes. Well here's a copy/paste from a website that touches on it:

Benefits of Garlic in Cancer

"In order to maximize the health benefits of garlic, it is suggested to wait 15 minutes between peeling and cooking garlic to allow the enzymatic reaction to occur to retain some health benefits of garlic."

This doesn't say to mince/press it first, just peel it. But what my husband read was saying mince or press it and let it sit.

So the pinch bowls are great for this!

I really like all the new product descriptions in the catalog, especially for the pinch bowls. How many of you have ever forgotten whether or not you have added an ingredient especially when cooking with small children?

Evelynt said:
I really like all the new product descriptions in the catalog, especially for the pinch bowls. How many of you have ever forgotten whether or not you have added an ingredient especially when cooking with small children?
I forget salt and pepper all the time!

I also used them when make bread dough in my mixer. My mixer is in an area that doesn't have much work space around it. So I prepped my ingredients on the counter and brought over the prep bowls which fit perfectly in the area that I do have available over there. You could use them in a camper in the same way when you don't have much work area.

I plan on using them alot at my 'dip shows'

The prep bowls are two large for just a clove of garlic or 2 teasppon of lime juice

I wouldn't want to put them into the oven - especially the tiny ones

I love the way they nest together

:chef:

ITA means I totally agree.

whiteyteresa said:
I plan on using them alot at my 'dip shows'

The prep bowls are two large for just a clove of garlic or 2 teasppon of lime juice.....

What's a "dip show"? It sounds fun! :chef:

I make 4 different dips - very very easy show

I give my rectangle and sectional servers to my host the day before the show - so that they be can clean and freeze the parts - the host is in charge with getting the fruits and vegetables.

I will make the fruit dip and the veggie dips ahead of time - usually in the morning of the show

I will make the Hot Pizza Dip and when I get to host home - I will then bake it, when the guest starts arriving they will smell the Hot Pizza Dip getting ready to come out of the oven

Then I prepare in front of the guest the Mexican Bean Dip - I usuallly have several guest come up and help with the can opener, garlic press and the citrus press (now with the pinch, I will have this done ahead of time because the juice usually goes everywhere)

I wasn't sure how this would go off at first but my first dip show was about the best show I ever did. Very interactive. I love doing these.

I was at first upset when I heard that the mini bakers were going to be discontinued but thankfully it was only the french vanilla

Thanks for asking

I forgot to tell you this too

I will make about 2 loafs of bread from the bread tubes and I will make the lime tortilla chips the night before - they taste sooooo much better after they set for a while.

That sounds like a really great show! Very easy, but I'm sure everyone finds at least one dip they love and think about PC every time they make it, and you get to show off some great entertaining pieces.It would be really easy to incorporate the tasting dips for the new spices, too.Thanks for sharing!!

wadesgirl said:
I forget salt and pepper all the time!

I also used them when make bread dough in my mixer. My mixer is in an area that doesn't have much work space around it. So I prepped my ingredients on the counter and brought over the prep bowls which fit perfectly in the area that I do have available over there. You could use them in a camper in the same way when you don't have much work area.

Oh yea, this is a major problem when I am baking because my kitchen is small! And I have two very busy boys. In school I found that the most left off item in bread dough was the salt, which not only effects the taste of the bread, but the fermentation of the yeast, the condition of the proteins and the overall baking quality... long way of saying that it is good to have it all in one place. Great idea with the camper too! Think of all the winter travelers to Arizona...

What is "Unlock the Power of Pinch Bowls with Trish in Texas!"?

"Unlock the Power of Pinch Bowls with Trish in Texas!" is a virtual cooking class hosted by Pampered Chef consultant Trish in Texas. In this class, Trish will demonstrate the versatility and convenience of using pinch bowls in the kitchen.

What are pinch bowls?

Pinch bowls are small bowls that are typically used for holding and measuring small amounts of ingredients while cooking or baking. They are perfect for pre-measuring spices, herbs, and other ingredients, making cooking and baking more efficient and organized.

When and where is the class taking place?

The class will take place virtually on a date and time chosen by you. Trish in Texas will provide a link for you to join the class from the comfort of your own home.

Do I need to purchase anything to attend the class?

No, you do not need to purchase anything to attend the class. However, if you are interested in purchasing Pampered Chef pinch bowls or other kitchen tools, Trish will provide information on how to do so during the class.

Is this class suitable for beginners?

Yes, this class is perfect for beginners and anyone looking to learn more about using pinch bowls in the kitchen. Trish will provide easy-to-follow instructions and tips for using pinch bowls effectively, making it a great learning experience for all skill levels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish in Texas
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Trish in Texas
  • Trish in Texas
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Trish in Texas
  • Trish in Texas