• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Pina Colada Upside Down Cake be Made in the Microwave?

In summary, the recipe for the Pineapple Upside Down Cake can be made in the microwave like LInda's Pineapple UD Cake.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Ok - found the recipe in the SB...and am now wondering - can it be done in the microwave like LInda's Pineapple UD Cake?

I made it for a neighbor in the regular oven but BOY was it good.

dannyzmom said:
Ok - found the recipe in the SB...and am now wondering - can it be done in the microwave like LInda's Pineapple UD Cake?

It's designed for the 12" skillet. If you made it in the DCB you might have to change the quantity of some ingredients. I'm not sure, but that's just my initial thought.

leftymac said:
It's designed for the 12" skillet. If you made it in the DCB you might have to change the quantity of some ingredients. I'm not sure, but that's just my initial thought.

But a boxed cake fits in the DCB so shouldn't this one too?
<please note: I do NOT cook nor do I know a damn thing about recipes>

Go make it, Momma, and report back to us. Sheesh. These women <grin>

RMDave said:
Go make it, Momma, and report back to us. Sheesh. These women <grin>

Bite me, beotch.
I made brownies tonight in the DCB (7.5 minutes) and ate a good 1/3 of the pan. I can't keep my girlish figure if I have to taste test more than one dessert a week.

dannyzmom said:
But a boxed cake fits in the DCB so shouldn't this one too?
<please note: I do NOT cook nor do I know a damn thing about recipes>

As I said, just my initial thought. I've made the cake, but it was a year ago or so, and I've forgotten what goes in it. If it's just a boxed cake mix, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.

Its yummy! YUMMY! My two, 500 pound Texan neighbors ate the entire cake in an afternoon.

leftymac said:
As I said, just my initial thought. I've made the cake, but it was a year ago or so, and I've forgotten what goes in it. If it's just a boxed cake mix, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.

Well, would one of you wonderful boys who know things about cooking please test drive it in the DCB for me & let me know how it works out?

dannyzmom said:
Well, would one of you wonderful boys who know things about cooking please test drive it in the DCB for me & let me know how it works out?

LOL seriously? Just go make it and try it out. We already know that with Pampered Chef you don't have to know anything about cooking. That's why our tools and recipes are great! Just make the batter and try it out. It's not like it's going to ruin your baker or anything. Worst thing that can happen is that you won't like how it tastes.

Carolyn, do it for Me? Just for little ol' Me? Want me to get Kelly to pray for you?

leftymac said:
LOL seriously? Just go make it and try it out. We already know that with Pampered Chef you don't have to know anything about cooking. That's why our tools and recipes are great! Just make the batter and try it out. It's not like it's going to ruin your baker or anything. Worst thing that can happen is that you won't like how it tastes.

Blah blah blah Keith - come on, test it out for meeeeeeeeeeeee :::whining:::::::

RMDave said:
Carolyn, do it for Me? Just for little ol' Me? Want me to get Kelly to pray for you?

Bahaha - I think i just peed a little.:D

I'm sure it could be done like the Pineapple Upside Down Cake. It's just using different liquids, and adding coconut - it should be fine.

(and I do cook...and do know about recipes.;))

I made the Pineapple Upside Down Cake at my show this evening - it was incredible! It flipped out of the DCB so nicely, and 6 women ate almost the entire cake!

So, I guess you're the fine example that you dont have to know how to cook to "cook" :D

WAH! Carolyn! HEHEHE :D Can't wait to see you at Conference! :love:

So, i made this tonight, testing for a show next week, and made it in my DCB and it was DRY!!!!! Anyone have this problem?

What ingredients do I need to make Pina Colada Upside Down Cake?

To make Pina Colada Upside Down Cake, you will need:

• 1 box of yellow cake mix
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 can of pineapple slices
  • 1/2 cup of butter
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup of Pina Colada mix

Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a white cake mix instead of yellow if you prefer. The flavor will be slightly different, but still delicious!

Do I have to use Pina Colada mix?

No, if you can't find Pina Colada mix or prefer not to use it, you can substitute it with 1/2 cup of pineapple juice and 1/4 cup of coconut cream.

What size pan should I use to bake this cake?

You will need a 9x13 inch baking pan for this recipe. Make sure to line it with parchment paper to prevent sticking.

How should I store leftover Pina Colada Upside Down Cake?

Leftover cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze individual slices for up to 3 months. Just thaw in the refrigerator before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ajnewchef