• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pina Colada Upside Down Cake

In summary, to make Pina Colada Upside Down Cake, you will need a can of pineapple slices in juice, butter, brown sugar, yellow cake mix, vegetable oil, Pina Colada mix, eggs, and shredded coconut. You can use fresh pineapple instead of canned, but you may need to adjust the amount of brown sugar used. To prevent the cake from sticking to the pan, generously grease the pan and consider lining it with parchment paper. This cake can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Different types of cake mix can also be used, but be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
ChefPaulaB
I'm going to make this tomorrow but I couldn't find Unsweetened Coconut Milk, all my store had was Cream of Coconut... it's definitely not unsweetened... any thoughts on how this will work for subbing... Should I not put the full amount in? Thoughts? Help? I could dilute it with Coconut or Pineapple RuM? :balloon: think that would help?

Did you look for it in the Asian/International section of the supermarket?? I am pretty sure that's where most stores would put it. Your store may only have a brand or 2 and it may not stick out. At our store, it is on the lowest shelf so I definitely had to "look" for it.

I don't know if I would use the sweetened in its place...

I tried the cream of coconut once when I didn't know what I was looking for, and the results weren't so hot! I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding the right stuff if you look with the Asian cooking aisle.

Cream of Coconut and Coconut Milk ARE NOT interchangeable!! Check the Asian section of your store, specifically the Thai foods. If they don't have it, you may need to check a specialty market.

Okay, good to know! Thank you! Guess I'm going back to the store! thank you!!!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Pina Colada Upside Down Cake?

To make Pina Colada Upside Down Cake, you will need:

• 1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices in juice
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup Pina Colada mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup shredded coconut

2. Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned for this recipe?

Yes, you can use fresh pineapple instead of canned for this recipe. Simply slice the pineapple into rings and use as directed in the recipe. You may need to adjust the amount of brown sugar used in the topping as fresh pineapple may not be as sweet as canned.

3. How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the cake from sticking to the pan, make sure to generously grease the pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray before adding the pineapple and brown sugar topping. You can also line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for extra insurance.

4. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time. After baking, let the cake cool completely before covering it tightly with plastic wrap and storing it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, bring the cake to room temperature or warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.

5. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake mix for this recipe. While yellow cake mix is traditional, you can also use white cake mix or even a homemade cake batter. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly as different cake mixes may require different baking times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • kam