• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Recipe: Pina Colada Upside Down Cake?

In summary, this woman is returning to the community after a long absence and is planning to re-activate her catalog show on Thursday. She has four other shows planned. She asks for the recipe for the pina colada upside down cake.
brendaivette
Hi ladies,

I have been away for a while after my knee surgery in Nov..............and I'm starting to come back. i have a catalog show right now to re-activate by thursday, 2 shows in april (for one person she had to do 2 shows because is not big enough for her list of 82) YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i have 4 others to set dates for......................

anyways.............

Anyone have the recipe for the pina colada upside down cake?

tks:sing:

This is so so so so good!

The Pampered Chef ®
Piña Colada Upside-Down Cake
Recipe

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 medium pineapple
1/2 cup maraschino cherries (15-20 cherries)
1 pkg (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1 can (13.25 oz) unsweetened coconut milk
1 tsp rum extract
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in Executive (12-in.) Skillet over low heat (do not use stainless cookware). Brush sides of Skillet with butter using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Remove from heat; sprinkle brown sugar over butter and set aside.

2. Cut off top and bottom of pineapple, creating a flat base; slice off rind from top to bottom. Cut pineapple into 12 slices; remove core using The Corer™. Cut slices in half. Arrange 22 of the pineapple slices around outer edge of Skillet; place two pineapple slices in center, forming a ring. Place one cherry in center of pineapple ring and additional cherries around outside of ring.

3. Combine cake mix, eggs, coconut milk and rum extract in Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl; whisk with Stainless Whisk until well blended. Carefully pour batter over pineapple in Skillet.

4. Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Meanwhile, place coconut into Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until toasted, stirring after each 10-second interval. Remove cake from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 5 minutes. Invert cake onto Simple Additions® Large Round Platter; gently press coconut around top edge and sides of cake.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 310, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 49 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 250 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 14 canned pineapple slices (one 20-oz can and one 8-oz can) can be substituted. Cut slices in half; proceed as recipe directs.

Shopping List
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 medium pineapple
1/2 cup maraschino cherries (15-20 cherries)
1 pkg (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1 can (13.25 oz) unsweetened coconut milk
1 tsp rum extract
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut

Cook's Tip: If desired, 14 canned pineapple slices (one 20-oz can and one 8-oz can) can be substituted for the fresh pineapple. Cut slices in half and arrange around bottom of Skillet. Proceed as recipe directs.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd.,

brendaivette said:
Hi ladies,

I have been away for a while after my knee surgery in Nov..............and I'm starting to come back. i have a catalog show right now to re-activate by thursday, 2 shows in april (for one person she had to do 2 shows because is not big enough for her list of 82) YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i have 4 others to set dates for......................

anyways.............

Anyone have the recipe for the pina colada upside down cake?

tks:sing:

(Quietly leaves thread)
022.gif

Any way to make that smilie look a little more masculine, KG?

:D

SO SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

thanks for the recipe

brendaivette said:
thanks for the recipe

You are welcome!

At least I answered your request before helping to hijack your thread!:)

I made this for Easter for my dad, and he raved about it!

ChefBeckyD said:
You are welcome!

At least I answered your request before helping to hijack your thread!:)
And that is such a rare occurrence around here.

What ingredients are needed to make Pina Colada Upside Down Cake?

The ingredients needed for Pina Colada Upside Down Cake include: canned pineapple slices, maraschino cherries, butter, brown sugar, yellow cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, rum extract, and shredded coconut.

Can I substitute any ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the rum extract for real rum, or leave it out altogether. You can also use fresh pineapple instead of canned, and add in your own mix of tropical fruits like mango or papaya.

How long does it take to bake Pina Colada Upside Down Cake?

The baking time for this cake is approximately 45 minutes. However, it is always best to use a toothpick to check for doneness before removing it from the oven.

Do I need to refrigerate this cake?

Yes, due to the ingredients used in this recipe, it is recommended to store Pina Colada Upside Down Cake in the refrigerator. It can also be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.

Can I use a different type of cake mix?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake mix, such as white or vanilla, to make this cake. However, the flavor may differ slightly from the traditional Pina Colada Upside Down Cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaddyandOwensMom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heather223
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Jo Ann Marino