• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pie-Making Tips & EAD Replacement Parts: Help Laurie Out!

had a fundraiser yesterday and had two questions she couldn't answer so she came to me. one lady said she makes alot of pies and bought the pie pan but some other lady said, oh no, don't use that, the crust on the bottom doesn't get done and is doughy, so she didn't want to try it because she is known for her flaky pie crust. help! laurie wants her to be able to use hers but doesn't make pies and couldn't say anything but she hates doughy crust too and i'll ask about it? the other lady said she had an EAD but the screw on lid at the bottom never did fit right on the threads, i guess it wasn't wide enought to cover
lauriedip
I had a fundraiser yesterday and i had two questions i couldn't answer, so here i am!
one lady said she makes alot of pies and bought the pie pan but some other lady said, oh no, don't use that, the crust on the bottom doesn't get done and is doughy, so she didn't want to try it because she is known for her flaky pie crust. help! I want her to be able to use hers but I don't make pies and couldn't say anything but I hate doughy crust too and i'll ask about it?

the other lady said she had an EAD but the screw on lid at the bottom never did fit right on the threads, i guess it wasn't wide enought to cover all the threads. did we have an older EAd with a thinner brim the the tip fits onto and would they have replacement parts for it?
thank you,
laurie

I used to have problems with the pie stone too, but I have found that if you put it at the bottom of the oven closest to the bottom heat source that it works great. Also, you might want to remind her about having to leave stones in for a little bit longer (like 3 minutes or so) for them to warm up properly (just don't keep the pie oncovered for the extra time)... my DH thinks that I make wonderful pies and I always use my pie stone.
As far as the EAD, I ordered a replacement tube from the replacement parts list and it is for the new model, not the old model (I needed the old model) so I guess I just need a whole new EAD, and she might too, or possibly she's putting it on the wrong end, there are 2 rings and they are not interchangeable... Just a thought.

Thank you!
I will have her try that.
laurie

1. What are some tips for making the perfect pie crust?

To make the perfect pie crust, start by using cold ingredients such as butter and water. This will help create a flaky texture. Also, be sure to not overwork the dough and to chill it before rolling it out. Blind baking the crust before adding the filling can also help prevent a soggy bottom.

2. How can I prevent my pie crust from shrinking?

To prevent your pie crust from shrinking, make sure to chill the dough before rolling it out and use a pie crust shield or foil to cover the edges while baking. You can also try using a mixture of butter and shortening in your crust, as the shortening will help hold its shape better.

3. I lost my EAD replacement parts, where can I find replacements?

You can find replacement parts for your EAD (Easy Accent Decorator) at your local Pampered Chef consultant, or you can order them online through the Pampered Chef website. Make sure to have the model number of your EAD when ordering.

4. What are some creative ways to use the Easy Accent Decorator?

The Easy Accent Decorator is not just for decorating pies! You can also use it to decorate cakes, cookies, cupcakes, and even savory dishes like deviled eggs or mashed potatoes. It can also be used for filling pastries and creating fun designs on top of drinks.

5. Can I use the Easy Accent Decorator with other brands of decorating tips?

Yes, the Easy Accent Decorator is designed to be compatible with most standard decorating tips. However, some non-Pampered Chef tips may not fit as snugly and could potentially leak, so it's best to stick with Pampered Chef tips for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• christy_c
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cgreen
Replies
Views
minirottie
Replies
Views
Staci