• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Concerns: Discolored Pie Crust Shields

In summary, the discoloration on a pie crust shield is caused by natural oils and fats in the crust and can be easily cleaned with warm soapy water or a mixture of baking soda and water. It does not affect the taste or functionality of the shield, but can be prevented by regularly cleaning it and avoiding abrasive materials. Using aluminum foil as a barrier can also help prevent staining.
donnathepamperedchef
I have a customer who isn't happy with her pie crust shields. She says both, she purchased two, have discoloured and look dirty. I don't have this product. Is it made of aluminum? Can it been cleaned?

I used to have one. It was extremely light, so my guess is aluminum.
I got rid of my shield because it was too big for most of my normal pie pans (sorry! but I had pyrex long before stoneware! LOL).I never had a problem cleaning it. If she is, my first try would be a baking soda and water paste.

thank you, not sure how she is cleaning them

The more she uses them the more discolored they'll get. That's the nature of the product. ...like the grill basket and tray - they won't be shiny and pretty for long if they're used.

BethCooks4U said:
The more she uses them the more discolored they'll get. That's the nature of the product. ...like the grill basket and tray - they won't be shiny and pretty for long if they're used.

It's so sad to see something that was once so shiny turn black! :cry: The grill basket and tray really did look pretty before we actually used it on the BBQ! But that's life... Those are the marks of a hard-working tool!

And why does a pie crust shield need to look good? That was my first thought...it's not like you serve the pie with the shield still on there. As long as it serves its purpose...

Mine don't turn black. I have only one that fits my pie stone nicely. Haven't gotten any more because I too had pyrex before stoneware.Yes, they are aluminum and very thin.

Hello there, I'm sorry to hear that your customer is not satisfied with their pie crust shields. Our pie crust shields are made of high-quality aluminum, which is known for its durability and heat conductivity. However, like any other aluminum product, it can develop discoloration over time due to exposure to air and moisture.To clean the shields, I recommend using a mixture of vinegar and water or a mild dish soap. Gently scrub the shields with a soft cloth or sponge, and then rinse with warm water. You may also use a non-abrasive metal polish to restore the shine of the shields.I hope this helps resolve the issue for your customer. If they have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team for assistance. Thank you for being a valued consultant and for representing our brand. Have a great day!

1. Why is my pie crust shield discolored?

The discoloration on your pie crust shield is most likely due to the natural oils and fats in the crust. These oils can leave a residue on the shield, causing it to appear discolored. This is completely normal and does not affect the performance of the shield.

2. How can I clean my discolored pie crust shield?

To clean your discolored pie crust shield, simply wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. If you notice any stubborn stains, you can also try using a mixture of baking soda and water to gently scrub the shield. Be sure to thoroughly rinse and dry the shield before storing it.

3. Will the discoloration affect the taste of my pie crust?

No, the discoloration on the pie crust shield will not affect the taste of your crust. It is simply a cosmetic issue and does not impact the functionality of the shield.

4. Can I still use the discolored pie crust shield?

Yes, you can still use the discolored pie crust shield. As mentioned before, the discoloration does not affect the performance of the shield. However, if the discoloration bothers you, you can follow the cleaning steps mentioned above to remove it.

5. How can I prevent my pie crust shield from getting discolored?

To prevent discoloration on your pie crust shield, be sure to clean it after each use and avoid using any abrasive materials when washing it. You can also try covering the shield with aluminum foil before placing it on top of your pie crust to catch any excess oils and prevent them from staining the shield.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• clshirk
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennifer E
  • anoelle
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • lauriedip