• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pie Crust Shield Too Big??

In summary, pie crust shields come in different sizes and can be trimmed to fit your specific pie pan. They provide protection for delicate crusts and can be used on both larger and smaller pies. While aluminum foil can be used as a substitute, it may not provide the same level of protection. Pies with sturdier crusts may not require a shield.
pamperedkel
has anyone had any problems with this? I had a customer tell me she can't use hers because it's way too big. It's 10 1/2 inches, aren't most pies 9 inches??

Kelly

I have found that it is too big on regular pie plates, but fits perfectly on our deep dish pie plates.

, I have not personally experienced any problems with this pie dish, but it is possible that some customers may find it too large for their needs. While most standard pie recipes call for a 9 inch dish, some may require a larger dish for deep dish pies or quiches. It's always a good idea to check the size requirements of your recipe before purchasing a pie dish. Additionally, you can always adjust the filling and crust amounts to fit a larger dish if needed. I hope this helps!

1. Why is my Pie Crust Shield Too Big?

The size of pie crust shields can vary depending on the manufacturer and the type of pie pan you are using. If you find that your pie crust shield is too big, try using a smaller pie pan or trimming the edges of the shield to fit your specific pan.

2. Can I cut my Pie Crust Shield to make it smaller?

Yes, you can trim your pie crust shield to make it smaller. However, be sure to use sharp scissors and make clean, even cuts to ensure that the shield still provides adequate protection for your pie crust.

3. Will a large Pie Crust Shield still work on a smaller pie?

Yes, a larger pie crust shield can still provide adequate protection for a smaller pie. Simply adjust the shield to fit your pan and make sure it covers the edges of the crust.

4. Can I use aluminum foil as a substitute for a Pie Crust Shield?

While aluminum foil can be used to cover the edges of your pie crust, it may not provide the same level of protection as a dedicated pie crust shield. The shield is designed to reflect heat and prevent the edges of the crust from burning, while foil may not have the same effect.

5. Do I need to use a Pie Crust Shield for all types of pies?

No, a pie crust shield is mainly used for pies with delicate crusts, like fruit pies, to prevent the edges from burning. Pies with sturdier crusts, like quiches or savory pies, may not require a shield. Use your judgment and refer to the recipe for guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• clshirk
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennifer E
  • momoftwins
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
momoftwins
  • anoelle