• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting About a Picky Friend and Our New Cool N Serve Square Tray

In summary, my friend showed me her new Cool N Serve Square Tray and I tried to explain to her how it's meant to keep all the food cool and the lid snaps on to keep the food fresh but she was being a picky princess and kept fiddling with it. Then she said Tupperware is better than OUR product. I tried to explain to her that our design is flawed but she didn't seem to care.
emiscookin
I don't know if "Picky" is the right word for this situation, but...whatever ;)

I met with my friend yesterday who is hosting a show for me and showed her our new Cool N Serve Square Tray because she wanted to have some finger foods out for everyone. She liked how the inserts switch to fit deviled eggs and so she said, "Well, let's try this!" She tried to place the inserts in the LID and left the other inserts on the bottom. I guess she was thinking the veggies don't really need to stay cool so...we have one tray for the veggies and one for the deviled eggs. Yeeeah...obviously the green inserts didn't fit in the lid.

She was like, "O-k...umm, is this not made for these to rest in the lid?" Reluctantly I answered, "Yes." Then I thought about how PC raved about the versatillity of this product, which I agree with, but I guess to some people...not so much. I tried to explain to her how it's meant to keep all the food cool and the lid snaps on to keep the food fresh.

She kept fiddling with it and was like, "That is a flaw in this design. You should really let Pampered Chef know about this." At this point I was thinking, "You have got to be kidding me! Seriously??"

Then she added, "With Tupperware they have something similar to this and you can fit the inserts in the lid as well."

Then I thought, "Oh no she did NOT just pretty much say Tupperware is better than OUR product!" :grumpy:

I gotta admit, I have NEVER been to a Tupperware party. Was never invited to one and never cared to check out the products. So...I dunno if they have something like our Square Tray. They may have done something recently cause you know everyone tries to copy us because we are the BEST! :p

But anyway, I just thought it was a little ridiculous of her to say what she said about it. Perhaps its my pregnancy mood swings that were making me so angry about it, but the thing is...she's the kind of person that's picky about everything and even though we are friends, our personalities differ in many ways. She bothers me sometimes. Anyhoo, I just wanted to share (vent) that with all of you. ;)

This is the only thing I could find that comes close... and really??? http://order.tupperware.com/coe/app/tup_show_item.show_item_detail?fv_item_category_code=5000&fv_item_number=P10058987000

Sure the lid holds stuff, because it's designed to nest the rest of the containers! It doesn't have a chilled portion - you have to fill it with ice. And it's only available as part of a $95 set!

I love our FLAWED design!

It's not your mood swings. She was being a picky princess.I agree, it'd be really neat if they did fit in there, but there are tactful ways of saying things.

PampChefJoy said:
This is the only thing I could find that comes close... and really??? http://order.tupperware.com/coe/app/tup_show_item.show_item_detail?fv_item_category_code=5000&fv_item_number=P10058987000

Sure the lid holds stuff, because it's designed to nest the rest of the containers! It doesn't have a chilled portion - you have to fill it with ice. And it's only available as part of a $95 set!

LOL! Yes, but it comes gift-boxed for any occasion! Ha!

I believe it's just in some peoples DNA to always find fault. It wouldn't matter - she probably will look over the TW one, and talk about it's design flaws too.

leftymac said:
It's not your mood swings. She was being a picky princess.

I agree, it'd be really neat if they did fit in there, but there are tactful ways of saying things.

Exactly! Only...I don't think she knows the meaning of the word tactful. :p

PampChefJoy said:

Yeah, BOOOOOO on that product!! :thumbdown: $95 is A LOT of money especially when it doesn't have chilled inserts! This is something good to mention to someone who complains about the price of our Square Tray! Thanks for sharing!

I love our FLAWED design as well. :p

I love PC products because I don't have to take out a second mortgage to pay for them like I would if I wanted Tupperware's equivalent. Ha! Ha!

I do like some Tupperware products but they cannot match our products. Their prices are so much higher because of the lifetime warranty too.

Can we say dumb? It's a cover for a reason.

lockhartkitchen said:
Can we say dumb? It's a cover for a reason.

THANK YOU!! :thumbup: That's how I felt!

emiscookin said:
I don't know if "Picky" is the right word for this situation, but...whatever ;)

I met with my friend yesterday who is hosting a show for me and showed her our new Cool N Serve Square Tray because she wanted to have some finger foods out for everyone. She liked how the inserts switch to fit deviled eggs and so she said, "Well, let's try this!" She tried to place the inserts in the LID and left the other inserts on the bottom. I guess she was thinking the veggies don't really need to stay cool so...we have one tray for the veggies and one for the deviled eggs. Yeeeah...obviously the green inserts didn't fit in the lid.

She was like, "O-k...umm, is this not made for these to rest in the lid?" Reluctantly I answered, "Yes." Then I thought about how PC raved about the versatillity of this product, which I agree with, but I guess to some people...not so much. I tried to explain to her how it's meant to keep all the food cool and the lid snaps on to keep the food fresh.

She kept fiddling with it and was like, "That is a flaw in this design. You should really let Pampered Chef know about this." At this point I was thinking, "You have got to be kidding me! Seriously??"

Then she added, "With Tupperware they have something similar to this and you can fit the inserts in the lid as well."

Then I thought, "Oh no she did NOT just pretty much say Tupperware is better than OUR product!" :grumpy:

I gotta admit, I have NEVER been to a Tupperware party. Was never invited to one and never cared to check out the products. So...I dunno if they have something like our Square Tray. They may have done something recently cause you know everyone tries to copy us because we are the BEST! :p

But anyway, I just thought it was a little ridiculous of her to say what she said about it. Perhaps its my pregnancy mood swings that were making me so angry about it, but the thing is...she's the kind of person that's picky about everything and even though we are friends, our personalities differ in many ways. She bothers me sometimes. Anyhoo, I just wanted to share (vent) that with all of you. ;)

I have put the inserts in the lid and the base does fit over them - not a secure fit - the base does move around on the inserts but it lies there good eough if someone wanted it for that kind of use. I suggest that for those who want to use it for potato salad or regular salad and such.

BethCooks4U said:
I have put the inserts in the lid and the base does fit over them - not a secure fit - the base does move around on the inserts but it lies there good eough if someone wanted it for that kind of use. I suggest that for those who want to use it for potato salad or regular salad and such.

Yeah, its an ok fit like you said, but even that wasn't good enough for her. I just don't want her dogging the product to her friends at the party tonight. :grumpy: I swear, some people.

I agree with "dumb"! If you look at all of the info about the Cool & Serve, it does NOT show the inserts in the lid at all so we all know it is not designed for that. So, that said, you can not use the lid and bottom separately and chilled anyway as there are not 4 inserts. So what you do is leave the frozen inserts in the bottom, where they fit properly and where they were meant to be, then place the inverted lid on top. Viola, instant large "bowl" that is chilled.

emiscookin said:
Yeah, BOOOOOO on that product!! :thumbdown: $95 is A LOT of money especially when it doesn't have chilled inserts! This is something good to mention to someone who complains about the price of our Square Tray! Thanks for sharing!

I love our FLAWED design as well. :p

Be sure you are talking about our benefits and feautres not bad mouthing another company. It can turn around to bite you in the butt! I try to only talk about PC products and not compare them to anything specific.

With you on that one wadesgirl! I accidentally got drawn into a comparison match with another DS company rep and wow! What a mess! We both ended up looking like a couple of real idiots in front of my host and guests. I try now to never make any comparisons.

wadesgirl said:
Be sure you are talking about our benefits and feautres not bad mouthing another company. It can turn around to bite you in the butt! I try to only talk about PC products and not compare them to anything specific.

I will certainly remember that. ;) Thanks!

What is "Picky, Picky, Picky!"?

"Picky, Picky, Picky!" is a cookbook from Pampered Chef that features recipes for picky eaters. It includes tips and tricks for dealing with picky eaters, as well as delicious and creative meal ideas that are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.

Who is this cookbook designed for?

This cookbook is designed for families with picky eaters, whether they are children or adults. It can also be helpful for anyone who wants to expand their recipe repertoire and try new dishes that are sure to be crowd-pleasers.

What types of recipes are included in "Picky, Picky, Picky!"?

The cookbook features a variety of recipes, including main dishes, sides, snacks, and desserts. These recipes are designed to be simple, flavorful, and appealing to picky eaters, while also providing balanced and nutritious meals.

Are the ingredients for these recipes easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients for the recipes in "Picky, Picky, Picky!" are common and easy to find in most grocery stores. They also use basic kitchen tools and equipment, so you don't need any fancy gadgets to make these dishes.

Does "Picky, Picky, Picky!" offer any tips for dealing with picky eaters?

Yes, the cookbook includes helpful tips and strategies for dealing with picky eaters. These tips can help make mealtime less stressful and more enjoyable for the whole family. It also includes ideas for getting picky eaters involved in the cooking process, which can make them more likely to try new foods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ChefMoore