• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Stoneware Piece Should I Choose: Bar Pan, Round Stone, or Metal Sheet Pan?

In summary, the large bar pan is a good option, but the small bar pan is also a good option. The rectangular baker is also a good option, but there is nothing you can't do in the DCB that you can do in it. The deep dish baker is a good option, but it is smaller and you can't do large roasts with it. The PC recipes for the DDB are also good options. The deep dish almond-apple pie is a good option. The Molten Chocolate Tunnel Cake is a good option.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I have the opportunity to pick up a piece of stoneware from a September show closing this week b/c the past host doesn't want it. It is a level 1 piece.Here's what I have:* Large bar pan
* Large round stone with handles
* DCB
* Pie plate
* Square baker (used more often than bar pan for small jobs, since I am single)
* Mini baker
* Fluted stone
* Loaf pan, rarely usedWhatever I get, I'm leaning towards gifting or re-selling.I'm already getting a rectangular baker as a gift for my sister, but see no need for one for myself, since I have the DCB.I'm leaning towards either the small or medium bar pans or a metal sheet pan, also as a gift.Thoughts?

Last edited:
The large bar pan would make a great gift and you cannot beat that price.

I love my small bar pan & the fluted pan

ditto on the large bar pan

My sister already has (had) the bar pan. It broke months ago and she never got around to turning it in. She will have a new one soon.She is the only member of my family who is sold on stoneware. My stepmother bought one at my first show, then returned it when she found out she couldn't soap it or put it in the dishwasher. That's why I'm thinking large sheet pan. This was before we had the metal pans.I'm kind of tempted on the rectangular baker .. my best selling stoneware, but there's really nothing I can do in that that I can't do in the DCB.

I finally bought myself a deep dish baker. do you have that one?

The pie plate? Yes, I do.

Just a note, the DCB is not a level 1 choice for host special.

On another note, I would go with the large bar pan! :)

Di_Can_Cook said:
The pie plate? Yes, I do.

The Deep Dish Baker is different than the pie plate. It has straight up and down sides where the pie plate is slanted (if that makes any sense) and the total width of the bottom is bigger... I really like my Deep Dish Baker, I use for quite a few dips and for cinnamon crisp, I even like it for meatloaf, more topping on every bite!

There is a lot you can do with the rectangular baker....I use it for making lasagne, large roasts with potatoes...The deep covered baker is great, but it's smaller and you can't do large roasts with it. I've had mine for years and I love it. Sheet cakes come out great in it too.

I just got the medium metal sheet pan. I'm really impressed by the weight of it. I used it last night and it cleaned up like a breeze.

My votes are for the Rectangle Baker or the Deep Dish Baker.

For some reason, I use the Deep Dish Baker tons.

Here are some PC recipes for the DDB (most of the recipes are from SBs and Use&Care):

Touchdown Taco Dip
Beef Enchilada Casserole
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Pan-Asian Meatballs
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Zucchini Deep Dish Pie
Sun-Dried Tomato & Sausage Risotto
Taco Grande
Lemony Chicken Popover Puff
Herb Roasted Chicken
Easy Oven-Roasted Chicken
Savory Pork Roast with Apple Stuffing
Deep Dish Antipasto Pizza
Sicilian Roast Chicken
Deep Dish BLT Pizza
Apple Cranberry Popover Puff
Mom's Apple Crisp
Quick Apple Crisp
Apple Nut Ring
Garden Fresh Oven Omelet
Ham & Cheddar Croissant Bake
Waffle Berry Bread Pudding
Tres Leches Cake
Deep Dish Almond-Apple Pie
Molten Chocolate Tunnel Cake

There is also a really good Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake in All the Best that I think bakes in the DDB.

kam said:
My votes are for the Rectangle Baker or the Deep Dish Baker.

For some reason, I use the Deep Dish Baker tons.

Here are some PC recipes for the DDB (most of the recipes are from SBs and Use&Care):

Touchdown Taco Dip
Beef Enchilada Casserole
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Pan-Asian Meatballs
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Zucchini Deep Dish Pie
Sun-Dried Tomato & Sausage Risotto
Taco Grande
Lemony Chicken Popover Puff
Herb Roasted Chicken
Easy Oven-Roasted Chicken
Savory Pork Roast with Apple Stuffing
Deep Dish Antipasto Pizza
Sicilian Roast Chicken
Deep Dish BLT Pizza
Apple Cranberry Popover Puff
Mom's Apple Crisp
Quick Apple Crisp
Apple Nut Ring
Garden Fresh Oven Omelet
Ham & Cheddar Croissant Bake
Waffle Berry Bread Pudding
Tres Leches Cake
Deep Dish Almond-Apple Pie
Molten Chocolate Tunnel Cake

There is also a really good Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake in All the Best that I think bakes in the DDB.

Another one that I make in it is the Hot Pizza Dip (All the Best?), I double it and use the DDB, always a huge hit... if I don't double it it's never enough!

Every time I see DDB in a recipe, I swap the DCB instead. Works like a charm.Right now I'm leaning toward getting the large bar pan, with the intention of selling it at 20 percent off at Christmas to someone who needs a last minute gift.Also leaning toward the small bar pan, because I am single.I'm resisting the DDB because a) I can't think of a single thing I'd use it for that I can't swap the pie plate or rectangular baker or DCB and b) I have the mini baker and have never used it once.The rectangular baker IS a big hit with my customers ... I just wonder how often I'd use it. Also ... I'm running out of places to store all the stoneware!At this point, I am also thinking of getting a small bar pan at 30 percent off on a past host's order.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Every time I see DDB in a recipe, I swap the DCB instead. Works like a charm.

Right now I'm leaning toward getting the large bar pan, with the intention of selling it at 20 percent off at Christmas to someone who needs a last minute gift.

Also leaning toward the small bar pan, because I am single.

I'm resisting the DDB because a) I can't think of a single thing I'd use it for that I can't swap the pie plate or rectangular baker or DCB and b) I have the mini baker and have never used it once.
The rectangular baker IS a big hit with my customers ... I just wonder how often I'd use it. Also ... I'm running out of places to store all the stoneware!

At this point, I am also thinking of getting a small bar pan at 30 percent off on a past host's order.

Ahhh...
I use my mini-baker a lot, too. So I love the Deep Dish Baker for doubling. We entertain a lot so many times I am using a Mini-Baker and 2 Deep Dish Bakers depending on the dips we are serving.

If you use a toaster oven, I would say the small bar pan. That's what I use mine for and it works great.It would be nice to have a rectangular baker to match your DCB when you want to do a cake or something to go with whatever you cook in the DCB. The DDB (with the cover on outlet) is great to bring dips or other stuff to potlucks. The medium bar pan might be nice for you cooking dishes for yourself in the oven when the large bar pan is too much and you are already using the square baker or it's not as appropriate.Gosh, I am not a lot of help. I have most of them and I use them all for different things at different times.

Actually, I think four pork chops or 2 chicken breasts would fit PERFECT on the small bar pan. Am I under estimating its size?I do have a toaster oven but rarely use it. I kind of think that I might take it to work once in a while to do things in there .... they do not have a tray in there and I won't use it unless I bring my own foil. But I don't know if I'd want to haul it back and forth to work and I SURE would not trust them not to put soap on it!I have a square baker that matches my DCB and I use it for brownies all the time ... also in place of a small bar pan. I don't make a lot of sheet cakes ... I prefer layer cakes from the torte pans.

I use my small bar ALL the time for microwave stuff... for my son chicken nuggets or tater tots. I make those chewy frozen pretzles on it, they come out perfect. sometimes i've even used it as a 'lid' on my mini baker (which i also use ALL the time since its just me and my son right now. I can cut any DCB recipe in half and use the mini). I like it cause it's the perfect size for the microwave.

I kind of think that I might take it to work once in a while to do things in there .... they do not have a tray in there and I won't use it unless I bring my own foil. But I don't know if I'd want to haul it back and forth to work and I SURE would not trust them not to put soap on it!

You need to do like I did where I used to work...........bring in my own bar pan, use, clean and lock in drawer in desk. I had pot holders, Mini Serving Spatula, Twixits, and a few other things. I used to drive them crazy, :D:chef::D when I was craving chocolate and could go out at lunch and buy small jiffy brownie mix and things needed, bring it back and whip a batch up. :D . If only we would have had single cute deputies working at that time, as that was a sure what to get them to come to the office, or even the probation guys would come over, smelled the chocolate.

Lisa

Di_Can_Cook said:
Actually, I think four pork chops or 2 chicken breasts would fit PERFECT on the small bar pan. Am I under estimating its size?

I do have a toaster oven but rarely use it. I kind of think that I might take it to work once in a while to do things in there .... they do not have a tray in there and I won't use it unless I bring my own foil. But I don't know if I'd want to haul it back and forth to work and I SURE would not trust them not to put soap on it!

I have a square baker that matches my DCB and I use it for brownies all the time ... also in place of a small bar pan. I don't make a lot of sheet cakes ... I prefer layer cakes from the torte pans.

I think you are over estimating the size... I cannot imagine 4 pork chops on the small bar pan... Possibly 2 small chicken breasts or one large...

We do two chicken breasts on the medium bar pan all the time. If you have the small sheet pan it's about the same size.

1. How do I choose the right size of stoneware for my needs?

When picking a piece of stoneware, it's important to consider what types of dishes you will be cooking and how many people you will be serving. A general rule of thumb is to choose a piece that is large enough to fit your dish with at least an inch of space around the edges. For example, a 9x13-inch stoneware would be suitable for a casserole dish, while a smaller 8x8-inch stoneware would work well for smaller dishes or side dishes.

2. What type of stoneware is best for baking?

Stoneware comes in a variety of materials, including clay, ceramic, and porcelain. For baking, we recommend choosing stoneware made of high-quality, heat-resistant clay. This type of stoneware is durable, provides even heat distribution, and can withstand high temperatures without cracking or breaking.

3. Can I use stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, stoneware can be used in the microwave, as long as it does not have any metal decorations or handles. Stoneware is microwave safe and can help evenly distribute heat, making it a great option for reheating leftovers or cooking quick meals.

4. How do I clean and care for my stoneware?

To clean stoneware, it is recommended to hand wash it with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges, as they can damage the stoneware's surface. If there are stubborn food stains, you can soak the stoneware in warm water before washing. It's also important to avoid extreme temperature changes, such as placing hot stoneware in cold water or vice versa, as this can cause the stoneware to crack.

5. Can stoneware be used on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not suitable for stovetop use. It is designed to be used in the oven, microwave, or grill. Using stoneware on the stovetop can cause it to crack or break, and it may also damage your stovetop's surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cape_PC
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Cape_PC
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
  • vhadley