• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Stoneware Pieces Should I Add to My Collection?

In summary, stoneware does not generally sell well at street fairs, and the only stones the author wants are the medium bar pan and the rectangular baker. The author prefers the rectangular baker for their home kitchen, but the medium bar pan is just as good.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I am sort of thinking of ordering a piece of unglazed stoneware for my next show, either to keep and use myself, or to sell or use as a gift.

Stoneware generally does not sell at street fairs, and when I've bought extra in the past, it ended up becoming a gift for my niece or my sister.

The only stones I DON'T have that I want are MAYBE the medium bar pan (I have the large and small) and the rectangular baker (I have sold many of these but frankly, I'd prefer one that is glazed.)

Thoughts?

I use the med bar stone alot at home.

I use the medium bar pan at home on a regular basis, but never use it for shows.
I love my glazed baker, so if that's the one you really want, I'd wait for it. Again, I don't normally use my baker for demos, so I'd get the one you'd want for your kitchen!

Medium bar pan is our go to one at home for just the two of us.

wadesgirl said:
Medium bar pan is our go to one at home for just the two of us.

Same here. But like Lisa said, I never use it for shows. BUT at home it gets used as much, if not more, than the large bar pan.

Yeah, I'm single with a roomate so I'm thinking I'd use med bar pan more often at home. I've already used the small one a lot and often take it to work. I HAVE the DCB, Square baker and assorted other pieces of stoneware (fluted, round w/handles, loaf pan and small and large par pans.) I wouldn't want the rectangle one unless it was glazed like the DCB or Square baker. I don't see myself using it for shows either ... unless it's a recipe that calls for a medium sheet pan. I have no sheet pans and wish I could afford to stock up on them before the price hike.

I use the Rectangular Baker all the time. As a matter of fact, I just got a second one because I've found myself standing in my kitchen going, "Crap! My Rectangular Baker already has ___________ in it." I love it for potlucks. And, while it's just The Furry Guy and me, I make just as much lasagna, mac and cheese, and such as I did when we had a full house. It just takes us longer to eat it. That said, it sounds like the Medium Bar Pan is going to suit you best.

I feel the same way about the DCB ... What I love most about it is the lid ... so I can keep stuff in it.Roomie is kinda anti-stoneware and thinks that it burns stuff. Not true. It's our non-trustworthy oven that burns stuff.I got my sister a glazed rec. baker and then kicked myself b/c I would have liked one ... but I will probably get one the next time glazed ones are on sale.

I bought the Large Round Stone with handles simply because it is recommended for the Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip and it is great for those who insist on the old braid recipes (that's what I call them). We love the Medium one but sometimes the larger one would be better. Now I have it and I'm thrilled!

1. How do I choose the right size stoneware for my needs?

The size of stoneware you choose will depend on what you plan to use it for. Our smaller pieces, such as the Mini Fluted Pan, are great for individual servings or small dishes. Our larger pieces, like the Rectangular Baker, are perfect for family meals or larger portions. Consider what you will be cooking and how much you will need to determine the best size for you.

2. Can I use stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, our stoneware is microwave safe. However, be sure to follow the instructions on the package and do not use it in the microwave for longer than recommended. Also, do not preheat your stoneware in the microwave.

3. Can stoneware go in the dishwasher?

Yes, our stoneware is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of your stoneware and prevent any potential damage. If you do choose to use a dishwasher, make sure to place the stoneware on the top rack and avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners.

4. How do I prevent food from sticking to the stoneware?

To prevent food from sticking, make sure to season your stoneware before each use. This can be done by rubbing a small amount of oil onto the surface of the stoneware. You can also use cooking spray or parchment paper for additional nonstick protection. Avoid using metal utensils on the stoneware, as they can cause scratches and make it more prone to sticking.

5. How do I properly care for my stoneware?

To keep your stoneware in top condition, make sure to avoid sudden temperature changes. Do not put hot stoneware directly into cold water or place it on a cold surface, as this can cause it to crack. Allow your stoneware to cool down before cleaning it. Also, make sure to avoid using metal utensils and harsh cleaning products, and always hand wash or use the top rack of the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
  • Cape_PC