• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Phone Fear: Tips to Make Calls Less Intimidating

In summary, the best tip for overcoming phone fear is to practice and find a good motivator, such as rewarding yourself for each call made. Remember that "no" does not necessarily mean no forever, and to approach each call with a positive attitude and enthusiasm. Also, keep in mind the potential for earning money with each call, and use that as motivation to keep making them.
loreedfk
What is your best tip for overcoming phone fear - I really need to get on the phone, make some customer care calls and get some shows booked, but I so so hate the phone. So any suggestions to make it seem less painful, less intimidating, whatever would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Don't worry about the NO's! This has really gotten me down.:eek:

I still don't like to do it, but my bussiness has improved so much by using the phone I force myself to make the calls! I think I also related to the analogy of the waitress. Does the waitress get upset everytime a customer says no to dessert. "NO"
I used to be a server, so this is how I think of it when I make phone calls.

I promise it does get easier w/ time you just have to practice, the phone is are biggest friend in this biz!:D

I think we all have a fear of the phone in the beginning. I promise you, the more you do it, the easier it gets. That is one great thing about Pampered Chef. It's easier to get a yes than any other direct sales company. Believe me, I've tried a few others.

To get over my fear I had to just tell myself, either pick up the phone and get busy, or just forget this whole thing and go out and get a job :eek: That was enough to motivate me!

jenniferlynne said:
I think we all have a fear of the phone in the beginning. I promise you, the more you do it, the easier it gets. That is one great thing about Pampered Chef. It's easier to get a yes than any other direct sales company. Believe me, I've tried a few others.

To get over my fear I had to just tell myself, either pick up the phone and get busy, or just forget this whole thing and go out and get a job :eek: That was enough to motivate me!

Good point! Plus I have read somewhere on here that NO just means: Next Oppoortunity so move on to it!!!!

Have yet to practice this (still have the phone fear) but it's a good tip none the less!

My tip is PAY YOURSELF to make calls.

Find a good motivator for yourself (mine is Hershey kisses). For every call I make, I give myself a hershey kiss.

Or sometimes I will give myself 50c a call...with a pedicure as my goal ($25)...if I make 50 calls, I have earned a pedicure...find what motivcates you and use it!!

Practice, Practice, Practice....that's my advice but, I really like Carolyn's idea above!!

Great idea Carolyn! I always get myself to call someone because I would much rather hear a no over the phone than in person. I also have a fear of the phone, but it is easier to play it off over the phone!

I have a fear of the phone too. The advice here is wonderful.

Just remember that No isn't no to you. It could just mean not now. I always ask it its a good time.

My biggest fear isn't the call, its the possibility that they will do business with someone else. I read that in "Build It Big" and it really hit home.

I have a fear of the phone too, which is funny because at my other job I talk to complete strangers on the phone and in person. I love the idea of giving yourself something in making phone calls. I have noticed that it does get easier the more you do it and what they say is true practice makes perfect.

Like the saying says: JUST DO IT:D Just put a smile on your face, have excitement in your voice, & if they do say no-ask if you can call back in a couple of months to share the specials going on then.
Also, my director gave us a mini-$100 bill (fake!) awhile back & told us to tape it onto our phone. Since the average consultant makes $100 per show, just imaging every time you pick up the phone you could be making $100 if they do say yes!:D

1. How can I overcome my fear of making phone calls for work?

One tip is to make a script or outline of what you want to say before making the call. This will help you feel more prepared and confident. You can also practice with a friend or family member before making important calls.

2. What can I do to calm my nerves before making a phone call?

Take a few deep breaths and remind yourself that making calls is a normal part of your job. You can also try listening to calming music or doing a quick mindfulness exercise to help ease your nerves.

3. How can I handle rejection or difficult calls during my phone calls?

Remember that rejection is not personal and is a normal part of any sales job. Stay calm and professional, and focus on finding a solution or alternative for the customer. If necessary, you can also take a break and come back to the call later.

4. What should I do if I forget what to say during a phone call?

It's normal to forget things during a call, especially if you're feeling nervous. Keep a reference sheet or notes nearby and refer to them if needed. You can also ask the customer to repeat their question or request while you gather your thoughts.

5. How can I improve my phone call skills and confidence over time?

Practice makes perfect! The more calls you make, the more comfortable and confident you will become. You can also ask for feedback from your colleagues or supervisor, and make note of any areas you can improve on. Remember to be patient with yourself and celebrate small victories along the way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Humble Beginnings
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • RoseAndrews
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies