• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Bookings: Tips for Cold Calling from the Phone Book

cold calling.Jennifer,I've seen a couple of times on this website some of you talk about getting out the phone book and just going down the list to make calls for bookings, I was wondering if you had a script or something when you made these calls or did you just make it up with each call.I recently moved and don't know many people here yet, so I was considering picking up the phone book, but I am rather nervous about it. Weren't you afraid that people would just hang up?Advice please!
jennieqmire
I've seen a couple of times on this website some of you talk about getting out the phone book and just going down the list to make calls for bookings, I was wondering if you had a script or something when you made these calls or did you just make it up with each call. I recently moved and don't know many people here yet, so I was considering picking up the phone book, but I am rather nervous about it. Weren't you afraid that people would just hang up?
Advice please!
I haven't got any bookings for sept. yet :( The one I was counting on said she would feel more comfortable waiting until nov., and I don't want to place all my hopes on my Aug. 27th show for bookings.

ideaJennifer,
Somewhere I read that if you look through your paper... engagement announcements, babies, just sold houses, etc, you can get ideas for who to look up?

Good luck!!!

you could try...Jennifer~

If you have a church directory at your church, you could call from there. You could say, "Hi, I'm Jennifer. I go to XXXXX church with you...."

National Do Not Call ListI would think that you would need to abide by the National Do Not Call List for this. In my "other" career, there are strict guidellines with respect to cold calling. I would think that the National Do Not Call List would also pertain to a PC business as well.

If you are in violation of the NDNC list, the fines are steep.

Just a thought.

Cold Calls; Just My Opinion!!I am one of the ones that has posted about cold calling. I just tell people that I am expanding my business and would like to include them in a wonderful opportunity to earn Free kitchen tools.

My opinion on cold calls is if a person lists their phone number in a phone directory then they are fair game. If they ask how I got their number I remind them that it is listed in the phone book and if they would like I will take them off my call list. I then just highlight their name and number with a bright pink highlighter and DO NOT CALL THEM AGAIN!!! :D

Have you had much success with this or is your phone book entirely highlighted? :p

I started with "A" and made it to Adams before I received anything. I got 2shows and a maybe for a show and the opportunity. I, of course, got every kind of response, from hangups to screams, so don't be discouraged. Set a goal before you start and remain positive.

100 No'sI found this somewhere, and thought this was the perfect thread to post it under. Hope it is helpful to all.

Attachments

• s.doc
    32 KB · Views: 607
Thanks, Dawnthat was just what I needed.

Esther

too funny!
dawn424383 said:
I found this somewhere, and thought this was the perfect thread to post it under. Hope it is helpful to all.

That was too funny! Just what I needed to brighten my day/week! thanks!

I hate to drop a bomb or seem negative. I am on the do not call list and if some one calls me I get their name and number and report them. You can be fined!!! My number is listed in the phone book for legitimate people trying to find me, maybe a friend of one of my kids mom, not for people to call me when I have a lot more to be doing than answer the phone for people who do not even know me. Believe me I am not the only one who feels this way and there are LOTS of people who will report you. Please don't think I am being ugly but I felt you needed to know this view and I was just trying to be honest.

wow...strong opinionsi didn't realize that the opinions on this subject would differ so much. Anyway I got 2 bookings for the first week of sept. so I think I will hold off on the phone book for now. thanks for all the opinions don't know if they helped,(kinda scared me) I didn't realize the whole do not call thing. thanks for laying that side of things out there.

I hated to be so far at the other end, but in our area the telemarketers are awful. What is so weird is that I live in a small country town but lately there have been a lot of new people moving in. You can go as a PC consultant and download the list of do not call #'s in your area. It is free. My full time job is marketing with a Landscape company who needs to reach out to the locals and I guess that is why I take the DNC list so serious.

Where do you go to download your local Do Not Call list?

I would kind of have to go with Paydaymom on this one... I would NEVER do business with someone from a cold call. I am also on the do not call list. I might not report you the first time... but I wouldn't talk to you either.

just my 2 cents

What is the best way to start a cold call from the phone book?

The best way to start a cold call from the phone book is by introducing yourself and your company, and then asking if the person has a few minutes to chat about your products. It's important to be polite and respectful, and to avoid using a scripted pitch.

How can I make my cold calls more effective?

To make your cold calls more effective, do some research on the person or business you are calling beforehand. This will help you tailor your pitch and make a more personal connection. Additionally, be confident and enthusiastic about your products, and be prepared to answer any questions the person may have.

What should I do if the person I'm calling is not interested?

If the person you are calling is not interested, thank them for their time and ask if they know someone who might be interested. You can also offer to send them more information via email or mail. It's important to remain professional and respectful, even if the person is not interested in your products.

How can I follow up after a cold call?

After a cold call, it's important to follow up with the person or business you spoke with. This can be in the form of an email or a handwritten note, thanking them for their time and reiterating the benefits of your products. You can also offer to set up a meeting or send them a catalog.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when cold calling from the phone book?

Some common mistakes to avoid when cold calling from the phone book include sounding too scripted, being too pushy, and not being prepared for potential questions or objections. It's also important to respect the person's time and not to call too frequently or at inconvenient times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • rebajoe
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies