• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Phone App Frustration for Direct Sales Events

meaning the customer is added to the queue for a receipt and an order can be placed for them.We hope this information is helpful and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."The home office explains that the app was set up to send out receipts automatically, and that this is to insure customers leave the show with sales receipts. However, they advise that if an order is not entered with a receipt on the web site, the customer is added to the queue for a receipt and an order can be placed for them. They also mention that this is helpful information for those using the app.
byrd1956
Gold Member
I sent this to the home office but decided to post here since I am looking for any help/advice. This group is awesome at helping each other. (I apologize that this is somewhat long)I set up a July show on my computer with consultant as host for an event I was working.I added several orders via the website on my computer. I did not click to send receipts yet.I decided I would download the app to my Smart Phone and explore it while I had downtime at the event. I downloaded it at home and opened it so it would be current.At the event part of the time I was in airplane mode using the app and part of the time I was using my data.I put a ‘fake’ order in my sister’s name on my phone. (I planned on deleting the order when I was on my computer.)Within a short while my sister told me she received an e-mail saying she had placed an order. (I could not believe an e-mail was sent because I did not click to send a receipt.)I got back on my phone and found where I could delete the order and clicked it.When I got home I opened the app on my phone and logged in to sync everything.I decided to change the show host from consultant to my sister so when I was on my computer I logged in to do that. The first thing I noticed was my sister’s order was still in the show; although I had deleted it through my phone. I was disappointed that I could not change the host (I liked that we could do this very easily in P3). I set up a new show my sister’s name and added everyone’s orders to that.Meanwhile I my sister called to tell me she had received an e-mail saying her order had been cancelled.On the original show in the consultant’s name I deleted all the orders and then deleted the show.That evening I received an e-mail from someone that had placed an order at the event. They told me they received an e-mail saying their order had been cancelled! (I don’t understand that since I had not sent them a receipt about their order to begin with.) I replied telling them their order was not cancelled and how I had switched the orders to a different show. Then because I was afraid all the other guests received a cancellation notice I sent them an e-mail with those same details. (I did hear from one of them saying they did indeed receive a cancellation notice before they received my e-mail). I feel that this whole process made me look bad as a consultant.If the app on our phones sends an automatic receipt when an order is input I do not like that. I want to choose when to send the receipt when I am ready; for me it helps me keep track of things and does not mess me up when I am just practicing using the app. I have been very apprehensive in learning the app and now with this experience I do not want to use it again. If indeed a receipt is automatically sent when a customer’s order is put into the app is there a way to keep that from happening? Overall I thought it was easy to put the details of a customer’s order in via my phone. I just don’t want the receipt sent until I am ready. I was so glad that I used my sister as practice although she was scared I had actually placed a real order for her when she received the e-mail.Any helpful comments or advice?

Where you put the email use their phone number and add my tpc.com and it can't go anywhere

That's odd. I'd be interested to hear what the HO has to say.

I like what pcchefpat says. Then I can update things when I am on my computer.
Here is what I received from the home office.
"Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. The mobile app was set up to automatically send out a customer receipt when you check out a guest and save payment. This is insure a customer at a show leaves with a sales receipt. On the web site, when entering in orders, it's assumed a consultants like always, will be giving a hand written receipt to the customers(if not entered with the mobile app at the show). Also, one key piece of information, when orders are entered in on the web site, and no receipt is sent from there, when you log into the mobile app, the app sees the customer is paid and not receipt is sent out, so it sends a receipt automatically since it sees the customer is paid.When deleting orders from a show, emails are sent to the customer. My suggestion is that you remove the guest from the guest list instead of deleting the customers order. This way the system will not trigger the deleted order email.If you would like to submit feedback about the mobile app, then please use our new Feedback tool. Its possible other consultants would like to see an option on the mobile app to send receipts manually instead of automatic"

That is all information that would certainly have been helpful for us to know. I'm sure it's probably buried somewhere in a video or something, but still......not obvious (and certainly not logical!). I agree. Nothing should go out until you submit the show or select the receipt to be sent out.

Anyone else that feels the same way, don't forget to submit feedback to the home office. Thanks!

What is "Phone App Frustration"?

"Phone App Frustration" refers to the feelings of annoyance, irritation, and dissatisfaction that arise when using a mobile phone application. It can be caused by various factors such as technical glitches, confusing user interface, or slow performance.

Why do people experience "Phone App Frustration"?

People experience "Phone App Frustration" due to various reasons, including bugs and glitches within the app, poor user interface design, and slow loading times. Additionally, constantly changing app updates and compatibility issues can also contribute to frustration.

How can "Phone App Frustration" be avoided?

To avoid "Phone App Frustration," it is essential to regularly update the app to the latest version, ensure compatibility with your device, and report any bugs or issues to the app developers. Additionally, choosing apps with user-friendly interfaces and reading reviews before downloading can also help prevent frustration.

What can be done when experiencing "Phone App Frustration"?

If you are experiencing "Phone App Frustration," you can try troubleshooting steps such as closing and reopening the app, restarting your device, or clearing the app's cache. If the issue persists, you can reach out to the app's customer support for assistance or consider switching to a different app.

How can "Phone App Frustration" be managed?

To manage "Phone App Frustration," it is essential to have patience and try to identify the root cause of the frustration. Taking breaks from using the app, seeking help from others, or finding alternative apps can also help manage the frustration. Additionally, providing constructive feedback to app developers can potentially lead to improvements in the app's performance and reduce frustration in the long run.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AmyJo1026
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mspibb
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kmcorpening
  • esavvymom