• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Philly Steak Crescent Wreath Recipe...need It!!!

In summary, this conversation discusses a recipe for a Philly Beef Stuffed Sandwich. The recipe calls for a pizza crust, but other ingredients can be substituted. The recipe was invented by a 7 year old, and it is loved by all.
Andreamd8
Silver Member
Hi There,

I don't have the all the best cookbook yet. It's actually in the mail right now. Do any of you on here have the philly cheesesteak crescent roll wreath recipe??? Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!

I've never heard of this one.

For some reason I thought I remembered seeing it in the cookbook

theres the taco...?

I think it's in Stoneware Sensations..which I just had here a few minutes ago...and now it's lost on my desk. Give me 5 minutes...

aha! Philly Beef Stuffed Sandwich1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
3/4 cup onion, chopped
1 Tbs vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tsp dried oregano
2 packages refrigerated pizza crust
8 oz thinly sliced deli roast beef
8 oz thinly sliced American cheese
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 Tbs waterPreheat oven to 400 degrees. Using food chopper, chop bell pepper and onion. In (8") skillet heat oil over medium heat. Press garlic into oil. Add pepper, onion, and 1/2 tsp of oregano. Cook and stir 3-4 min. until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat. Unroll 1 pizza crust onto lightly floured surface. roll out crust to 12" x9" rectangle. cover with half of the beef, cheese and vegetable mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges. Starting at longest side of rectangle, roll up dough, jelly-roll fashion; press seam together to seal. Repeat with remaining crust and filling ingredients. Place rolls, seam sides down, on large round stone. Join ends together to form one large ring; press ends together to seal. In small bowl, combine egg white and water; brush onto dough, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp oregano. bake 20-25 min or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

Thanks...that's the one!!!! :)

Glad I could be of service. That recipe, btw, is the only way I can get my 7 year old to eat beef at all. It's very yummy. Though, we've decided it would be better with provolone cheese. We're not big fans of fake american cheese food product stuff here.

I think I might be making this for dinner....

I think I will try making it with crescent rolls in the wreath or braid instead of a pizza crust like it calls for.....

yes me too since its all i have on hand.

So, did anyone try it? I love Philly Steak and Cheese! Would love to know if yall liked this one before I try it too.

I make this all the time (with the Pizza dough) My Dh loves it ans so do kids. I also do something simmilar where I cook all the meat with the onion & pepper add cheese near the end and wrap them in flour tortillias. My kids LOVE it this way!!

Yeah, this sounds really yummy. I may have to try this some time soon.

1. Can I substitute the crescent rolls with a different type of dough?

Yes, you can use puff pastry, pizza dough, or even store-bought flatbread as a substitute for the crescent rolls in this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese?

Absolutely! While the recipe calls for provolone cheese, you can use any type of cheese that melts well, such as mozzarella, cheddar, or even a cheese blend. Feel free to experiment with different flavors to suit your taste.

3. How do I prevent the crescent rolls from getting soggy?

To prevent the crescent rolls from getting soggy, make sure to thoroughly drain the cooked steak and peppers before adding them to the wreath. You can also sprinkle some breadcrumbs on the bottom of the wreath before adding the filling to absorb any excess moisture.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the wreath up to a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. When ready to bake, remove from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before placing it in the oven.

5. Can I freeze the leftovers?

Yes, you can freeze the leftover wreath by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and then placing it in a freezer-safe bag or container. When ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes until warmed through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Andreamd8
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • jujubug
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • hileeboydston