1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Petite Pizza Puffs

1. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

Ok, so I had a host who wanted an appetizer that kids would like and found this one through consultant's corner. Well, you're supposed to ROLL the pizza dough. Let me just tell you, there's a reason pizza places don't roll pizza dough! I don't know how they expect you to do that! It took me an hour to make them today at my show! Has anyone else made them and been successful?!

May 19, 2009
  2. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

Was your dough room temp or cold?? And was the dough the pre-made pizza crust or home-made, etc? I've never had a problem with rolling out the dough as long as it's cold when it's the type in the can. If it gets the least bit "not straight from the fridge cold" then it's a bear to work with. I've never made these, but have worked with pizza dough a lot. Oh, and using some EVOO or other oil on top of the crust makes it easier to roll out too.

May 19, 2009
  3. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

This is whay it is imperitive to try new recipes at home first. Not every PC recipe is a good show recipe. I wish the bakers roller was still in the starter kit.

May 19, 2009
  4. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

I practiced all the other recipes at home first but this was a last minute decision for her to add on. One was straight out of the fridge, one was straight from the store so it had gotten a little less cold on the drive there.

May 19, 2009
  5. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

I agree that the dough was too cold. Pizza dough must be room temperature to work properly.

May 20, 2009
Have something to add?