• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pizza Roll Appetizers: My Struggles and Successes!

In summary, to make the perfect pizza rolls, preheat your oven, bake for recommended time, rotate halfway through, and let cool. For creative variations, use different cheese, veggies, meat, seasonings, or sauces. To prevent sogginess, thaw before baking, brush with oil, and let cool before serving. Pizza rolls can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer. Leftover pizza rolls can also be stored and reheated in the oven or microwave.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
Ok, so I had a host who wanted an appetizer that kids would like and found this one through consultant's corner. Well, you're supposed to ROLL the pizza dough. Let me just tell you, there's a reason pizza places don't roll pizza dough! I don't know how they expect you to do that! It took me an hour to make them today at my show! Has anyone else made them and been successful?!

Was your dough room temp or cold?? And was the dough the pre-made pizza crust or home-made, etc? I've never had a problem with rolling out the dough as long as it's cold when it's the type in the can. If it gets the least bit "not straight from the fridge cold" then it's a bear to work with. I've never made these, but have worked with pizza dough a lot. Oh, and using some EVOO or other oil on top of the crust makes it easier to roll out too.

This is whay it is imperitive to try new recipes at home first. Not every PC recipe is a good show recipe. I wish the bakers roller was still in the starter kit.

I practiced all the other recipes at home first but this was a last minute decision for her to add on. One was straight out of the fridge, one was straight from the store so it had gotten a little less cold on the drive there.

I agree that the dough was too cold. Pizza dough must be room temperature to work properly.

1. How do I make the perfect pizza rolls?

To make the perfect pizza rolls, start by preheating your oven to the recommended temperature on the package. Then, place the rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for the recommended time. Make sure to rotate the baking sheet halfway through to ensure even cooking. Let them cool for a few minutes before serving.

2. What are some creative variations for pizza roll appetizers?

Some creative variations for pizza roll appetizers include using different types of cheese, adding in veggies like bell peppers or mushrooms, and using different types of meat such as pepperoni, sausage, or bacon. You can also experiment with different seasonings or sauces for dipping.

3. How can I prevent my pizza rolls from getting soggy?

To prevent your pizza rolls from getting soggy, make sure to fully thaw them before baking. Additionally, you can brush them with a thin layer of olive oil before baking to create a barrier between the dough and toppings. Lastly, allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving to prevent steam from making them soggy.

4. Can I make pizza roll appetizers ahead of time?

Yes, pizza roll appetizers can be made ahead of time. You can assemble them and store them in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking. Alternatively, you can fully bake them and then reheat in the oven or microwave when ready to serve.

5. How do I store leftover pizza roll appetizers?

To store leftover pizza roll appetizers, let them cool completely before placing them in an airtight container or zip-top bag. They can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months. To reheat, simply bake in the oven or microwave until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
feather18
Replies
Views
pamperedpnina
  • PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209