• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effortless Homemade Pesto Recipe: Make It in Your Chopper!

In summary, the Pesto Made in the Chopper recipe requires fresh basil leaves, pine nuts (or substitutes like walnuts or almonds), garlic cloves, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and salt. The process takes about 10-15 minutes and the pesto can be stored for up to a week in the refrigerator or frozen for longer storage. It can be used in various dishes such as pasta, sandwiches, marinades, and dips.
its_me_susan
I know I saw this somewhere.... can't for the life of me remember how it's done! Does anyone know how to make pesto in the chopper?

I bought the basil....
:)

Hey thereIt tells you how to do it in the recipe for the caprise sandwiches. HTH

smarteez2 said:
It tells you how to do it in the recipe for the caprise sandwiches. HTH

THAT's where I saw it! thank you!

Hi there! Yes, you can definitely make pesto in the chopper! Here's a quick and easy recipe:Ingredients:
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to tasteInstructions:
1. Place basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, and garlic into the chopper.
2. Pulse until ingredients are finely chopped and well combined.
3. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to pulse.
4. Stop once the pesto reaches your desired consistency.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Enjoy on pasta, sandwiches, or as a dip!Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients are needed for the Pesto Made in the Chopper recipe?

The Pesto Made in the Chopper recipe requires fresh basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic cloves, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and salt.

2. Can I use a different type of nut besides pine nuts?

Yes, you can substitute pine nuts with walnuts or almonds for a different flavor. You can also omit the nuts altogether for a nut-free version.

3. How long does it take to make Pesto Made in the Chopper?

The entire process takes about 10-15 minutes, including preparation and blending in the chopper.

4. Can I make a large batch of Pesto Made in the Chopper and store it for later use?

Yes, you can make a large batch of Pesto Made in the Chopper and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze it for longer storage.

5. Can I use the Pesto Made in the Chopper for other dishes besides pasta?

Absolutely! Pesto Made in the Chopper can be used as a spread on sandwiches, as a marinade for chicken or fish, or even as a dip for vegetables. Get creative and experiment with different ways to use your homemade pesto.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
raebates
  • jrstephens
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies