• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why am I getting a Direct access prohibited message on personal websites?

In summary, it seems like there are a lot of problems with different things on the website, and it is not just one thing. Hope the issue is resolved soon.
reesefamily5
Okay has anyone else noticed that when you look at someones personnal website that sometimes when you go to look at the news or calendar sections that you get this message: "Direct access to this page is prohibited".

I noticed if you re-click on the home page and then try again on the news or calendar pages it sometimes works.

But I just had a customer complain about this to me this morning. So if we are having this problem then how many orders are we missing out on because it happens to customers too and they just don't try it again?:mad:

I have had it happen to me with my own webpage. I know I have looked at other consultants and the same thing has happened. I don't know why. But yes, it concerns me that customers are coming to my webpage and see that message. Seems like there are ALOT of issues with different things. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Log inHow long has it been since you've logged in to update your site? I found that as soon as I logged in through CC, that message for my visitors went away. Not sure why that happens, but at least that fixes it for now! You don't actually have to 'update' it, just go in to where you would and then you can log out and it's fine. Seems to last a couple days, then have to do it again. :(

I update my site a few days, I have a fundraiser going on for my daughter's school, and post the guests sales every couple days.. So that everyone knows what it is up to... But still get that message occassionally..

These are off another message board, HTH

Ok...just got off the phone with tech support.

Looks like I'm not the only one! cajunchelle and I were just talking and she's having the same problem. Then the tech support guy says hold on...

He talks to his supervisor.... His supervisor said it's something that has been reported by a lot of consultants and the issue has been passed on to the development department. He doesn't have a time frame as to when the issue will be resolved but will email me when he hears anything.

So the good news...I'm not completely crazy. The bad news...no time frame!!

Guess that direct linking thing is coming back to kick them in the butts! Sure it's no problem for me to click my Need a Recipe? link first to get to see my other news...but if I were a customer and had no interest in my 3 news pieces on the homepage and went directly to >more and got that message, I'd close the window down and forget it! Not good!

Grrr....

Michelle

Michelle,

I noticed the same problem, and it is not you. Mine does it, and so does my director and a sister director.

From what I can tell, if you try to access any of the categories on top you will get an error message. From the bottom, they are fine. I hope that makes sense.

Also, if you go to another category (i.e. products - from the bottom link, of course) you can then go to other areas of the site without problem. It is just the home page links that seem screwed up.

Michelle,
I had those problems and it drove me crazy. I couldn't update my site easily. I called tech support and they said my problem was I was using AOL. Now, I get internet access by logging on to my AOL, but then actually access my webite or PWS assistant through Microsoft Internet Explorer. Now, I've got no problems! Not sure if you use AOL. but hope that helps.
Christy

I called tech support yesterday, 4/13 about such problems with my website and they said that they are working on solving all those issues and it should be resolved soon...

yep-I have had that problem too! Thought I was the only one *whew*

1. How do I access my personal website?

To access your personal website, go to the Pampered Chef website and click on the "Log In" button in the top right corner. Enter your consultant ID and password, and then click on the "My Personal Website" link in the menu.

2. Why am I having trouble logging into my personal website?

There could be several reasons why you are having trouble logging into your personal website. Make sure you are using the correct consultant ID and password. If you have forgotten your password, you can click on the "Forgot Password" link on the login page to reset it. If you are still having trouble, please contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance.

3. How do I customize my personal website?

To customize your personal website, log in and click on the "My Personal Website" link. From there, you can click on the "Edit Site" button to change the layout, colors, and content of your website. You can also add your own photos and text to make it more personalized.

4. Can I add my own products to my personal website?

Yes, you can add your own products to your personal website. Log in and click on the "My Personal Website" link, then click on the "Add Products" button. You can choose from a selection of Pampered Chef products or add your own custom products. Keep in mind that any custom products must comply with Pampered Chef's policies and guidelines.

5. How do I share my personal website with others?

To share your personal website with others, you can simply give them the URL or web address of your website. You can also share it on social media or through email. Additionally, Pampered Chef offers customizable business cards with your personal website URL that you can give to potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • Poll
  • PamperchefJames
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperchefJames
  • Chefstover2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service