• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Personal Web Site Assistant on Pampered Partner giving me an error page?

In summary, there seems to be a recurring issue with the Personal Web Site Assistant button on Pampered Partner, resulting in an error page. Despite efforts to fix the issue, such as updating cookies and browsers, the problem persists. Some suggestions have been to switch to Internet Explorer instead of AOL, or to try using Mozilla as a browser. However, it is speculated that McAfee security software may be causing problems as well. Some have had success with turning off the McAfee firewall, but others are hesitant to do so. It is recommended to contact McAfee for assistance, or to try purchasing the website on a different computer without AOL.
ChefJesssica
Every time I push the Personal Web Site Assistant button on Pampered Partner I get an error page. I fixed all my cookies, updated my browser, but I still get the error page. I have tried openeing it on Internet Explorer instead of AOL. Has anyone else had this issue? Pampered Chef hasn't told me anything that would fix it. They keep telling me to update my browser. It is updated. And my computer isnt very old, we just got it in October. Any ideas?:confused:

I used to have a lot of problems just like you are describing when I had AOL. Now that I don't have AOL I have not had that problem (knock on wood)! I would just keep opening up in Internet Explorer until you get it right. Sorry!:(

You may try emailing HO a suggestion about the troubles you are having while in the AOL browser and using the website. I know you called them but it does not hurt to have it in writing too!

I have AOL and mine does the same thing. I also have AOL explorer and it will let me through that but not with my AOL. I thought it was just me doing something wrong or their site. I've tried everything you have and I can't seem to fix it either.

I am about to lose my mind over this! I spent over an hour speaking with someone today over the issue. I only open up the Internet Explorer and I try over and over. I have emailed Pampered Chef a few times and they say to call, then I call, spend an hour, the guy tells me I have to register and buy the website before I can see the screen, but when I get switched over to the people to buy the web site, she tells me I can only register online through that button that wont work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEN I get a whole NEW guy telling me to delete my cookies and files!!I am really starting to hate Pampered Chef Solution Center!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have all the explorers and they don't work! This is driving me nuts! Any more suggestions? Or should I just give up on the personal web site?

I am lost - what button are you pushing and why??

Leea:cool:

Don't give up on the personal website. What I would suggest is to go over to a friends house that doesn't use AOL or go somewhere like Kinko's and rent the computer for the few minutes it takes to buy the website. It will be worth the hassle in the end.

I was able to have a friend sign up for the website for me over the phone, but now I get the error message for any link I push on the Welcome page. I don't even open up the AOL at all anymore, I just go straight through Internet Explorer.

Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to fix it? I have been emailing Pampered Chef again, of course, they have been no help. They keep telling me to delete my cookies. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I do not use Internet Explorer. I use a program called MOZILLA. Very user friendly. less pop ups, it is free. I have never had a problem with the website or when I purchased it. It is worth a try. you can search for it, free download, no fees, very easy.

I tried MOZILLA, but I got the same results. I am starting to wonder if its my McAfee security thing. Does anyone has McAfee security thing? Did it cause a problem with your website?

ChefJesssica said:
I tried MOZILLA, but I got the same results. I am starting to wonder if its my McAfee security thing. Does anyone has McAfee security thing? Did it cause a problem with your website?

i would bet it is mcafee. it makes me crazy at work and won't let me email pictures for our monthly church newsletter. i have to save the pictures, take them home and email them from here off my laptop at home. i hate mcafee! delete that and try, i bet the website will work for you.

I disabled the McAfee firewall and that didnt help. What other part of McAfee would cause this? I am scared to shut it down becasue viruses tore up our other computer. I am wondering if I should shut it down, but I know my husband would freak out! I am looking to see if there is someplace on the McAfee website where they would help me out, but I havent been lucky yet.

I really appreciate everyone's suggestions and help. This computer is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!

I have McAfee and have never had an issue with it interfering with anything that I am doing.

GUESS WHAT!!! I am SO EXCITED! I went to the McAfee website and explained my problem and the lady showed me hoe to addd the web address to the McAfee stuff and NOW IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO HAPPY! And I didn't have to shut down any of my McAfee protection (which makes me happy because I am so scared of viruses and stuff like that ruining the computer) YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maryhenderlite said:
I do not use Internet Explorer. I use a program called MOZILLA.

I also use MOZILLA and love it!! My Mom just had some work done on her computer and the gal who did the work told me there is an update for MOZILLA because there is a hole or something in it for people to be able to access your info. Go to the MOZILLA home page to find out the info. If you have any problems let me know - I updated mine already and I might remember what I did to help you.

Good Luck!
Leea:cool:

Don't blame the work enviromentI have the Windows XP firewall on my laptop at home and I was having problems as well getting into my own website. I too had to find the place where you need to add the website to the approved list.
Those firewalls and anti-virus things are great except when you can not figure out why you can't get somewhere.
As for the lady trying to send pictures for a personal church project from work, guess what? That has little to do with the firewall or the anit-virus stuff persay. It has everything to do with what your bosses decided was unacceptable transmissions through your works environment.
I know because I work in my company's IT department and we had to put in a list of over 10000 unacceptable places people could go on the internet as well as what was concidered unacceptable things to get or send through e-mail. We keep adding to it daily. After all, your bosses own the system.
So they decide what can be done with it. As I was told here at work, when you start paying for the programs, equipment and maintenace, then you can decide what is acceptable. So keep that in mind the next time you try to send or get pics from outside the company on your company e-mail or website.

1. What is a Personal Web Site Assistant?

A Personal Web Site Assistant is a customizable website that is provided to Pampered Chef consultants as a tool to help them promote and sell their products.

2. How do I access my Personal Web Site Assistant?

You can access your Personal Web Site Assistant by logging into your Pampered Chef consultant account and clicking on the "My Website" tab.

3. Can I customize my Personal Web Site Assistant?

Yes, you can customize your Personal Web Site Assistant by adding your own branding, photos, and information about your business.

4. Is there a cost for using the Personal Web Site Assistant?

No, there is no additional cost for using the Personal Web Site Assistant. It is included as part of your consultant membership with Pampered Chef.

5. Can I track my sales through my Personal Web Site Assistant?

Yes, you can track your sales and orders through your Personal Web Site Assistant. It also provides tools for managing customer information and hosting online parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JeannePaff
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
WoodenSpoon
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mtayloruh