• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Requesting a FEMA Waiver: Q&A for Jen

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of submitting a waiver for personal reasons, specifically in a FEMA-disaster area. There is confusion about whether a response will be received through email or mail, and it is advised to call Home Office for clarification. It is also mentioned that when submitting a waiver, it is important to specify how many months it is needed for. One person shares their experience of only being granted a one-month waiver and having to resubmit for a longer time period. It is also mentioned that a confirmation email from Home Office will state the month in which sales need to be submitted again.
jdavis
Since I have never sent in a waiver, I was wondering if anyone had an answer for me.
When you email a request for a waiver (fema-disaster area) do they email you an answer, or just send it in the mail, I think that it just said when I hit submit that I would get an answer in the MAIL? Just wondering, slacking, I should have sent it in before now, but I was hoping to get an answer real soon, and not have to wait on snail-mail. TIA-Jen

Everyone knows my waver.
leaf_blower.jpg

TY - just one more service we graciously provide here.

We? What do you mean we, you got a mouse in your pocket?

By the way when I was in highschool, one of the teachers said that to a classmate and she was baffled, lol, was nothing we didn't expect from her though, lmao.

We always speak in first person plural when we are accepting accolades.

KG's using the royal we. He can because he's a royal pain in the ... you know.If you haven't heard about the waiver, give HO a call. It may have gotten lost in the post-conference shuffle.

jdavis said:
Since I have never sent in a waiver, I was wondering if anyone had an answer for me.
When you email a request for a waiver (fema-disaster area) do they email you an answer, or just send it in the mail, I think that it just said when I hit submit that I would get an answer in the MAIL? Just wondering, slacking, I should have sent it in before now, but I was hoping to get an answer real soon, and not have to wait on snail-mail. TIA-Jen

Hi Jennifer!

I have helped Consultants submit waivers for personal reasons, but never for FEMA-Disaster areas. Therefore, I do not have an answer for you. Definitely worth a call to Home Office.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Lisa

Be sure when you submit the waiver, you let them know how many months you want it for. I had a consultant submit one last week since she moved and they only granted her a one-month waiver. She has to submit $200 before the end of July. She thought she would have 3 months to get back on her feet. I called and they told me they will only grant 1 month unless it is specified in the e-mail how long you want. Now she has to resubmit the waiver and hope for a second approval. UGH!

Well when I submitted it I didn't specify how long, just stated that I was in a fema disaster area and wouldn't be able to submit anything in the near future or something like that. I am barely keeping myself active right now, since I have been too busy with the kids and other jobs to get anything done, I just don't want to lose what I have worked for until I do have time to really kick this thing in gear.

You should get a confirmation e-mail from HO regarding your waiver and it will tell you the month that you need to submit sales again. If it's only for a month, you can request 2 more. Good luck! :)

1. What is a FEMA waiver and why would I need one?

A FEMA waiver is a request to the Federal Emergency Management Agency for an exception or modification to their rules or regulations. It may be needed if you are unable to comply with certain requirements due to extenuating circumstances or if you believe the requirements are unreasonable or unnecessary for your situation.

2. Who can request a FEMA waiver?

Anyone can request a FEMA waiver, including individuals, businesses, and government agencies. However, it is important to note that not all requests will be granted and there is a specific process that must be followed in order to submit a waiver request.

3. How do I request a FEMA waiver?

To request a FEMA waiver, you will need to complete a FEMA Form 90-24, Request for Waiver of Public Assistance Eligibility Requirements. This form can be found on FEMA's website or by contacting your local FEMA representative. You will need to provide detailed information about your situation and why you believe a waiver is necessary.

4. Is there a deadline for requesting a FEMA waiver?

Yes, there is a deadline for submitting a FEMA waiver request. Typically, the deadline is 60 days from the date of the disaster declaration, but this may vary depending on the specific situation. It is important to submit your request as soon as possible to ensure that it is considered in a timely manner.

5. What happens after I submit a FEMA waiver request?

After you submit your FEMA waiver request, it will be reviewed by FEMA officials. They may request additional information or documentation to support your request. Once a decision is made, you will be notified in writing. If your request is granted, you will be provided with instructions on how to proceed. If your request is denied, you may appeal the decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MicheleC
  • Symara
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies