• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stroke of Genius: Offering a Personal Consultation for Wedding Registries

In summary, the woman at the recent show complimented me on my work and asked if I could help her set up a wedding registry for her stepdaughter. I explained that it was easy and that I would be happy to help. I also offered to set up a time to meet with her and her stepdaughter to go over the products.
raebates
Staff member
I had a stroke of genius the other day. (No, it didn't hurt. ;))

A woman at a recent show said that she was interested in talking with me about setting up a Wedding Registry for her stepdaughter. She also made note of this on her survey slip. I was honored. You see, she did a show last November with another consultant, so I felt it was a compliment that she was interested in working with me on this.

Of course, you and I both know there's not really much of anything for the consultant to do when it comes to a registry. The bride and groom go online and choose what they want. Easy.

I was going over the survey slips a few days later, reading and enjoying the comments, when I came to hers. Many of you know my philosophy of direct sales. It's not unique to me. People can buy the products from other consultants or online. They don't need me. It's my customer care that makes them want me.

That's when the stroke of genius hit. I called her and told her that, as she could see from the information I had given her at the party, setting up a registry is easy. Her stepdaughter just needs to go to my website and follow the instructions. However, I know that many people, especially young brides, have questions about the products. I would be glad to set a time to meet with the two of them (and the groom, too) to walk them through the process and answer any questions about the products along the way.

She was very happy. The wedding's next spring. Her stepdaughter is in Florida until mid-August. I told her I'd give her a call the first week of September unless I heard from her.

Here's my thought. No, I won't technically make anything at all from the long drive (she's about 90 minutes away from me) or the time in the meeting. Still, I'll make commission of anything purchased from her registry. And, think about it. I'll be the PC Consultant who helped. Who do you think she'll suggest if someone mentions PC?

I've decided to start making sure I mention that I'll give a personal consultation for anyone doing a Wedding Registry. It can't hurt.

I think that sounds like a wonderful idea! And I would think the Bride would be more likely to mention her PC registry to inquiring guests if you spend the extra time going over the products and helping her fall in love with them.

Could you maybe take a few small products with you to show the quality? Esp. the cookware (like the 8" saute pan) to help her fall in love even more. Most of the products sell themselves, but with the higher priced items, it helps to see & feel the product. Just a thought.

I actually offer that as a service to all my bridal showers. I tell them that if they would love to meet in person to go over the products and see some in person that we can set up a time to do so. I'm a visual person so seeing stuff in the catalog doesn't actually do anything for me. I haven't had anyone take me up on it yet but it makes me feel good to offer this.

It really does make a difference. For each of my registries, I keep in contact with the bride. Those who've used my registry are familiar with PC products and are happy to create the registry. I tell them to invite a friend (maid of honor, mom, etc) and to create the registry together. It's like window shopping with a friend. They can have coffee, a drink while they do it. Another had fun shopping with her fiance.

After the registry is created, I call her to discuss and build enthusiasm for her choices. I also suggest other items she may find handy that she did not include.

I "host coach" her to tell everyone about the registry. It goes a long way at her excitement for her gifts, and the sales are always nice. = )

What is a "Stroke of Genius" personal consultation for wedding registries?

A "Stroke of Genius" personal consultation is a unique service offered by Pampered Chef where a consultant will work with the engaged couple to create a custom registry that fits their lifestyle and needs.

How does the personal consultation process work?

The personal consultation process starts with the couple filling out a questionnaire so the consultant can understand their preferences and needs. The consultant will then schedule a one-on-one meeting where they will discuss and curate a custom registry together.

What benefits does a "Stroke of Genius" consultation offer?

A "Stroke of Genius" consultation offers a personalized and stress-free registry experience. The consultant will provide expert advice, help the couple prioritize their wishlist, and ensure they have everything they need for their new life together.

Is there a cost for the personal consultation service?

No, the personal consultation service is completely free for engaged couples. It's just another way Pampered Chef strives to make the wedding registry process easier and more enjoyable.

Can we add non-Pampered Chef items to our registry during the consultation?

Yes, the consultant can help the couple add non-Pampered Chef items to their registry during the consultation. The couple can also choose to add non-Pampered Chef items on their own through the online registry tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • DebPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • CMHC