• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make Delicious Mac and Cheese

In summary, there is a Blizzard Warning in effect for today and tomorrow. People are stocking up on supplies because there is potential for significant snowfall.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
017.gif

THANKS! :D

We have a Blizzard Warning for this afternoon and all day tomorrow. I'm stocked up on everything we need to be happy here, and I'm ready to hibernate and have fun!

Ugh, we are right in the middle of it! There was so much snow on the roof it blocked the pipe to the furnace and blew out our pilot light! DH had to get on the roof to uncover it. We are home from work too.

Weatherman calling for snow - no milk, no TP, and no eggs in the stores...

they called for snow last night.... we got none.. so what to do with 5 gal. of milk and 80 rolls of TP and the 6 doz eggs I got.....

colegrovet said:

they called for snow last night.... we got none.. so what to do with 5 gal. of milk and 80 rolls of TP and the 6 doz eggs I got.....

LOL - that sounds like people in SC when I lived there! If there was even a possibility of snow, the stores were emptied of milk, eggs, bread, TP...oh, and liquor.

We have games, books, movies, a couple craft projects, stuff to bake cookies, and plenty of other food. Didn't even think to check the TP status...but I'm sure there is plenty! (I always have an extra pack in house)

When we lived in Kentucky, people didn't grab milk and bread, they grabbed soda and frozen pizza. :D

I always have to laugh when I seen them exiting the stores with just those items.. as if they think they will be snowed in for a month..

colegrovet said:

It just kills me seeing the same thing here in Delaware, or how the schools are delayed today for the rain. (It's 55 out).

I grew up in the snow belt in upstate New York, we were frequently snowed in for days, and if we could get out we took the snowmobile to the local market for some milk.

robochick84 said:
It just kills me seeing the same thing here in Delaware, or how the schools are delayed today for the rain. (It's 55 out).

I grew up in the snow belt in upstate New York, we were frequently snowed in for days, and if we could get out we took the snowmobile to the local market for some milk.

LOL.. I grew up in Northern PA, if we got snowed in, it was go to the barn and get milk, and to the chicken coop for eggs.. :)

I had about 10" of wet, heavy, global warming on my driveway this morning. There's more on the way - Hizzoner, Governor Diamond Jim declared a state of emergency (oh, please. This is Wisconsin, this is winter) in all 72 counties and all state offices are closed. 18" in Madison, maybe that had something to do with it. Only 2" in places closer to Lake Michigan. There's more coming tonight. The television stations are all in full-time REPENT! THE WHITE DEATH IS COMING! mode, with the obligatory reports from hardware stores and the salt yards.This is a whopper and it's snowing in places it shouldn't be snowing (like Phoenix) and one local meteorologist is saying this may be the biggest snowfall to hit Wisconsin in a long time - if not in history. I dunno - there was a major storm in April 1973 that closed Milwaukee for three days and I wasn't around for the winter of 1948 but the pictures are pretty scary. If they think it's gonna be worse that those, well, we're gonna get clobbered. So it goes.The tops of my arbor vitae were touching the snow this morning. I busted the snow off of them, but they're still pretty badly bowed over. I hope they come back.

The word "SNOW" makes everyone go crazy. I am also tired of watching the TV reports about road crews and hardware stores. I wonder if they are the same stories pre-recorded from years gone by and just repeated when the "SNOW" starts coming our way. Hmmm?? I can't prove it yet but will watch with a close eye from now on for proof.

In northern Missouri, we have 5-6" and bone chilling cold. Yuck!! I am sitting at the computer listening to the best winter sound of all. My son shoveling the driveway. I couldn't wait for him to grow into that chore.

I haven't even ventured out to the grocery store. I might have a mini crisis right here in my own home. I had better check the cupboards. I really don't panic because I can see the grocery store out the kitchen window. I could just walk over there if need be.

I guess I should go and make something warm for my son. He looks really cold out there on the driveway. Brrr...

babywings76 said:
When we lived in Kentucky, people didn't grab milk and bread, they grabbed soda and frozen pizza. :D

When I was a teenager we got stuck at my best friend's house for three days. There was another friend plus her brother and sister there. Her dad went to the gas station to get provisions: Mt Dew, frozen pizzas, hamburger helper, donuts and pop tarts! I remember it like it was yesterday, he said the clerk gave him the weirdest look until he told him he had 5 teenagers stranded at his house!

We lucked out and only got an inch or so. But it's REALLY windy here now. Something around the front door makes a terrible whistle when the wind is coming hard from just the right direction. I keep hearing it whistle today. It's a good day to sit on the couch under a wool afghan. (Good thing I'm doing just that!)

I guess I'll be the Bah Humbug'er on this post. It's 83 degrees outside. And the only "weather" we're expecting in this state anytime soon is rain. Lots and lots and lots of rain. I just hope we get another cold snap soon so it FEELS like Christmas just a little more this year. :(

sklay723 said:
I guess I'll be the Bah Humbug'er on this post. It's 83 degrees outside. And the only "weather" we're expecting in this state anytime soon is rain. Lots and lots and lots of rain. I just hope we get another cold snap soon so it FEELS like Christmas just a little more this year. :(

I was in Ft Lauderdale right before Thanksgiving! I'm missing it right now. It was so gorgeous and warm! But it did feel weird to have 85 degree weather and Christmas decorations out!

It's 71 here now; the rain and strong storms have passed and we have sun for a while. Wahoo!​

I agree with KG's first post. I am NOT dreaming of a white Christmas. Don't need to dream about what's usually reality. And, I'm sure it's because of global warming that it's snowing in places where it shouldn't be snowing, like Phoenix.

It's windy here ... and tomorrow they are calling for snow. I've got a nasty cold and SHOULD HAVE called off the last two days. I got like zero sleep last night. So if it's the big one, my cold will take a sudden turn for the worst. Our office functions regardless of rain, snow, sleet or bizzard, so the weather is no excuse ... even when the office is 17 miles away.Heading home to have some yummy potato and corn chowder. Well, it's the first time I've made it, so I sure hope it's yummy!

I love snow. I can't say I love the gale-force winds we're having today, though. Think I'm going to run a nice, hot bath and warm myself up.

I hate snow maybe I shouldn't be living in Ct , I have 12 shows for January and the SNOW better not fall on my Parties !
You florida consultants have it made shows in warm weather all year round I am so jealuos

raebates said:
I love snow. I can't say I love the gale-force winds we're having today, though. Think I'm going to run a nice, hot bath and warm myself up.

I don't ordinarily mind snow, in fact, I kinda like this. Last night, though, it wasn't really snow, it was concrete.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I don't ordinarily mind snow, in fact, I kinda like this. Last night, though, it wasn't really snow, it was concrete.

I had that same stuff in my driveway this morning. :( My back is killing me now from the concrete removal I did earlier today.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I shoveled this concrete here in northern NY this afternoon. I am sure my back will have some revenge planned for me!! We now await lake effect snow and the winds blowing in from the storm heading our way. Although I do love the different seasons, I am one of those people who welcome and love the snow. Added benefit is that I work in a school system that closes if the weather is too bad!!!:D

I'm so glad we got mostly rain:)! Now it's snowing and blowing like crazy (not really sticking much though) and very cold - I'm so glad I didn't have a show tonight.

I could live in Florida!

robochick84 said:

Where did you live in upstate NY? We get lake effect where I am, but about 40 to 50 miles south of here right off from Lake Ontario, they are calling for 4 feet of snow by Saturday (and it is Wednesday night!):eek:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I had about 10" of wet, heavy, global warming on my driveway this morning. There's more on the way - Hizzoner, Governor Diamond Jim declared a state of emergency (oh, please. This is Wisconsin, this is winter) in all 72 counties and all state offices are closed. 18" in Madison, maybe that had something to do with it. Only 2" in places closer to Lake Michigan.

Totally OT, but hey, KG, we're going to be in Madison in early August for the U.S. Transplant Games. How far are you?

About 90 minutes. :)Except in snow, of course.

colegrovet said:

Um. Where I come from, them's the ingredients for a three-day long hootenanny!

1. How do I make creamy mac and cheese without using processed cheese?

To make a delicious mac and cheese without processed cheese, you can use a combination of real cheeses such as cheddar, gruyere, and Parmesan. Grate the cheeses and mix them with a roux (butter and flour mixture) to create a creamy cheese sauce. Avoid using pre-shredded cheese as they often have additives that can affect the texture and flavor of your mac and cheese.

2. Can I use any type of pasta for mac and cheese?

Yes, you can use any type of pasta for mac and cheese. However, it is best to use a pasta shape with ridges or holes to help hold the sauce better. Some popular pasta choices for mac and cheese include elbow macaroni, shells, and rotini.

3. How do I prevent my mac and cheese from becoming dry?

To prevent your mac and cheese from becoming dry, make sure to not overcook your pasta. Cook it until it is al dente, or slightly firm to the bite. Also, make sure to reserve some of the pasta cooking water and add it to your cheese sauce. The starch in the water will help thicken and emulsify the sauce, keeping it creamy and preventing it from becoming dry.

4. Can I add vegetables or meat to my mac and cheese?

Yes, you can definitely add vegetables or meat to your mac and cheese for added flavor and nutrition. Some popular options include broccoli, bacon, and chicken. Simply cook the vegetables or meat separately and then mix them into the mac and cheese before baking.

5. Is there a substitute for milk in mac and cheese?

If you are lactose intolerant or do not have milk on hand, you can use alternative dairy products such as almond milk or coconut milk in your mac and cheese. You can also use a combination of chicken or vegetable broth and cream for a richer flavor. Simply use the same amount of the substitute as you would for milk in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• suzipooh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
suzipooh
  • dymplz8
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • SusanBP0129