• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is PC's Personal Discount as Generous as it Seems?

In summary, a consultant shares their experience with placing a personal order during a month with a 20% guest special and receiving a 30% discount. They are unsure if this is allowed and ask for clarification. Another consultant confirms that PC is generous in this aspect. Later, another consultant expresses disappointment in not knowing about this before and explains the difficulty in remembering all policies. A solution is suggested to do a personal order in P3 instead of adding oneself to a show. The conversation ends with a discussion about the purpose of CS and the importance of consulting the official policies for information.
legacypc46
Gold Member
This is the first time I'm placing a personal order during a month when the guest special is 20% off something. P3 is allowing me to input the discounted item numbers and then applying my discount (30% for me) to that amount. Before I push the send button, I want to be sure I'm not going to get an involuntary adjustment down the road.

So, for those much more rules saavy than me...is PC really this generous to us?

yes, PC is that generous to you.

Yet another reason to love this company....
thanks deb

ps. I just saved over $30! :chef:

Okay, now I'm sad. I submitted an order 7 hours ago and have never known that we could add the guest special on a personal order. I've been a consultant since March of last year & this is the first I've heard this. :(

Sheila said:
Okay, now I'm sad. I submitted an order 7 hours ago and have never known that we could add the guest special on a personal order. I've been a consultant since March of last year & this is the first I've heard this. :(

It's right in the Policies and Procedures. Have you read them?

Yes. But I also have a 22 month old & a 6 month old, so obviously not everything sticks. LOL

Deb you are an awsome member of CS, and I usually enjoy reading your responses and learning from you. However, I want to point out the policy guide is 38 pages long, not including the Table of Contents and forms. Not all of us are able to memorize that much information. Just because someone reads it doesn't mean they'll remember every single aspect. Isn't that the point of CS? To answer each others questions and offer guidance?

I am not sure how to do this. When I put in the HU or HV number, it tells me these numbers can not be used as a personal order.

They would be the GR numbers for the guest special.

legacypc46 said:
This is the first time I'm placing a personal order during a month when the guest special is 20% off something. P3 is allowing me to input the discounted item numbers and then applying my discount (30% for me) to that amount. Before I push the send button, I want to be sure I'm not going to get an involuntary adjustment down the road.

So, for those much more rules saavy than me...is PC really this generous to us?

Is there something special I should be doing? I want to order the last 2 pieces of stoneware I don't have tonight. I have entered it in P3 under my name as a guest and discount is not showing for me.

correct me if i am wrong...which i might be but i believe they are talking about you needing to do an actual personal order in P3, not add yourself to a show. otherwise P3 won't give you your consultant discount...i could be wrong but i think that might work.

pampchefsarah said:
Deb you are an awsome member of CS, and I usually enjoy reading your responses and learning from you. However, I want to point out the policy guide is 38 pages long, not including the Table of Contents and forms. Not all of us are able to memorize that much information. Just because someone reads it doesn't mean they'll remember every single aspect. Isn't that the point of CS? To answer each others questions and offer guidance?

Answering questions and offering guidance doesn't necessarily extend to things that are already in official form from HO, in a document format that is searchable. Reading the policies should give someone a general idea of what's there, so they can go back and do a specific search in the future. Nobody is asking anyone to memorize every single word. But, frankly, it should be unnecessary to have to post "check the policies" for 50 questions a day that could have been avoided had the askers just done a quick search first.

pampchefsarah said:

chefann said:
Answering questions and offering guidance doesn't necessarily extend to things that are already in official form from HO, in a document format that is searchable. Reading the policies should give someone a general idea of what's there, so they can go back and do a specific search in the future. Nobody is asking anyone to memorize every single word. But, frankly, it should be unnecessary to have to post "check the policies" for 50 questions a day that could have been avoided had the askers just done a quick search first.

The Policies and Procedures should be read by every consultant when he/she starts his/her business. Even though they are impossible to memorize, if you had read them, you would remember that there was *something* in there about ordering guest specials and then could go back to the P&P, which as Ann pointed out, is a searchable document behind CC, and find the correct answer.

Part of running your own business is not having all the answers, but knowing where to find them. Whenever one of my team members calls me with a question, I do not give them the answer right away, I ask them where they've looked for the answer so far and point them in the right direction.

PamperedChefLayla said:
Is there something special I should be doing? I want to order the last 2 pieces of stoneware I don't have tonight. I have entered it in P3 under my name as a guest and discount is not showing for me.

You have to enter it as a Personal Order which is one of the types of Non Commissionable orders. Click the button at the top for "New Non-Commissionable Order" and then choose Personal Order. Use the Guest Special numbers, and it'll apply your discount.

Do we pay more than $4.25 for shipping, especially if we've done a supply or sample order for the month??

Just wondering. I forgot about this and I've got a couple of stones I'd really love duplicates of, for holiday baking and such, this might be the ticket to getting them even cheaper. So they would essentially be 50% off??

Lisa

1. What is the personal discount and how does it work?

The personal discount is a special discount offered to Pampered Chef consultants that allows them to purchase products at a reduced cost. This discount is based on the consultant's sales and can range from 20-50% off the retail price.

2. How do I qualify for the personal discount?

To qualify for the personal discount, you must be an active Pampered Chef consultant and meet certain sales requirements. These requirements may vary depending on your consultant level and can be found in your consultant agreement.

3. Can I combine the personal discount with other discounts or promotions?

No, the personal discount cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. It is a separate discount offered exclusively to consultants for their personal purchases.

4. Are there any restrictions on what products I can purchase with my personal discount?

Generally, there are no restrictions on the products you can purchase with your personal discount. However, there may be limited-time offers or promotions that do not apply to the personal discount. In addition, some products may have a maximum quantity limit per order.

5. How do I redeem my personal discount?

To redeem your personal discount, simply log in to your consultant account on the Pampered Chef website and add products to your cart. The discounted price will automatically be applied at checkout. Keep in mind that you must be an active consultant and meet the sales requirements to receive the discount.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • mama2emma
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • kcjodih