• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success with Person-to-Person Coaching | Partnering with Your Hostess

even if its just for a quick coffee to catch up I think it's great that you are keeping in contact with your hostess. That way you can keep the excitement there between the meeting and the show. I think it would be really helpful to meet in person so you can build a rapport and see what their reaction is.
bbauman07
Gold Member
Does any one else do this? How has it worked for you?

I'm reading partnering with your hostess by Steve Wiltshire. his system is book the show, schedule a date within 1 week to pick up guest list and postage, on that date you also plan the entire show. Then last contact is the day prior to the show.

I really like the idea of meeting the host the week after the show is scheduled but I'm not so sure about that being the last contact till the show.

Well there must be something tonot host coaching to much. Tom Marsten never even talks to his hosts. As far as I knwo all he does is post card reminders.
So why not give a go! The less work you have to do the better. And at least personal contact may put your mind at ease as well as your host's. all the wrinkles are ironed out way before the show.

I have heard of doing this also. I have alot of cancelations though. I've been told that this person to person host coaching works well and keep people from canceling.

So it is similar to Tom's system. Just one contact prior to the show. Wthier way you pay gas or postage.

Maybe I will have to try both and see which works best.

Just one contact? Wow. I would be worried they'd take everything and forget!

Do you think they have lots of past hosts? I could see that with a past host.

If my host lives close to me, I always hand deliver the packet & explain everything. I mail those that live farther away. I can't imagine not talking to them again until the day before the show though! I like to build rapport with my hosts; figure out what they want out of the show, get them excited-then they'll have a better show.

Person to person hostess coachingI've been doing my hostess coaching in person and all I can say is that it works. What a difference I've had with my shows. The hostess is more excited about her show, attendance is higher and sales are higher too. When you do hostess coaching on the phone your hostess can't really see your facial expressions and the excitment that you have for the business.

I also ask her for 30 names and addresses along with postage. At first I was a little shy and embarrassed to ask for postage, but I found that the hostess did not mind. You mail out the invitations and at least you know that 30 people were ACTUALLY invited. Usually only 2/3 of people show up anyways, but this way you know that 10-12 people will come, (hopefully).

Also, when you hostess coach in person chances are greater that the hostess will join the business. I actually go over the show planner and work on her wish list. The coaching session only lasts about 1/2 to 40 minutes but it is definately worth it. If person to person hostess coaching is feasible for you then I definitely recomment you try it. That's my two cents. Sorry for the long reply.

Mirella Canavan
Independent Future Director

I have done both... if you can do it in person, there's a huge benefit. If you can't, that's ok. I like in person because you can see their place, build a rapport, see what their reaction is.

I have done both as well, and I find that If I do person to person host coaching things are a lot better and the show has higher sales and higher attendance becasue of it. If I put the packet in the mail, they tend to forget about it, its overwhelming etc........ I also go over everythingn with them when I do person to person, and I let the host know that I personal mail the invites and I give them an incetive to get their guest list back to me by a certian date.

lisacb77 said:
Just one contact? Wow. I would be worried they'd take everything and forget!

Do you think they have lots of past hosts? I could see that with a past host.

that is my one concern with the system. I really like the idea of meeting in person though. I agree that if they were to far away I would probally just send out the packetl

I don't just meet with my hostess and that's it. I keep in constant contact with that person, either via the phone, or in person or email.

I ALWAYS do the Host Coaching and the Closing in person. I like that it's more personable. And we usually keep in frequent contact in between as well.

I think the contact in between is very important to keep the excitement there.

I try and meet my hostess someplace IE their home, or for coffee or lunch, and talk about their party with them, I also keep in constant contact with them even after their party.

I'm going to implement this into my business. I think it will help. Thank you for all the advice.

You could always add some extra contacts easily by sending a generic email, have one made up for "call" 1, "call" 2, "call" 3. Also, you could leave quick voice mails for them and send post cards.

I am having a hard time learning the wording for helping my new (1st) consultant!!! Does anyone have ideas?

Learning wording for what? What are her/your goals that you're working on?

tina_rn said:
I am having a hard time learning the wording for helping my new (1st) consultant!!! Does anyone have ideas?

You may get more replies if you start a thread ;)

what words are you looking for?

For those of you who meet the host in person, where do you meet? I want to start doing this--I hate talking on the phone & always feel like I'm the only one doing the talking during these calls, especially call #1. I figure this way it will be more like friends out for coffee & I'll be able to find out more about the host's life. I did meet with my host for next week's show in person.
She's REALLY excited & I'm looking forward to seeing how her show goes! I haven't talked with her since then, but we've been emailing back & forth almost daily. I need to deliver a host packet this week for a show next month & I was thinking of asking the host if she'd like to meet for coffee (my treat) to go over the packet.

So, do you just act like this is the only way you go over the packet, or do you offer a choice to drop it off & call about it or meet in person? Where do you meet? Their house, coffee shop? I'm really hoping to start recruiting & I think this might be a GREAT way to do that!

I only did this a few times and I would meet at the host's home to see where I would set up. If I did this full time, I would totally do the in person host coaching.

1. What is person to person coaching?

Person to person coaching is a one-on-one coaching experience where a trained coach works with an individual to help them achieve their personal or professional goals. It is a collaborative and personalized approach to self-improvement and growth.

2. What are the benefits of person to person coaching?

Person to person coaching can provide a variety of benefits, including improved self-awareness, increased confidence and self-esteem, enhanced communication skills, better time management, and goal achievement. It can also help individuals overcome personal or professional obstacles and reach their full potential.

3. How is person to person coaching different from other forms of coaching?

Person to person coaching differs from other forms of coaching in that it is a more intimate and individualized experience. The focus is solely on the individual and their specific needs and goals, rather than a group or team dynamic. It also allows for a deeper level of trust and connection between the coach and client.

4. What can I expect from a person to person coaching session?

In a person to person coaching session, you can expect to have a confidential and supportive space to discuss your goals, challenges, and progress. The coach will listen actively, ask thought-provoking questions, and provide guidance and accountability to help you make progress towards your goals.

5. How do I find a qualified person to person coach?

To find a qualified person to person coach, you can ask for recommendations from friends, family, or colleagues who have had positive experiences with coaching. You can also research and read reviews of coaches online, or seek out referrals from professional coaching organizations. It is important to choose a coach who is certified and has experience in the areas you want to focus on.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • gisellecabunag
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
WendyAebi
Replies