• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Ideal Party Venue for Your Child - Tips and Ideas

In summary, the cost of a party at a play party place like Play town is $8.50 per child for a day time play date. It costs $175-200 for a party with food and more than that for an air hockey table and small slider track cars. There is an enclosed area for baby toddlers to crawl around and a train track with trains.
beepampered
If you could have the perfect place to hold a party for your child, what would it be? How old is your child and what gender?

My dh is wanting to start a bouncy-house business sorta like Monkey Joe's or Pump It Up but perhaps expand beyond the inflatable concept. I'm just testing the waters to find out what parents are looking for in a party house. Any thoughts would be welcome.....

We have a place in town that has jumpy, little tykes play houses, jungle gym, little tyke cars and such in a play party place called "Play town". They do parties and daily openings for moms and their kids.

My 3 year old loves:love::love::love: Pump it up!

I wish I would have thought of it! My only complaint is they really don't have anything for my 16 month old to do while my older is playing, so it makes it difficult. I would love for them to have a baby bounce area.

So how often do you go to Pump It Up? I'm so cheap that I don't frequent these type places.Heather: what is the cost of that type place? We have one that has several Wii machines that makes it more appealing to the older kids.

my aunt just held my little cousin's bday party at one of these places! it was kinda cool they had stuff adults could get on and do too!! they had jumpy type of things and a ropes course, and tramplines, and then a crawl things with lots of tubes and slides to do and they even had a ball pit that was huge!! and they had an area for little kids too, with little slides and a little ball pit and stuff. its very neat, if i had a kids i would defintiely take them there!! its a workout and fun all rolled into one! i think it was like $7 for an adult to get in and cheaper for a kid. I think* my aunt and uncle paid for everyone since it was for my cousin's bday party...oh and she turned 3 when this happened. but all the adults and teens had a blast (i have a large age diverse family)

When I heard that a mom from my son's preschool paid $400+ to have her dd's b-day party at one of those places, I decided that I will not be frequenting them very often in the future. That is just robbery.We have small parties at home and my son loves it.

We are home party folk as well......I do theme parties though so it never comes cheap but my kids talk about their birthdays forever!

I am fortunate to have summer babies. We have an inflatable waterslide. We have parties at home or take the water slide to a nearby field/picnic shed with electric and water. The kids eat, open gifts, and slide til they drop. Fun and inexpensive.

For the price of a birthday party at one of these places, you can purchase an inflatable.

Dave Ramsey had a gal on the radio the other day that had somehow acquired a business like that for free, and wanted to know how she should advertise it. His advise was to concentrate on the moms: the kids won't come if the moms don't want to bring them. He suggested creating something appealing to the moms within the building (espresso bar or something), and getting the word out within moms groups etc. I think you might be able to look through the call summaries on his website to find it.That being said, there's a couple places like that around us. DS is just over 14 months, so not quite old enough to go, but will be pretty soon. My Goddaughter's B-day party was at Monkey Joes, and the kids loved it. There was also another one called Kangaroo Bob's which went out of business. I wouldn't think there would be a huge profit margin on a place like that, you'd probably count more on repeat business.

beepampered said:
So how often do you go to Pump It Up? I'm so cheap that I don't frequent these type places.

Heather: what is the cost of that type place? We have one that has several Wii machines that makes it more appealing to the older kids.

To have a day time play date there- its $8.50, per child I beleive. A party is $175-200ish or there around not sure the max # of kids for that party. But you can have food brought it (they do not provide it).
They also have an air hockey table and some small slider track cars they can ride. And they have a small enclosed area for baby toddlers who crawl around and a train track with lil trains they can play with. It's a great concept for 6months-6 years old. We've been to a party and playdates as well.

Ps. We also had a Pump it up party this year and it cost $295 for up to 25 kids but I figure since it was a combo party for both my girls -spending $150 on each party would have been pretty cheap! ;)

Last edited:
There's also a place called "Bears, Buddies and Toys" and it's similiar to build a bear in that they go to make a creature-freind BUT....they also have a giant pirate ship and princess castle so you can opt to have pirate bday themes or princess dress up parties.

My older daugther had a "glamour glitz" party where her frenz got all glamed up with hair and make up and they took home a cute fairy outfit as party of the party pakage. Her freind had a princess dress up and build a buddy party. And they offer tea parties and pj parties as well, with a cute gift shop with clothes and toys.

beepampered said:
So how often do you go to Pump It Up? I'm so cheap that I don't frequent these type places.

Heather: what is the cost of that type place? We have one that has several Wii machines that makes it more appealing to the older kids.

Our Pump it Up has a toddler/preschool time (3-6 yrs I think). It is $6 for 1 1/2 hours. We went 5-6 times this summer. It is great to get out of the heat!

We have a Bounce U here which is the same concept as a Monkey Joe's or Pump it Up and my kids love it. We won a birthday party for my son this past year, which for a basic birthday party was $250 for a weekend (they are cheaper by a bit if you do it during the week) and that was for up to 25 kids. We chose to upgrade it to a premium party for another $149 and it included pizza, unlimited drinks, cake, paper goods, ballon bunches and goodie bags for everyone who attended plus a tshirt for my son. I agree that if a year ago you would have asked me if I would have spent 400 on a bday party at one of those places I would have said no, but now I have changed my mind.

If you sit down and think about how much you would spend to have a bday party at home with all of what they provide you will pay at least 300 probably more. I think it is worth even paying more not to have the stress of the party, to me that alone is priceless. I normally spend the week before the party getting ready for it, cleaning the house, picking up what we need for the actually party, getting goodies together, ordering cake, etc and then it seems like a week recovering from the party. His birthday party was the most stressful party I have ever done, we woke up the morning of the party, had breakfast got dressed, showed up and they did everything!!! Like I said I can't explain how great that was.

Our Bounce U also offers open bounce and different activiites but I am not sure how much they cost. I would think a lot of that would also depend on the area that you live in. Some areas are more expensive than others to do anything. Oh the other thing I like about Bounce U was its not just bounce houses, they have ropes courses, obstacle courses, slides, etc. They even have some of the gladiator type blow up things that they adults I think have more fun in them then the kids!!

PCMomto4 said:
We have a Bounce U here which is the same concept as a Monkey Joe's or Pump it Up and my kids love it. We won a birthday party for my son this past year, which for a basic birthday party was $250 for a weekend (they are cheaper by a bit if you do it during the week) and that was for up to 25 kids. We chose to upgrade it to a premium party for another $149 and it included pizza, unlimited drinks, cake, paper goods, ballon bunches and goodie bags for everyone who attended plus a tshirt for my son. I agree that if a year ago you would have asked me if I would have spent 400 on a bday party at one of those places I would have said no, but now I have changed my mind.

If you sit down and think about how much you would spend to have a bday party at home with all of what they provide you will pay at least 300 probably more. I think it is worth even paying more not to have the stress of the party, to me that alone is priceless. I normally spend the week before the party getting ready for it, cleaning the house, picking up what we need for the actually party, getting goodies together, ordering cake, etc and then it seems like a week recovering from the party. His birthday party was the most stressful party I have ever done, we woke up the morning of the party, had breakfast got dressed, showed up and they did everything!!! Like I said I can't explain how great that was.

Our Bounce U also offers open bounce and different activiites but I am not sure how much they cost. I would think a lot of that would also depend on the area that you live in. Some areas are more expensive than others to do anything. Oh the other thing I like about Bounce U was its not just bounce houses, they have ropes courses, obstacle courses, slides, etc. They even have some of the gladiator type blow up things that they adults I think have more fun in them then the kids!!

ITA! I have had both big parties at my home and at a place and it's soo much easier and less stress doing it at a venue party place! With almost the same costs involved.;)

1. What are some unique party venue ideas for children?

Some unique party venue ideas for children include: bowling alleys, trampoline parks, indoor playgrounds, laser tag arenas, and movie theaters.

2. How do I know if a party venue is suitable for my child's age group?

It's important to research the age range the venue is recommended for. You can also contact the venue and ask if they have hosted parties for children in your child's age group before.

3. What should I consider when choosing a party venue for my child?

Some factors to consider when choosing a party venue for your child include: budget, location, capacity, amenities, and reviews from other parents.

4. Are there any budget-friendly options for party venues?

Yes, there are budget-friendly options for party venues such as local parks, community centers, and even your own backyard. You can also negotiate prices with some venues or consider hosting a joint party with another family to split the cost.

5. Can I bring my own food and decorations to a party venue?

It's always best to check with the venue beforehand, but many places allow you to bring your own food and decorations. Some venues may have restrictions on outside food, so make sure to inquire about their policies beforehand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathy Friedman
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefLissa
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
Replies