• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you ever made pink peppermint patties?

In summary, Gillian had a brainstorm to make pink peppermint patties for her HWC fundraiser, but she needed a recipe and suggestions for cute presentation. Michelle suggested tinting the white dipping chocolate pink and piping ribbons on top. Becky suggested making a two-step fudge with pink tinted white chocolate and mint extract. Gillian also had the idea to freeze the fudge into ribbons and serve them cold. The group also discussed other fundraising ideas, such as asking past hosts to sponsor a table for the fundraiser and inviting their friends to join.
gilliandanielle
I had a brainstorm today to make pink peppermint patties for my HWC fundraiser but I don't even know if you can make them. Has anyone ever made any and if so would you share the recipe?? Thanks for letting me think out loud!

Gillian Wright
/gillianwright
cons. # 417481
Wasilla, Alaska

These were a huge hitAt Christmas time when I made these. They were so easy to make :D after the mints were dried I dipped them in melted chocolate (melt a tbsp of shortning with the chocolate)

Cream Cheese Mints

1 (3 ounce) package cream
cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter, softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar
2 drops peppermint oil (I used wiltons, found in the craft section by the candy molds)
any color food coloring (optional)

1. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, and confectioner's sugar. Mix in peppermint oil. Color as desired with food coloring paste, or leave white.
2. Roll mixture into small balls, and place on waxed paper. Flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in confectioners' sugar. Let dry for about 2 hours on waxed paper, then freeze or refrigerate.

Thanks!Thank you so much for your reply! I am going to make them today or tomorrow. I just wanted something sweet but it *has* to be pink because I am a perfectionist!!

Thanks,
Gillian Wright

Those would be pretty coated in melted white chocolate and drizzled with pink-tinted white chocolate.. :) Ooooh (sorry had to edit to add!) or, you could coat them in the melted white chocolate, then pipe a pink ribbon onto the top with the pink-tinted chocolate :D JUST BEAUTIFUL!

Last edited:
Great Ideas!Those are great ideas, thanks! Do you think that is too much effort? I don't want to be making mints for 10 hours or anything, but they would look georgeous! How long do you think piping ribbons on a few dozen mints would take? Do you think they would be cuter w/drizzled pink choc? That would hardley take any time at all! Thanks for they ideas and I post a picture when I get them done tomorrow!

Gillian Wright

tinted chocolateWhy couldn't you just tint the white dipping chocolate pink? That wouldn't take as much time as piping them. Then you could stil explain the HWC campaign, and show your clients that they can do the recipe w/o too much more work.

LOL I guess my creative side went nutso there.. I'd do it myself, but I often go overboard on things like that.. hehe. Even drizzling it would look sharp. Good point Michelle :) It's true -- people like their things simple, quick & yummy nowadays.

You could do the two step fudge where you combine melted chocolate chips and a can of the frosting. You could do white chocolate chips (actually I think they're just called white baking chips or something) and white frosting. Tint them pink with red food coloring and add some mint extract if you want them minty. Put it in the EAD and pipe little kisses into mini-muffin paper cups. Hmmm, that's an idea I may have to try myself! Last time I made the two step fudge, though, it was too soft.

Any suggestions out there on how to make it more of a fudge-like consistency??

I like Becky's idea -- and you could pipe them into the HWC ribbons! Little mini pink ribbons -- that's so precious! It really wouldn't take that long to do.. they're just lowercase "L"s.. Okay, I'll shut up now, I think I'm going overboard... LOL

Thanks for the great ideas! That fudge sounds really easy! Maybe I can pipe the fudge into ribbons and then put them straight in the freezer. I can pull them out right before people eat them and they would be cold and minty. Have you ever had a peppermint pattie right out of the freezer? I think they are great! I love this website so much and I amglad that everyone add their own ideas to my brainstorming instead of making me feel like an itiot!! Glad I am among smart minds!

Gillian Wright
Conultant #417481
Wasilla, Alaska

Sounds DELICIOUS to me!

The peppermint patty's sound like a great idea!! I have a HWC fundraiser planned for this week. What I have done is asked past hosts to sponser a table (my town has given a facility for me to use). I have asked the host's to donate $5.00 for the table and this will be given as a cash donation to the ACS and $5.00 for food and drink. The host then invite their friends to join them. At this point I already have sent out about 150 invitations from 6 hosts that have agreed to participate. What I wasn't certain I was going to cook until I read about the peppermint patties. I purchased a chocolate fountain (from HSN) several months ago and I have used it for several cooking shows. So I am going to make the patties up ahead of time and have the fountain flowing with pink chocolate (white chocolate w/red food coloring), and the guest can dip their own chocolate. I will also have some strawberries as well and a pink drink. Thanks again for giving me such a great idea!!

That sounds like your going to have a great fundraiser!! Good luck and let us know how it all turns out!!Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

What ingredients do I need for the Peppermint Pattie recipe?

To make the Peppermint Pattie recipe, you will need:

• 2 cups of powdered sugar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons of light corn syrup
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons of water
  • 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
  • 2 cups of dark chocolate chips

Can I use a different type of chocolate for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for this recipe. However, using dark chocolate will give the Peppermint Patties a richer and more intense flavor.

How long will these Peppermint Patties last?

If stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, these Peppermint Patties can last up to 2 weeks.

Can I make these Peppermint Patties ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Peppermint Patties ahead of time. Simply store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Can I use a different flavor extract for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different flavor extract for this recipe. Some popular alternatives are vanilla, almond, or coconut extract. However, keep in mind that the flavor will be different from the traditional peppermint flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilliandanielle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • gilliandanielle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • TammyJo