• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Salt & Pepper Mill Capacity: What You Need to Know

In summary, the salt and pepper mills holds a little bit of salt and pepper. The grind on the mills is not that great. It can be used one-handed, but I recommend getting a mill that has a more adjustable grind.
aried
Gold Member
Does any one know about how much the salt and pepper mills holds? I have a customer that is interested and doesn't want to have to fill it up all the time. I do not have this items and it doesn't say on the use and care on line.

Thanks Ann

I don't know exactly, but my answer is not much. To be honest this is one of the few PC products I ever ordered and didn't really use. I like lots of fresh-ground pepper. I was constantly refilling the thing. Also, as the pepper got low it became top-heavy with the salt. If fell over several times. Ugh! :mad:

Okay, this is obviously not one of my favorite products. I'm sure someone else out there loves it and couldn't imagine life without it. ;)

The nice thing about our mill is that it can be used one-handed. But I like a fair amount of pepper, too, and I recently bought a Zassenhaus (I think) mill from Penzey's Spices. It holds MUCH more, and has a more adjustable grind. The PC one doesn't get fine enough for some things.

I absolutely love mine, however my whole family doesn't use it alot.. Just me and when I add some to the different foods.. I dont need to feel it up much, at least I don't think so.. I recommend it, b/c like chefann said before, it can be used one handed, and it is all combined.. no more messing with 2 seperate shakers/grinders.. Just my 2 cents

I own it -- but don't use it at shows too often. I don;t think it is the best example of how great our products are. It holds very little salt and pepper. I agree with Ann -- the grind isn't that great. It always seems to be way too coarse

I just got mine in my last order and I am a bit disappointed. I like fine pepper too, and the adjustable dial really doesn't make a difference. I put it to fine and it still comes out coarse.

maryhenderlite said:
I absolutely love mine, however my whole family doesn't use it alot.. Just me and when I add some to the different foods.. I dont need to feel it up much, at least I don't think so.. I recommend it, b/c like chefann said before, it can be used one handed, and it is all combined.. no more messing with 2 seperate shakers/grinders.. Just my 2 cents

This sound just like me! My husband makes fun of me b/c I want to grind pepper over his food! I only fill mine up about once a month. The salt last longer than that.

I LOVE IT! But, I think I am going to have to send it back b/c every once in a while I see salt coming out of the seem on the side and you can tell it has come apart some.

Last edited:
jrstephens said:
I only feel mine up about once a month.
I think you mean "fill it up." TKG will have a field day with this one!

I don't have this, but I tell people to keep it in the middle of their TTA and it won't tip over!

You can put your Food Chopper in the middle of the TTA too! That is how I store my "work" FC & TTA in the TTA bag!!

chefann said:
I think you mean "fill it up." TKG will have a field day with this one!

OMGoodness!! I did not even notice that!! He would have a field day! I will have to go back and edit!!!

What is the capacity of the Salt & Pepper Mill?

The capacity of the Salt & Pepper Mill varies depending on the specific model. However, most of our mills hold between 1/4 to 1/2 cup of salt or pepper.

Can I adjust the capacity of the mill?

No, the capacity of the mill is predetermined by the design and cannot be adjusted. However, our mills hold a generous amount of salt or pepper, so you won't need to refill them frequently.

Is the capacity the same for both salt and pepper?

Yes, our Salt & Pepper Mills have the same capacity for both salt and pepper. This ensures that you can use the mills for any type of seasoning without having to worry about the capacity.

How do I know when it's time to refill the mill?

Our Salt & Pepper Mills have a clear design that allows you to see how much seasoning is left in the mill. When the level gets low, simply twist the top off and refill with your desired seasoning.

Can I use other types of seasoning in the mill?

Yes, our Salt & Pepper Mills are versatile and can be used for a variety of seasonings. However, we recommend using only dry seasonings and avoiding any wet or moist seasonings as they can cause clogging or damage to the mill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ILOUANGOUDOM
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ILOUANGOUDOM
  • soonerchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies