• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How much food should I make for a party of 12+ people?

In summary, the host is making a cake and they don't have a microwave with a turntable. They will talk to the guest and see if they have one.
TinasKitchen
Ok this will be my 2nd show and I'm doing it right from work on Friday night. Not going home first. So far I think I'm going to have a bunch of people.. everyone is bringing someone but still no answer on how many. I was told alot.

I'm making the Rustic Focaccia.. I'll do it in my bar pan b/c I feel it feeds more .. or maybe b/c its just easier to cut into squares lol .. But now I feel like if theres more than 12 people (or even around 12), I may not have enough food. What should I do? or cook?

Thanks

Can you make a double batch. Maybe make one the day before your show?
I like making the rings and pizzas. Thet can be cut into smaller pieces to serve more. Let me know if you would like some recipes.

yes I can!!I have 2 stones so I can just ask do 2 of them.. I'll ask when she tells me how many she has.. thank you!

if you make it on the pizza stone, you don't have to cut it in wedge shapes. You can also cut that in squares/strips and you can get alot more out of it, so it might save you from making too much!

I used to worry a lot about how much food there was. My director finally drilled it into me that we are not there to feed everyone dinner, we are to give a taste of what TPC and their products can do. My advice is...if the host wants to feed everyone dinner then have her make sure there is enough food, she could serve veggies and dip (PC dip of course), a salad, fruit, the choices are endless. So, regardless of the amount of people I would do the same recipe just cut the squares accordingly.

I agree with soonerchef! You don't have to make yourself crazy making two recipes...cut the recipe into smaller squares and have the host make other items to feed their guest if they are worried about feeding everyone. I used to make a second recipe if there were more than 12 people, but I was making myself nuts...and many times I was told there would be +12 people and there wasn't. Now if my host is worried about the amount of food, I explain: the recipe I demo is there for guests to get a TASTE of the recipe. Feel free to make other recipes if you would like to feed them something more than that. (Of course, I word it nicely!) Also, if I have the time/product on hand, if I feel that a show is going to be rather large, I may make some beer bread here at home and cut it into chunks and serve it in a SA bowl...but I bring it as a SURPRISE to my host, so if I run out of time that day, I don't have to bring it!

I agree with the others--no need to double.

When doing apps and main dishes, I always offer to do a microwave cake, either in the fluted pan or rice cooker. It's a no fuss second recipe and satisfies everyone's sweet tooth. :)

thank you all so muchThats why I love this site.. you all offer so much help.

I will do the one recipe.. from what I know they dont have a microwave w/ a turntable (?? right word? lol) so the cake wont cut it. I'll talk to her and see what she has.

TinasKitchen said:
Thats why I love this site.. you all offer so much help.

I will do the one recipe.. from what I know they dont have a microwave w/ a turntable (?? right word? lol) so the cake wont cut it. I'll talk to her and see what she has.

I have done the cake 3 times without a turntable and it comes out great everytime!

1. How much food do I need to buy for a party?

The amount of food you will need for a party depends on several factors, including the number of guests, the length of the party, and the type of food you are serving. A general rule of thumb is to plan for about 1 pound of food per person. However, it's always better to err on the side of more rather than less, so you don't run out of food.

2. How much food should I serve for a potluck?

For a potluck, it's best to ask each guest to bring a dish to share. As the host, you can provide some guidelines for the type of dish (e.g. appetizer, side dish, dessert) and the number of people it should serve. This will ensure that there is enough variety and quantity of food for everyone.

3. How much food do I need for a buffet-style dinner?

For a buffet-style dinner, you should plan on about 1.5 pounds of food per person. This will account for the fact that people tend to take smaller portions of multiple dishes. It's also a good idea to have some extra food on hand, just in case.

4. How much food do I need for a family of four?

The amount of food needed for a family of four will vary depending on their individual appetites and dietary preferences. A good starting point is to plan for about 1.5 pounds of food per person per day. This can be adjusted based on how much your family typically eats and if you have any leftovers from previous meals.

5. How much food do I need for a week's worth of meals?

The amount of food needed for a week's worth of meals will depend on how many people you are feeding, their appetites, and the types of meals you are planning. A helpful guide is to plan for 1 pound of protein (meat, fish, etc.) per person per week, along with a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, and other pantry staples.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
hollye44
  • PamperedJess
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchefinski
  • PCMelissa