• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effortlessly Peel and Chop Butternut Squash: Top Product Recommendations

In summary, to easily peel a butternut squash, cut off both ends and use a vegetable peeler or sharp knife to remove the skin. It is recommended to peel the squash before cooking, but if roasting, you can leave the skin on and scoop out the cooked squash. A vegetable peeler is a great tool for this task, but other options include using a knife, Y-peeler, or serrated peeler. A butternut squash peeler can also be used for other types of squash, but some may require the help of a knife.
PamperedSD
I'm new to PC and I don't cook alot (cooking more now that I have PC stuff)but I love squah - anyone know the best product to use to peel and chop up butternut squash?

our serrated peeler is great for peeling it. Then used your fav Forged Cutlery knife to chop it up.

Definitely serrated peeler!!!! Or do what I do, buy the pre-peeled, pre-seeded, halved butternut squash they sell in the fall at the grocery stores, lol ;)

I've never seen them sold peeled here :( I'll keep an eye out! I have several recipes I want to try but never do because I'm not sure how to peel them. I'm ordering the peeler tonight! Thanks.

Oh Gosh Cory! I live in MA so maybe it's a New England thing, but in the fall we get them fresh but peeled, seeded and halved :). You can also buy them peeled and cubed in the freezer section here. Enjoy- butternut squash is one of my favorites!!!

Use your Santuko knife to cut the squash in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds
with your ice cream scoop. Put 1/2" water in the bottom of one of our stoneware
dishes, and lay the flat side of the squash in the dish. Pierce the skin as you do a potato you will bake in your Microwave. Start by baking in the microwave for 5 - 10 minutes. Check at five minutes, and continue checking every minute until done. Obviously it varies depending on the size of the squash and the power of your microwave. You will be able to scoop the cooked flesh out of the squash without having had to peel it at all.

1. How do I peel a butternut squash easily?

To peel a butternut squash easily, start by cutting off both ends of the squash. Then, use a vegetable peeler or sharp knife to peel off the skin in long, downward strokes. Alternatively, you can also roast the squash in the oven for 15-20 minutes before peeling, as the heat will help loosen the skin.

2. Do I need to peel the butternut squash before cooking?

It is recommended to peel the butternut squash before cooking, as the skin can be tough and difficult to chew. However, if you are roasting the squash, you can leave the skin on and simply scoop out the cooked squash from the skin once it is soft.

3. Can I use a vegetable peeler to peel the butternut squash?

Yes, a vegetable peeler is a great tool for peeling butternut squash. Make sure to use a sharp peeler and apply gentle pressure to avoid breaking the skin. If your squash has ridges, you may need to use a knife to remove those sections.

4. Are there any other methods for peeling butternut squash?

Yes, there are a few other methods for peeling butternut squash. You can use a sharp knife to carefully remove the skin, or you can use a Y-peeler, which has a blade that swivels and makes it easier to peel round vegetables like squash. Another option is to use a serrated peeler, which has tiny teeth that can grip onto the skin and make peeling easier.

5. Can I use a butternut squash peeler for other types of squash?

Yes, a butternut squash peeler can also be used for other types of squash, such as acorn squash, delicata squash, and spaghetti squash. However, some of these squashes may have tougher skin, so you may need to use a knife to help remove it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
Replies