• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pecan Tassies: Easy Dough, Delicious Treats

In summary, to make Pecan Tassies, you will need all-purpose flour, butter, cream cheese, light brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and chopped pecans. You can use any type of nuts for the filling, just make sure to chop them into small pieces. To prevent the dough from sticking to the pan, grease your mini muffin pan with cooking spray or butter. Pecan Tassies can be made in advance by storing the dough and filling separately in the refrigerator. Leftover Pecan Tassies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Every time I make the pecan tassies I'm reminded of how easy the dough is to make and how good it is.

I'm itching to try out my new pie plate and am wondering if I could use this as a regular pie crust.

This type of dough, and I am assuming it's the cream cheese, flour, etc dough is tasty, I think it would absorb too much moisture with a regular pie. You could certainly prebake it and then fill it with a non baked type pie.

If you like this sort of dough, you might try what is referred to as a pate brisse (basically butter dough) Made just like a pie crust, but using butter in place of shortening.

My mom had a recipe for dough using shortning ... it was a pain to make and it was pretty much tasteless and dry. I now usually get pre-rolled pie dough.This dough is way different .... probably the high fat content, but I have never had a dough so flaky.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Pecan Tassies?

To make our Pecan Tassies, you will need all-purpose flour, butter, cream cheese, light brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and chopped pecans.

2. Can I use a different type of nut for the filling?

Yes, you can use any type of nuts you prefer for the filling, such as walnuts or almonds. Just make sure to chop them into small pieces.

3. How do I prevent the dough from sticking to the pan?

We recommend greasing your mini muffin pan with cooking spray or butter before pressing the dough into it. This will help prevent the dough from sticking.

4. Can I make Pecan Tassies in advance?

Yes, you can make the dough and filling in advance and store them separately in the refrigerator. When you are ready to bake, simply assemble and bake as directed in the recipe.

5. How should I store leftover Pecan Tassies?

Store any leftover Pecan Tassies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies