• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Pear-Pecan Crunch Cake Recipe from Cooking for Two or More Cookbook

In summary, the ingredients needed to make Pear-Pecan Crunch Cake are all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream, canned pears, and chopped pecans. You can use fresh pears instead of canned pears, store the cake at room temperature or in the fridge, freeze the cake for up to 3 months, and use a different type of nut or omit the nuts altogether.
aslion
Does anyone have this recipe? It is in the Cooking for Two or More cookbook, saw it listed under recipes for the 12" skillet. Thank you in advance.

I have that cookbook at home (I think!). I'll look for it when I get home from work (about an hour) and post it!

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1.5 tspn bakign powder
1/8 tspn salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp double strength vanilla
1 pear (peeled + finely diced)
1.5 cups toasted pecans coursley chopped + divided
1 tspn finely grated orange zest
Spiced Whipped Cream & Carmelized Pears (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 325. Cut a circle of parchment paper to fit bottom of nonstick cake pan. Grease bottom of pan, line w/ parchment paper + set aside. In small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
2. Combine sugars, egg and vanilla. Mix on low speed for 2 min. Add flour mixture mix until just combined. Fold in pear, 1/2 cup of pecans, and zest.
3. Pour batter into pan, spreading evenly. Top w/ rem. pecans. Bake 31-33 min. Remove and cool for 15 min. Invert cak, remove parchment paper, invert cake onto serving platter.
4. If desired spread spiced whipped cream over center of cake and surround with carmelized pears. Garnish w/ cinnamon and addtn' zest if desired.

Spiced Whipped Cream: in chilled bowl, beat 1/2 cup heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add 2 tblspn powdered sugar, 1/4 tspn vanilla, 1/4 tspn cinamon. Continue beating until soft peaks form.

Carmelized Pears: Peel and cut 3 pears into wedges. Melt 1 tblspn butter over med-high heat. Add pear wedges, saute 8-10 min. Toss w/ 2 tbspn brown sugar.

Thank you!

No problem...I hadn't even looked at the cookbook until last night. Now I want to try most of the recipes!!! :)

1. What ingredients are needed to make Pear-Pecan Crunch Cake?

The ingredients needed to make Pear-Pecan Crunch Cake are all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream, canned pears, and chopped pecans.

2. Can I use fresh pears instead of canned pears?

Yes, you can use fresh pears instead of canned pears. Make sure to peel and dice the pears before adding them to the cake batter.

3. How do I store Pear-Pecan Crunch Cake?

To store Pear-Pecan Crunch Cake, cover it with plastic wrap or transfer it to an airtight container and keep it at room temperature for up to 2 days. You can also refrigerate the cake for up to a week. Before serving, bring the cake to room temperature and sprinkle with additional chopped pecans if desired.

4. Can I freeze Pear-Pecan Crunch Cake?

Yes, you can freeze Pear-Pecan Crunch Cake. Wrap the cooled cake tightly with plastic wrap and then wrap it again with aluminum foil. Place it in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw the cake in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

5. Can I use a different type of nut instead of pecans?

Yes, you can use a different type of nut instead of pecans. Walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts would all work well in this recipe. You can also omit the nuts altogether if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • chefheidi2003
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Anne
Replies