• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Moist Peanutty Chocolate Cake Recipe - Tips for Perfect Results

In summary, the recipe sounds yummy, but way too dry for me. The weird thing is it was the best LOOKING micro cake I have made!! every time it turns out LOOKING good:DI've made this at all my shows for the past month and a couple of times at home. Mine ALWAYS turns out great!....well almost always!
Chef susan
I have made this twice as directed and thought it was DRY--I used the box cake mix and the sour cream mixture---but not the water and oil---am I doing something wrong---1 time I used a little water and 2 tbsp oil and still seemed dry--even tho I didn't eat it that time HELP:D I'm making it or today

I'm no help, mine turned out the same way.

I think I will make as directed and throw some of the sour cream in --so as not to overflow
s

Let me know how it turns out. The recipe sounds yummy, but way too dry for me.

the weird thing is it was the best LOOKING micro cake I have made!! every time it turns out LOOKING good:D

I've made this at all my shows for the past month and a couple of times at home. Mine ALWAYS turns out great!....well almost always!

You said you are using the cake mix & the sour cream....what about the 3 eggs? Also, I had to reduce my cooking time on the original recipe to @ 11 minutes. The cake should be done but the top will probably be a little moist looking. One thing that I have found though is that Pillsbury Cake mix is alot dryer than Duncan Hines brand (I haven't tried Betty Crocker or store brand). When I used Pillsbury I had to add about 1/4 cup water to the mix because it was so thick and both times my Pillsbury cake stuck in my pan. I didn't have that problem with Duncan Hines - it came out beautiful everytime.

Another thing, I have had trouble making this in microwaves that do not have a turn table. Even though we turn it several times during the baking process it doesn't come out evenly. I don't think I'll do it in the future in a microwave w/o a turn table. The times I've made it in a micro with a turn table it has come out even and evenly baked. The ones I've made at home keep for about a week too.

Don't stop trying....it's so good!

Linda

I have duncan hines moist deluxe now--i do use the eggs--haven't done something with it yet--I make it at home first---I don't take a chance with peoples microwaves--one time I did it took 20 minutes and still part stuck in and not all cooked--aargh--2 shows last month had small microwaves----very small--luckily I don't do it there

I will try it again--and see--hope its not dry
s

I'll be picking up some different cake mix when I go to the grocery today. Thanks for the tips.

I made the german chocolate microwave cake at a show 2 weeks ago. This microwave had to be 20years old. It didn't have a turntable, and it didn't cook even. Ughhh. The cake was lopsided. I explained to everyone that it normally comes out fine, but that everone's microwave will cook differently. I actually had to cook that one for nearly 18 minutes for it to be done. I turned in numerous times. Oh well, it all came out fine in the end and I sold 3 fluted pans...Yeah...

What are the ingredients needed for Peanutty Chocolate Cake?

To make Peanutty Chocolate Cake, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 box of chocolate cake mix
  • 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup of salted peanuts, chopped
  • 1/2 cup of chocolate chips

How do I make Peanutty Chocolate Cake?

To make Peanutty Chocolate Cake, follow these steps:

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chocolate cake mix, peanut butter, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix until well combined.
  3. Stir in the chopped peanuts and chocolate chips.
  4. Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
  5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  6. Let the cake cool before serving.

Can I use a different type of cake mix for Peanutty Chocolate Cake?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate cake mix for this recipe. However, the flavor and texture may vary depending on the brand and type of cake mix used.

Can I substitute the peanuts for a different type of nut?

Yes, you can substitute the chopped peanuts with your preferred type of nut, such as almonds or cashews. However, the final taste and texture of the cake may be slightly different.

How should I store Peanutty Chocolate Cake?

Peanutty Chocolate Cake can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. If you want to store it for longer, you can refrigerate it for up to 1 week or freeze it for up to 3 months. Make sure to wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap or foil before storing it in the freezer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jilleysue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JaniD
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • anoelle