• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef- Station Shows - Reviews, Tips, Thoughts, Etc

In summary, the PC Station Shows are a great way to connect with your audience and provide a hands-on experience. Sharon Zelen from The Pampered Chef recommends hosting your own Station Style Show to fill up your calendar.
esavvymom
Staff member
Have any of you tried or been doing the PC Station Shows that was recently introduced at Conference?

How are they working for you? Has it changed your business or show - for the good, bad, better, different? Do you have any tips to share for the rest of us looking at this style of show?
What do your hosts and guests think?

I am actually quite excited by this style. I know it's not an entirely NEW concept, but certainly feels like it, and having some formatted themes from PC helps alot! I'm the shy-type so get very nervous in front of strangers.....this style of show could be very helpful for me! PLUS, I love how quick they seem to be. I've got "homework" to work on the Freezer workshop for a customer, but I am also going to try to find a day or two this month that I can have a Station Style show in my home/neighborhood (this would be my first since moving here in 2013). really hoping for a style that allows me to get my business going again! We're in the busy season of year - with both boys playing hockey (different teams/ different nights)...and we're gone every weekend and every night but 1 in the week for practices between the two boys. I drop them off at dad's work, and then I have the rest of the night....so hoping to plug some shows in them those nights.

Keeping my fingers crossed. But thought I'd see what you all thought or found with this style?
I'll share when I have something to share!

I did several station shows last Winter/Spring and they were a huge hit. One of them was with a group that had been to many shows with me and they said it was the best show ever! I liked it because I could do 2 recipes in 1/2 hour and most everyone participated and tried the products. Then, I had their attention while I did a short presentation, they ate, ordered and were done! I typically don't do weeknight shows as I work full time and it's too much for me, but doing it this way was so quick and smooth that my weeknight show was easy.

I really like the station format. The guests really seem to enjoy it and they appreciate not listening to me talk all night. I also like that the show goes faster. I still haven't been able to streamline the checkout process but I really like the way that the actual show works.

How are you marketing these OUTSIDE of the show? I have zero bookings, and am wondering the best approach to market a show like this, especially since I've not done one yet?One way I can think of is hosting my own here at home, but just wondering about those other dozens of people I might be brave enough to reach out to that don't live near me, so wouldn't come to my home show.ideas? What are you doing to market, besides hooking people AT their shows?

I think i found my own answers...at least from what PC has offered anyway (still would like your ideas).This was from a recent email blast:
New York Executive Director Sharon Zelen scored 4 bookings in 24 hours
Here's her magic words for booking Station-Style Shows: "Hi! It's Sharon from The Pampered Chef. Do you have a minute? I'm so excited to let you know that Pampered Chef has unveiled a brand new theme Show! It's unlike anything you've seen. It's completely interactive and hands-on. The guests actually do all of the recipe prep, just like a cooking class. This Show has gotten rave reviews across the country and we're bringing it here to Long Island (plug in your area). I'm looking to do a few of these Shows in September so I was wondering if you'd be one of my charter hosts. What do you think?"Give Sharon's magic words a try! Your past hosts, friends and family will be so excited to hear about this and thrilled that you asked them to be a charter host! Your calendar will fill up in no time. Guaranteed!

Has anyone figured out an easy way to enlarge/print the Station Style recipes on Ccorner? I'm thinking they're too small for guests to read. My intent is to pack them into sheet protectors. I can only get the top half to print when I ask my printer to print at 135%. Here's a link, I think it requires login.
http://new.pamperedchef.com/cc/station-style

I've been creating my own recipe cards for my shows and I am doing the same for the stations. The attached is what I used for the Quick Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Basically, I put the recipe in an 8 1/2x11 landscape format. I just copy and paste it and then tweak the formatting.

Attachments

• Quick Pineapple Upside Down Cake.pdf
    196.3 KB · Views: 909
Anyone try the Taffy Apple Pizza as a station show? If so is there a document showing how it would be done?

how are you doing station style shows when you don't own all the tools involved?

Either rewrite them with the tools you do have, or ask the host which tools she has.

Stations are just different steps in the process, so look at your recipe and break it into two or three sections that would work for stations. See what tools you have (or can borrow for a show or two until you earn some money to get those tools...and remember to look on the Supply Order list. Pc usually has several products further discounted that work for whatever theme shows they hsve that season.). Stations are just about breaking up the recipe. In a separate note, at my meeting this week....one Adv. Director shared that station shows did not work for her at all. She used to do demo style and would get 2-3 bookings a show. With station style, she was getting zero. She ended up withi NOTHING on her calendar (and for her, that was so unusual!). So she went back to what worked for her. So if station shows are not working for you after a couple, go back to what was! Dont wait until ten shows later and you have no future business. If they work, great! I think this is where partnering with your host helps. This AD told me that people were coming from work, etc and just didnt want to help and participate (that frustrates me though....so lazy...haha). But know your crowd, and the best way to do that would be your host.

I still haven't tried it. The homes I've been in have been small and not conducive to setting up in several different places. Still open to the possibility, though.

I know the home office has several of these set up. Just wondering about those of you that are writing your own. Are you willing to share what you have?

I have done three station style shows. All went well. I had 12, 9, and 10 people for each show respectively. I did 2 stations for each show. The last show I had we did the quick pineapple upside down cake, and chicken bacon ranch pizza, cooked on the grill. Everyone participated and had a good time. The only problem that I wasn't happy with was we had dessert before the pizza was done. No complaints from the group though. I was a little reluctant doing the grilled pizza but it came out awesome.

What is a Station Show?

A Station Show is a unique cooking experience where a Pampered Chef consultant will set up different stations around the host's home or venue, each featuring a different Pampered Chef product. Guests can visit each station and try out the products, learn new recipes, and have the opportunity to purchase any items they are interested in.

How do I host a Station Show?

To host a Station Show, you can contact a Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a date for the event. The consultant will work with you to determine the best location and setup for the stations. As the host, you can invite your friends and family to attend and enjoy the interactive and educational cooking experience.

What are some tips for a successful Station Show?

Some tips for a successful Station Show include: inviting a variety of guests, promoting the event through social media or word of mouth, providing light refreshments, and giving guests enough time to visit each station and try out the products. It's also important to have a knowledgeable and enthusiastic consultant leading the event.

Can I earn free products by hosting a Station Show?

Yes, as the host of a Station Show, you have the opportunity to earn free and discounted products based on the sales made at your event. You can also earn additional rewards by booking future parties with your consultant. It's a great way to get some new Pampered Chef products for your kitchen!

What do guests typically say about Station Shows?

Guests who attend Station Shows often rave about the interactive and fun experience they had. They also appreciate being able to try out the products before purchasing them and learning new recipes and cooking techniques. Many guests also mention that they enjoyed the opportunity to socialize and have a unique gathering with friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
julsradford
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD