• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Show Anxiety: Tips for Remembering What to Say

In summary, a script can be helpful, but it is not necessary. Some people prefer to not use one, while others use them. It is important to remember to mention bookings and the opportunity throughout the show.
nbittermann
Does anyone use a script or anything to remember what they need to say? I haven't done a show yet and have only attended one PC show ever. I'm nervous I won't say what i need to or sell very well. Any tips??? :confused:

Congrats on your new career. We all had your concerns before our first show. Some do notecards- I did an 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet of paper and had 1 point or product per line. that way if i got rolling and didn't need to look for awhile I wasn't way behind with the cards. Worked well for me. then practice your demo(without food) 7 times to commit it to memory. I'd ask your director she may even have other ideas. The most important thing to remember at your first show is to have fun! If you have fun the guests will and you'll get bookings.

There is a guide in your Recipe For Success that has a script on notecards. Also, you can download a script at Pampered Corner. Hope that helps.

Thank you!

I am in my first Super Starter month and have only done 2 live shows so far. For each of those I did use a script that I typed out on my computer and put into clear plastic report covers. This way if any food accidentally got on the script, it would wipe clean.

I am doing my third show tomorrow and am going to try it without the script. I found at my last show I didn't really need it, but for some reason I kept trying to look at it and the show didn't go as smoothly as I wanted. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. ;)

I have been a consultant for over 2 years now and still use a "script". I just use a piece of paper and put points on there that I really want to say. Sometimes I get side tracked by a question or something and forgot something. I find it to help me out!

any particular ptsHey~ Are there any pts that you always point out? I am starting my second SS month and I am working on a script as I did not use one the first month. TIA!!!!

If you are not familiar with Belinda Ellsworth, you should check into going to one of her seminars or borrowing a tape from your director. She is awesome.

As for a script, I would stick to the basics.....welcome, intros, your story (opportunity), bookings, demo, bookings, opportunity, bookings, prize drawing slip (bookings and opportunity), ASK everyone about opportunity and bookings.

You need to mention bookings and the opportunity throughout the show.

I, too, still have a little script after over 2 years as a consultant. I wanted to add that the more shows you do (especially the closer together they are), the easier it'll get to remember what to say. It's great to have such a full schedule to be able to keep consistent shows, then it gets easier. We all know that doesn't always happen, though!

I feel that there is still SO much I want to say about things. I always forget to cover something. One thing I've learned is that if you think you didn't cover enough on "other" products that you don't use in your recipe, be sure to tell guests something to the effect of "I know there's lots I didn't get into in detail like the cookware, stoneware (etc....), so if there's something you want to learn more about, book your own show and we'll be sure to use those products in the recipe so you can add even more to what you learned tonight!"

My May is looking pretty solid, so I'm hoping that'll help me really get into the swing of things and getting back into that "groove" of covering everything I want to say!

Ooooooo! I am working on my script this weekend, and I REALLY like that booking plug for other products! Thanks Becky!

Paula in TN

I tend to go with the flow of the guests, but I do have note cards with what I want to cover, so I don't get distracted. I even have some product note cards for the stoneware and cookware. The rest is easy for me to remember, but I'm still trying to master the SW and CW. I like to go around the room and have eveyone introduce themselves and talk about the products. That leads naturally into my story, and I also "use" the guests to do the selling. I could tell someone that the stoneware is fired at 4000 degrees until I'm blue in the face, but if Sue says she loves to bake her cookies with it, that will sell more.

Have Something!After my first few shows I felt that I didn't need any kind of notes. I tried a show without anything and felt like the show didn't flow very well. Now I always make sure that I have some notes regarding steps in the recipe (i.e. melt choc. for 30 seconds) or where guest can find products on their wish lists. If I'm working with a new catalog I might jot down the pages for Simple Additions, cookware and Stoneware to direct gueststo while I discuss those products. I may go through an entire Show and not look at my notes, but I like knowing they're there if I need them!

Julie Myers
Independent Kitchen Consultant

1. How can I overcome my nerves and remember what to say during a Pampered Chef show?

One tip is to practice your presentation beforehand. This will help you become more comfortable with the flow of the show and the information you need to share. You can also create cue cards or notes to refer to during the show.

2. What are some common techniques for managing Pampered Chef show anxiety?

Breathing exercises and visualization techniques can help calm nerves before a show. It may also be helpful to remind yourself that you are knowledgeable and passionate about the products you are presenting.

3. How can I remember all of the product information during a Pampered Chef show?

One way to remember product information is to break it down into smaller chunks. Focus on one or two products at a time and share the most important information. You can also use visual aids or demonstrations to help reinforce product information.

4. Are there any specific words or phrases that are helpful to use during a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, using descriptive words and phrases to describe the products can be effective. You can also use personal anecdotes or testimonials from satisfied customers to add authenticity to your presentation.

5. Is it okay to make mistakes during a Pampered Chef show?

Absolutely. Making mistakes is a natural part of public speaking and it's important to remember that your audience is there to support you. If you do make a mistake, simply acknowledge it and move on. Your authenticity and ability to recover can actually make you more relatable to your audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • kaceyleigh2
  • Products and Tips
Replies