• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Rocks Vs. Other Ds!

In summary, the host rewards for Thirty One Gifts are not as good as those offered by other companies. The host rewards for a $500 party are $65 in free product.
dkitten13
Okay, so I was supposed to have a Thirty One Gifts party tonight...low and behold no one could make it and only two people ordered! That never happens with PC! :D

So anyway, I check out the host rewards, figuring maybe I can eek out enough sales/orders to reach a minimum show...and alas, for this company sales have to be $200! That's crazy considering what the product is! Then, it gets worse...the hostess special this month is a discount off of a purse...but your sales have to be $450 or you don't get anything!!!! Are they serious?

Anyway, the stuff looks cute and all but PC is sooo much better in every way!

The very best way to confirm how great our company is is to host a show with someone else!

Do an online tupperware party and see how little you get. I was embarressed when I tried to sell it.

Our minimum show isn't much different ($150), but at least you get something for it!! $15 and a discount, plus the monthly special and free shipping, and the discount....I think our benefits really put alot of other DS companies to shame! Shoot...we have so much, that it's hard to tell it all to a host/potential host- because they get confused/overwhelmed so fast! :DI'm surprised more of them don't try to 'copy' PC in that way. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, right?

I think Tastefully Simples "new plan" copies us in a few ways..they just changed it this month.

chefsteph07 said:
I think Tastefully Simples "new plan" copies us in a few ways..they just changed it this month.

What is TS's new plan?

Just curious, because there are big signs on both ends of my street for a Tastefully Simple Open House, so someone on my street is selling it...

Here's the TS plan: http://www.tastefullysimple.com/Cultures/en-US/HostAParty/HostRewards/

chefann said:
Here's the TS plan: http://www.tastefullysimple.com/Cultures/en-US/HostAParty/HostRewards/

Hmmm, interesting - but still, no where near as good as PC.

For a $500 party - you get $65 in free product. No half price products (unless you have bookings) no further discount on products, and the fine print states that the host pays tax & shipping based on full retail value! Also, no special monthly bonus that I could see on that page.

My new recruit that just signed decided after having a TW party. Figured our stuff was so much easier to sell and the benefits are so much better.

I agree, I think TS is still tough - let's not forget, its not as easy to get to $200 with them as with us since we are talking about mostly food items that don't have big ticket prices. I know $50 doesn't sound like much but it really is if your talking about trying to squeeze out orders to reach it like I'm trying to do for my 31 party! I was barely at $100 and if I had to make it to $150 I might have been able to do it. But to $200? No way.

That could be a great way to help a recruit lead who's on the fence between 2 DS companies figure out which product to sell as a consultant....encourage her to host a show for each one- or the one she maybe HASN'T yet done a party for. So if she's trying to decide between TS and PC...she's hosted a PC show, then encourage her to host a TS show and see what she gets, how the consultant works- ask the questions. (Could backfire, but probably not!)And if she hasn't done a PC show, then if she can't host a show, have her observe one- through closing (so she can see all that the host gets). *thinking out loud here*

Bobbi, my thoughts exactly! Our cluster is doing an opportunity night and this was one of our plans of "attack" to show off how great PC is and how easy it is to get parties compared to other plans.

I just love PC! Wait, didn't I already say that? ;)

quiverfull7 said:
The very best way to confirm how great our company is is to host a show with someone else!

I couldn't have said this better myself, I agree completely!!

Before I started selling PC, my "circle" of friends/family were PC loyalists, and I had not been to very many other DS parties. But since I've started selling it and have come into contact with a lot of other DS representatives, I have become so grateful for our excellent Host Rewards Program!!

This is a great discussion. Has anybody put together a flyer comparing us to other DS companies?

I had a TS party a few weeks ago (before the new host program). I had a $400 show and hardly got anything. PC by far has the best hostess program out there. Other companies give no incentive for a host to want to host again. Our 10% host discount is amazing in that aspect. Not just are our host benefits amazing but our startup costs are INCREDIBLE. I have a friend who just signed up to sell jewelry and she has to pay $700 for her kit and a $400 a year jeweler's liscense. That is absolutely ridiculous. I looked into several other companies and this is by far the best. My newest consultant said it best when she said we are selling something that EVERYONE needs! I truly believe that is why is it so easy to find hosts and the reason people want to sell PC!

I just started with another company (just for the free and discounted food) and noticed it had very close host rewards as ours. Only after you eat it, it's gone. lol
http://www.wildtree.com/HostParty/Rewards.aspx

Chef Bobby said:
I just started with another company (just for the free and discounted food) and noticed it had very close host rewards as ours. Only after you eat it, it's gone. lol

chefann said:

What you have to have 15 individually shipped orders to get $15 more free. Blah blah!!!!:yuck:

I'm hosting a Sensaria Spa party tomorrow for my mom's neighbor but really, it's only so that she hosts a PC party with me. She used to be a PC consultant and claims she makes more money selling Sensaria because the products are consumable and people are repeat customers. But personally, I think people are more willing to pay more for high quality non-consumables than pay more of money for high quality consumable products. There were plenty of things I'd like to have in the Sensaria catalog (body butters, sugar scrubs, nail treatments, fun stuff), but I doubt they're THAT much better over all than what I can buy at the salon or even Target. I'm sorry, I'm not going to pay $16.50 for a bottle of shampoo when I can pay $5 for shampoo at Target that I'm happy with! The thing with skincare and body care is you usually have to use products for a while to see if you really like them, but you have to invest upfront before you knwo whether it works or not! And people's skin and hair are SOOOO different from person to person that while it may be a good quality product, a cheap product may work better for me than an expensive one. I've tried more expensive face washes over the years and have finally found a generic brand that I buy at Target that I'm really happy with.....

Yeah, I'll stick with Pampered Chef thanks! I will say though, the host program is pretty comparable to PC.

I found this here in the files - might be slightly out of date but v. good info for a recruit on the fence between pc and another ds company.:thumbup:

Attachments

• PC direct sales comparison.doc
    84 KB · Views: 406
PamperedMom07 said:
What you have to have 15 individually shipped orders to get $15 more free. Blah blah!!!!:yuck:

TS really pushes the direct shipping route. Last time I went to one of their parties, direct shipping was the only thing mentioned. There was no show shipping. So all the 15 individually shipped orders means is 15 guest orders.

TO me i love tastfully simple. I do not mind the host benifets they just got better from last year. I still think pc is the best.

What sets Pampered Chef apart from other direct sales companies?

Pampered Chef has been in business for over 40 years and has a strong reputation for quality kitchen products. Unlike other direct sales companies, we offer a wide range of products for every cooking need, rather than focusing on just one niche. We also have a generous compensation plan and the opportunity for consultants to earn free products and trips.

Are the Pampered Chef products more expensive than other direct sales products?

While our products may have a higher initial cost, they are made with high-quality materials and are designed to last. Many of our customers find that they actually save money in the long run by not having to replace their kitchen tools as frequently as they would with cheaper alternatives.

Do I need to have a culinary background to be successful with Pampered Chef?

No, you do not need to have any culinary experience to be successful with Pampered Chef. Our products are designed to be user-friendly and come with easy-to-follow recipes and instructions. Plus, our training and support resources are available to help you learn and grow your business.

Are there any monthly sales quotas or requirements?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you are not required to meet monthly sales quotas or minimums. You have the flexibility to run your business at your own pace and set your own goals. However, we do offer incentives and rewards for reaching certain sales milestones.

What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

We stand behind the quality of our products and offer a satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Our customer service team is also available to assist with any product issues or concerns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • cmdtrgd
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
ChefLisa
  • raebates