• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Products on Amazon?

In summary, during a conversation, the speaker discovered that Pampered Chef products are being sold on Amazon.com and eBay, which goes against company rules for consultants. The speaker expressed frustration that some people are breaking the rules and possibly making money off of it. They also mentioned the lack of warranty for products bought from unauthorized sellers and suggested that posting negative reviews may be a way to discourage this behavior. The speaker also shared an encounter with a couple who claimed to be consultants and were planning to sell products on Amazon through a loophole. The speaker advised against this, noting that while it may not be technically wrong, it is not ethical.
sklay723
Gold Member
Am I the only one who had never heard of this? I ran into one of my best customers today at Target and she told me her sister-in-law found PC products on Amazon.com, so I got home and looked it up. Here's a link that is JUST an example. How is this even possible???

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AJ17TS/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Just the same as on ebay.

Wow. I knew about ebay, but had no idea that you can get PC products on Amazon. What nerve. Where are the PC police?

Nothing prevents other people from reselling their products...it's just us consultants who cannot. Unless they know the person is a consultant, "pc police" can't do anything.

Did you notice they are selling some of the items for more than the retail? I think I would still report this to HO and let them sort out if it is a customer or consultant. I explained to several customers lately that eBay & Amazon & CraigsList etc have NO warranty on them.

I was just browsing around and found one couple named Bob and Paula Roslansky who put in this comment about the Garlic Press they are selling: #2576 Brand new with 3 year warranty. Sold by Pampered Chef Consultant direct from factory in sealed box. Great tool for health conscious food preparers.This is the OLD version that was redesigned this year.

Believe me when I say that I fully realize this shouldn't bother me so badly. But when I work hard to make sure I'm following the rules, it irritates me that there are people who are blatantly NOT staying within the boundaries...and I'm sure these Amazon sellers (if they truly are consultants) are aware that this is a bold violation.

You know they do! I reported all the ones who have been selling the products on an email to HO a few minutes ago. I think this is just so wrong...especially selling the items for MORE than retail plus shipping!

One of the products (Food chopper I think) - someone had posted a review that blasted the person selling- and also those buying- letting them know they do NOT get a warranty on any item not purchased from a consultant. I thought it was well done. Maybe if folks post bad reviews about the products, that will impact more than jsut reporting to HO. I for one am one who looks at customer reviews, including the low ones....because I don't want to buy junk or get taken.But I don't have time to go looking for the rule breakers...they will always be there. You get rid of one, and 3 more pop up in its place.

I personally don't sweat it because a) the seller is probably not a consultant .... but they may be a host who got it free or at a huge discount and b) let the buyer beware! If somebody is dumb enough to pay more than full retail for something without a guarantee it's their own fault!

Well this one couple SAID they were consultants and I can't imagine claiming it is they weren't! That's just dumb!

Theres a DCB on there for $89.70 plus $12.95 shipping! OMG

Jewel said:
Theres a DCB on there for $89.70 plus $12.95 shipping! OMG
LOL....someone should post a review on that item "You can buy this directly from Pampered Chef or a reputable consultant for $69 plus XX shipping AND GET the 3yr warranty!" That will fix them! Just make sure you mention how awesome that DCB is though. :)

Okay....so I email "Bob and Paula Roslansky" and she first emails me and says "Oh we don't want to do anything wrong. Thanks for letting us know." I reply that sometimes people don't know...blah blah". Then she emails me back. She says her husband is the Consultant and he talked to HO and they said he couldn't sell on eBay or Amazon.com but didn't say anything about Hosts so she is going to purchase as the Host and sell the items! I emailed her back and said that while this is not technically wrong it is ethically wrong to do it and I would advise her not to do it... Oh brother... Have no sympathy for that one at all!

pcchefjane said:
Okay....so I email "Bob and Paula Roslansky" and she first emails me and says "Oh we don't want to do anything wrong. Thanks for letting us know." I reply that sometimes people don't know...blah blah". Then she emails me back. She says her husband is the Consultant and he talked to HO and they said he couldn't sell on eBay or Amazon.com but didn't say anything about Hosts so she is going to purchase as the Host and sell the items! I emailed her back and said that while this is not technically wrong it is ethically wrong to do it and I would advise her not to do it... Oh brother... Have no sympathy for that one at all!

I would forward that to the HO email and just let them handle it. According to my Hospitality Director, anyone selling on Ebay (or I'd presume also Amazon- ) who has the same address as the consultant- is also enough to get them in trouble. She had gotten this from HO sometime in the past.

So I'd forward the link to the product/username and also your email transactions with her to the HO link.... [email protected]

I reported them last week to HO ......

Its just wrong

I just forwarded the whole correspondence to HO. I don't like anyone who tries to circumvent the system like this. It's just plain wrong and unethical.

Just got this from HO last night:"Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. You are correct that they are one and the same. We had sent a notice to them and in speaking to them they have removed their listing."

I have sent multiple complaints to HO regarding the listings I have found (they just change their "store" name and do it again). I can't understand how they can allow these sites to use the copyrighted pictures from the catalog?? Even if they say they are a "Host"...

I have wanted to ask my neighbor or sister to order for me to see what the info on the box or invoice says, but they are way to expensive (you would have to do it on something that may break so you could request a return -- with a reference # etc).

Evidently HO really doesn't have the resources to keep on top of this. I just keep sending the links in month after month. There was 1 taken down in the last year.

It is AGAINST the rules and it is UNETHICAL. Please don't condone this behavior in your clusters.

The last site I sent in has taken the PC products off of their site, so it seems that HO was able to contact them.

Continue to send in the links, check back monthly to see if they are no longer selling PC items on it and if not, resend it.

Like I said though, they will probably just pop back up under a different "store" name. I loathe people who cheat they system....the ones I sent in could quite possibly be going to Disney...

All someone (not a consultant) would have to do to make a killing on ebay or amazon is to be a host of a large PC show, get lots of stuff for free, half price and discounted, and set up shop.

Yep, but when they have listed 400 pc products on their site with pictures from the catalog it's a little suspicious...

Even if they are not consultants, they proboably have some insider help.

Sum of a beach! GOOD NEWS ON THAT FRONT THOUGH - I had lady at a party on the 6th who spent over $100 on E-bay on stuff and when she found out the actual cost she nearly died. She paid $101.30 for about $50 in stuff!!! I simply said, that is what happens to a lot of people. You really need to make sure you are getting the best price. She said she was going to write a comment on the persons profile about what a rip off it was and she would post the actual prices!!! She took my catalog so... No I did not ask, I did not want to know whose credibility she was about to ruin! NAN A NANA NA NA!

pampered1224 said:
Sum of a beach! GOOD NEWS ON THAT FRONT THOUGH - I had lady at a party on the 6th who spent over $100 on E-bay on stuff and when she found out the actual cost she nearly died. She paid $101.30 for about $50 in stuff!!! I simply said, that is what happens to a lot of people. You really need to make sure you are getting the best price. She said she was going to write a comment on the persons profile about what a rip off it was and she would post the actual prices!!! She took my catalog so... No I did not ask, I did not want to know whose credibility she was about to ruin! NAN A NANA NA NA!

You should have seen the expression on my customer's face when she told me about her sister browsing products on AMAZON. This particular customer has been one of my vip's since I began my business and she was just disgusted that her sister would even attempt to shop elsewhere. She made sure she told me that she appreciated my newsletters and the recipes I've passed along to her, and how good the customer service is whenever she's had an issue with a product. We just have to remember that WE are a "bargain" for our customers, too...customer service comes with the job! :)

I think we can stop them. If those of you how has an amazon account would post at the comment section at every product that is there. I have noticed that someone already started, like the DCB has a comment, about warranty, getting it cheaper, and the proper price. But it should be done with every product. A simple copy and paste and a correct price would do.
I am outraged when I see something like this, and I think we can stop them. There is only 1 home office BUT thousands of honest and trustworthy consultants.
Remember ;) Take charge, Take action!

Zsuzsanna

NASTY but I like it!

I like it, too -- great idea! I have checked the sites that I sent in recently and 2 of the 3 no longer have the PC items listed -- mission accomplished!

Sounds like we have our own PC police!

Zsu said:
I think we can stop them. If those of you how has an amazon account would post at the comment section at every product that is there. I have noticed that someone already started, like the DCB has a comment, about warranty, getting it cheaper, and the proper price. But it should be done with every product. A simple copy and paste and a correct price would do.
I am outraged when I see something like this, and I think we can stop them. There is only 1 home office BUT thousands of honest and trustworthy consultants.
Remember ;) Take charge, Take action!

Zsuzsanna

LOL - AMEN! I personally don't have the time really to police other's business, BUT if I do come across them- yes...i would do it. *Then again, I'm not usually LOOKING for PC Products on Amazon. :) *

schel said:
Sounds like we have our own PC police!

More than you probably know!

1. How are Pampered Chef products being sold on Amazon?

Pampered Chef products are being sold on Amazon through third-party sellers. These sellers purchase the products from Pampered Chef or other retailers and then resell them on Amazon.

2. Is this a legitimate way to purchase Pampered Chef products?

Yes, purchasing Pampered Chef products on Amazon is a legitimate way to buy their products. However, it is important to make sure you are purchasing from a reputable seller to ensure the quality and authenticity of the product.

3. Are the prices on Amazon the same as buying directly from Pampered Chef?

No, the prices of Pampered Chef products on Amazon may vary from the original prices set by Pampered Chef. This is because third-party sellers may choose to set their own prices for the products they are reselling.

4. How can I be sure I am purchasing an authentic Pampered Chef product on Amazon?

To ensure you are purchasing an authentic Pampered Chef product on Amazon, it is best to look for sellers with good ratings and reviews. You can also check the product listing for any indication that it is an official Pampered Chef product, such as the brand logo or description.

5. Is buying Pampered Chef products on Amazon the same as supporting the company?

Yes and no. While purchasing products on Amazon still supports the Pampered Chef brand, the company may not benefit as much from these sales compared to direct purchases. It is always best to purchase directly from the company if you want to support them more directly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • yummybytes
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chee65
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies