• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

*Pampered Chef Product You Have Never Sold?*

In summary, Chris does not typically sell products that PC carries. She thinks it is because they are expensive and she is very passionate about her Executive cookware.
rennea
Gold Member
Just wondering if there are any products that PC currantly has that you have never sold? And what do you think is the reason you haven't.

I have never sold a Apple Peeler/corer/slicer and it's stand ~I think it is because I personally think it's silly and don't have one and there for don't talk about it.

I have never sold a 5-Piece or 7-piece SS set ~ I think it is because there are expensive for a lot of people and also I am very passionate about our Executive cookware and show it off.

I have never sold the Grilling Planks

In my almost four years, I have never sold.....I can happily say that when I use things myself, and use them in my demos, I sell them. Oh, I've got it- I've never sold the rectangle stone or any of the gift sets.

grilling planksThat too, never sold one.

I've never sold a Torte Pan Set (I've never had mine out of the box.:eek: )
I've also never sold a 5 or 7 pc. stainless cookware set, and I don't think I've ever sold a Pizza Crust Mix.

I have never sold ANY Stainless Steel. I like you am passionate about the Executive so that is what I sell.
I love the APCS and I bring it out at shows starting in August, right around apple season. People that can applesauce and make pies LOVE the ease of use and how quickly they can get through a bushell of apples.
I have never sold:
3 tier stand for SA- I don't take it to shows and I think it is something that needs to be seen.
Rectangle stand for SA- same as above
Avacado peeler- avacados aren't big in my area
Forged Carving Set- I dont have this b/c I have the old set, and I think maybe if they were on special...maybe
Stainless Cleaner (I keep forgetting to cross sell it w/ the SA peices)
Asian Seasoning- I am not sure what to tell people to use this in
Rosemary Seasoning-same as above
Moroccan Rub-same as above
Greek Rub-same as above

There are a few things that I had to think twice about. I think maybe I have sold one or two. But other than that, they aren't big items for me.

I was just thinking about this tonight - funny that you posted.For the new products, I think the finger guard is a dud...Older products - grilling planks, stainless cookware sets (not because the product is bad just no opportunity yet), tiles napkins and placemats...

I have never sold a Forged Carving Set...that's all I can think of.

Chris - for the seasonings...BRING THEM to your shows - pass them around for "sniff tests" and you'll sell them!
I sell tons of Rosemary - I use it on every chicken dish I make at home - even my TG turkey! I tell people all about it!
The Greek I use for the torta on page 24 - I have been doing that at all my shows lately.

janetupnorth said:
I was just thinking about this tonight - funny that you posted.

For the new products, I think the finger guard is a dud...

Older products - grilling planks, stainless cookware sets (not because the product is bad just no opportunity yet), tiles napkins and placemats...

I bring out the FG when I am slicing something and I tell people how great it is for the 9-13 crowd - the kids who are learning how to cook but you're not quite comfy letting them use a knife unupervised just yet - this trains them to hold their finger correctly.

Oh - and tiles...I can't say I have ever sold tiles-anything that I can think of...

Last edited:
dannyzmom said:
I have never sold a Forged Carving Set...that's all I can think of.

Chris - for the seasonings...BRING THEM to your shows - pass them around for "sniff tests" and you'll sell them!
I sell tons of Rosemary - I use it on every chicken dish I make at home - even my TG turkey! I tell people all about it!
The Greek I use for the torta on page 24 - I have been doing that at all my shows lately

I take them to the shows and yet still have not sold some of the seasonings. I used to take ALL of the seasonings, but I don't have the room to take them all. I always pass what I have. But I will keep trying. Thanks!!

and I LOVE :love: the idea about the finger guard w/ the 9-13 crowd!! GREAT idea!!

Hmmmmm ... I've had 10 shows so it's easier to say what products I HAVE sold!I have never sold:
* Any stainless. Probably because you can't get open stock of anything but a frying pan, and nobody I know will fry in stainlesss.
* Any cookware larger than a saute pan.
* Any forged cutlery ... I think. I'll have to ponder this one a bit. I have sold the self-sharpening knives and the green ones.I'm sure there are more ...

The egg separator....I never take it or use it.
The A/P/C/S. Never even had anyone ask about it. I think that is an item that is more popular in other parts of the country.

Of the new items, the cc bread knife (still SO sad they got rid of the under $10 version with lifetime warranty, which worked GREAT for a $20 1 yr warranty knife that I don't think it better). We don't have the paper napkins anymore, do we? Never sold those! Also, unusual for me to sell the tablecloths, napkins & placemats. Except once they are on the outlet, they sell like crazy so they are obviously just a little pricey. I think I've sold at least one of just about everything else, including the Grill Planks. That's not something you forget.

Oh, my sister was SHOCKED when she saw the price of the paper napkins ... never mind that they would have been free had she had 12 orders at her show.

I have never sold the dessert plates. Also never sold any of the gift sets. Nor the forged steak knife set. Probably cuz they're a bit too pricey.

Or the stoneware unsulated tote. Who would use that besides maybe a consultant?

Anybody who wants to take the DCB or Chilzanne Server to a church potluck! That said ... I've never sold one either, probably because I don't have it!

I honestly can't think of anything I've never sold any of. I sell all of the spices quite a bit. Also, the greek Rub is really good in the Jerk Chicken Nachos - it gives ita fresher flavor and is really good. As for the SS cookware I have sold quite a bit of it as well because I bring the 8" Saute Pans in both Stainless and executive and do the ice demo and that impresses people. I think the biggest reason I sell it though is I am honest with people. I let them know I don't use it for everything, but do like it for specific things and use examples.
As for the Apple Peeler/Corer?Slicer I sell more of those in the fall during Apple season and during the holidays when people are baking.

I sell the grilling planks all the time and never talk about them. Sell the A/P/C/S all the time in the fall and winter. I do a "Fall into Apple Season" show starting in late August.

I have never sold any of the tablecloths or napkins. Price is a bit steep I think.

Dots...No interest other than comments "don't like those colors".
Oh well :)

I have never sold any stainless either!

I've enjoyed these comments. I MUST share:

I became a PC customer about 10 or so years ago because of the stoneware and the A/P/C/S! But not for apples--for potatoes! You guys need to try the cheesy potatoes in the DCB (originally in the round baker thingy).

Jules711 said:
Of the new items, the cc bread knife (still SO sad they got rid of the under $10 version with lifetime warranty, which worked GREAT for a $20 1 yr warranty knife that I don't think it better).
I totally agree! But I do have the say the cc bread knife is a bit smaller so it works better than the old one and certainly than the forged one for things like smaller rolls.

Ann F said:

I became a PC customer about 10 or so years ago because of the stoneware and the A/P/C/S! But not for apples--for potatoes! You guys need to try the cheesy potatoes in the DCB (originally in the round baker thingy).

We use the APCS for potatoes all the time! Makes peeling them a snap. We now keep ours out on the counter (no little ones around to hurt themselves on it.) Having it out, also reminds to make something with apples now and then (DH loves apple pies).

I don't think I've ever sold the wine bottle opener, grilling planks, or the carafe.

janetupnorth said:
I was just thinking about this tonight - funny that you posted.

For the new products, I think the finger guard is a dud...

Older products - grilling planks, stainless cookware sets (not because the product is bad just no opportunity yet), tiles napkins and placemats...
I like the finger guard! Not for me...but I have used it at my shows and talked about how it's great for clumsy chefs, or for teaching proper knife skills to kids.

But...I totally agree with your list of "never sold this" items!

Ann F said:

RECIPE!! Sounds like something my family would LOVE!

Never sold any grilling planks. cloth napkins, dessert plates, juicer, stainless sets, Roasting pan, spanish seasons best, ice cream sandwich maker, I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Never sold the grilling planks or Cloth napkins either. Also, I don't think I've ever sold the insulated tote for stoneware or the Springform pan.

Pretty much everything else I have sold though.

(oh ya and I haven't sold the spanish season's best either...)

Seems a lot of people have never sold the grilling planks. I have sold just one set myself. Plus I purchased some for me but still haven't used them. I must give them a try.

Celebrate Plate, Carafe (either version), Napkins and Napkin Rings, Wine Bottle Opener, Grilling Planks, any SS cookware, Easy Pies and Tarts Set. I think that's about it! Excluding the cookware, I really don't talk about much of it. Plus there is alot of products that I swear only 1 person has bought before!

pampered.chris said:
I have never sold ANY Stainless Steel. I like you am passionate about the Executive so that is what I sell.
I love the APCS and I bring it out at shows starting in August, right around apple season. People that can applesauce and make pies LOVE the ease of use and how quickly they can get through a bushell of apples.
I have never sold:
3 tier stand for SA- I don't take it to shows and I think it is something that needs to be seen.
Rectangle stand for SA- same as above
Avacado peeler- avacados aren't big in my area
Forged Carving Set- I dont have this b/c I have the old set, and I think maybe if they were on special...maybe
Stainless Cleaner (I keep forgetting to cross sell it w/ the SA peices)
Asian Seasoning- I am not sure what to tell people to use this in
Rosemary Seasoning-same as above
Moroccan Rub-same as above
Greek Rub-same as above

There are a few things that I had to think twice about. I think maybe I have sold one or two. But other than that, they aren't big items for me.
I made teriyaki chicken the other night and I seasoned first with the Asian seasoning and used lemon olive oil I got in Coeur d'Alene then poured some sauce over the top and it added a wonderful layer of flavor that had I not used it would have been sorely missed. ;) It added some heat.

I have never sold:
herb keeper (unless it was a freebie)
tiles napkins
placemats
pinch bowls
insulated tote

I have never sold any of the following:

Rectangle Stand
Three Tiered Stand
Celebrate Plate
Grilling Planks
Dessert Plates
Napkin or Placemat Set & Napkin Rings

I personally don't have any of these items and I never talk about them at my shows.

We're yet to sell any of the cookware - but maybe that's because we only have the griddle pan and don't have any of the pans. At home we currently use a set of three lightweight saucepans from Ikea that cost us about £3 ($6) and we love that they're not very heavy, so we're slightly loath to spend £200 ($400) to get a cookware set.

chefsteph07 said:
Never sold any grilling planks. cloth napkins, dessert plates, juicer, stainless sets, Roasting pan, spanish seasons best, ice cream sandwich maker, I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I need to re edit this, I just sold a spanish seasons best a month ago or so...and guess what? HO sent the Spanish SB from spring/summer 2007- not 08! LOL

I'm still brand new, so there are a lot of items that I've not yet sold.

I'm seeing a lot of comments about the SS Cookware. I own this set and LOVE it! I've taken one of the saucepans with me to the last 3 shows & I've already had a host book a show so she can earn the set.

One of my hosts bought the springform pan and I have to say when I saw it I was VERY impressed! I'm going to end up buying one now just because I saw and held her's.

Question 1: Why haven't you sold the Apple Peeler/corer/slicer and its stand?

I personally do not own one and do not see the need for it, so I don't usually talk about it during my sales pitches. Additionally, I believe there are other products that are more versatile and useful in the kitchen.

Question 2: What is the reason for not selling the 5-Piece or 7-Piece SS set?

The price point for these sets can be a bit steep for some customers, so it may not be a top priority for them to purchase. I also tend to focus on promoting our Executive cookware, which I am very passionate about and believe is a better investment for customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
marystell1
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • dannyzmom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pkd09